IGNORED

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated

acromite53

Genuinely curious if anyone will be picking this up. I grew up playing the Gamecube original so I will be getting it. I have so many great memories of playing this game. Originally published by THQ, it could have been completely unremarkable. But it ended up being a great classic 3d platformer!

The remaster actually looks great! Though I am most concerned about how Switch performance will be. Hopefully it isn't poorly optimized like every other Switch port.

Image result for bikini bottom rehydrated"

Probably going to get this. I know the original got a bit of a cult following and a healthy speedrun community, havent had a chance to play it yet, looks fun.

If anything, I hope this is successful so we can see more esoteric titles from that era remastered 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, Adorabear said:

I already have this preordered. 😛 I buy all of the 3D platformers I can, so this is an absolute must-buy for me. I was a huge fan of the original game; I can't even count how many times I've played it as a kid. Looking forward to seeing how the remaster is!

Same here! I played it so much. Those dream levels were great.

Are there any 3d platformers on modern systems you'd recommend? Super Lucky's Tale looks nice. So does A Hat in Time.

On February 17, 2020 at 12:27 AM, acromite53 said:

Same here! I played it so much. Those dream levels were great.

Are there any 3d platformers on modern systems you'd recommend? Super Lucky's Tale looks nice. So does A Hat in Time.

I haven't played Super Lucky's Tale or A Hat in Time yet, although they are in my massive backlog of stuff to work on! Recent ones that I've played that I can recommend are Yooka-Laylee (I loved Banjo-Kazooie so this was filled with tons of nostalgia) and Poi 🙂 Super Mario Odyssey was really well done too!