IGNORED

LutherDestroysTheFinds - rare 5-screw variant find!

On 7/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Over the last few weeks I made a couple of finds on Craigslist.  Paid a combined $85 for everything pictured.  Gamecube stuff is sadly just the manuals/cases but Mario Sunshine and Pokemon XD alone are basically worth what I paid for everything.  Both PS3 controllers work.  Great stuff!

20200706_100729.jpg

I'm curious if you still have that Mario Strikers case..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aguy said:

Because buying things is fun, it makes me feel good.

@Code Monkey  @RegularGuyGamer

I'm trying to make my dozens of thrift store, garage sale, craigslist, and pawn store trips worthwhile on the rare instance when I actually find something.  I'm keeping almost everything in my most recent post (except one DVD that I can use to get a few bucks of store credit to buy games).  I've kept almost everything in my other finds that I post here. 

I don't look around locally for games just to find them and leave them...that makes zero sense.  If I can use what I find while looking for local deals to help subsidize my hobby when several games have spiked in price then that's what I'll do.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

@Code Monkey  @RegularGuyGamer

I don't look around locally for games just to find them and leave them...that makes zero sense.  If I can use what I find while looking for local deals to help subsidize my hobby when several games have spiked in price then that's what I'll do.

I do the same thing. That's what I meant by fuel the fire. To keep the collection going sometimes I gotta sell something I don't want and replace it with something I do want. I recently found a PS Vita for $15 and immediately sold it and bought a decent prices item I had on my wish list for awhile. 

I don't enjoy the selling but it is rewarding. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds: Sealed Games at a Garage Sale! Updated 9/24/20

9/24/2020: Local estate sale popped up on facebook yesterday but I had to work when it started this morning (8AM).  The wife doesn't have to work until 9AM so she went for me and got their first.  She ended up getting this small haul for $3 total.  Madden, Big Brain Academy, and most importantly, Eternal Darkness are all sealed!!  Space Invaders is opened and the game cart inside is Brain Age.  Seals look legit but I am no expert.  (Not pictured, android phone car charger and Alone In The Dark for PC - she thought it was a PS1 game).  Great find!!

Lady running the sale said her son moved out years ago and she found these games so that was it.  Pic of the facebook post included that tipped me off to the Eternal Darkness.

20200924_090154.jpg

20200924_090227.jpg

gcn.PNG

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 7

9/24/2020:  I found a small lot on facebook marketplace today and met up after work.  Ended up paying $100 for everything.  The 3DS is a nice blue color and in great shape.  Pokemon Black 2 is the real gem here, though.  Sorry for the upside down pics.  Great back-to-back finds on the same day!

20200925_000722.thumb.jpg.a76727428515b7e676970a439a96166a.jpg

20200925_000729.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 9/24/20 with 2 posts
  • The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 12/9/2020

12/7/2020: Stopped at a local game store that sells empty boxes for cheap.  The DS cases were $1 each all have manuals except Harvest Moon.  Rolan's Curse box was $2, no manual though.  Great find considering I couldn't even find a current or sold listing for Rolan's Curse with the box on ebay.  I already owned the cartridge and just need the manual!  (PM me if you're selling)

11/30/2020

Got the 3 Retrobit SNES compilation s brand new from Gamestop on clearance.  $34 total for all 3.  They all released new for like $25-30 each iirc.  Cheap enough for me to finally pull the trigger on these.

20201209_164319.jpg

20201209_164557.jpg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 12/17/2020
  • The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 12/24/2020

12/23/2020: Local game store had a sale of buy 2 get 1 plus I had a $5 off coupon.  Got these for $45 total.  All are complete with manuals.  Both Otogi games are upgrades from my current copies and I'm 1 more game closer to finishing my Turbografx set.  Great little haul! 

20201224_220820.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 12/26/2020

12/26/2020:  Local thrift store had a deal if you bought a giftcard before xmas, you got a 50% coupon for after xmas.  I took advantage of this deal and went back first thing this morning. 

I found 2 Wiis marked at $50 each.  With the coupon I got both for ~$53 total after tax.  All in all I got: 2 Wiis with cords and stands (missing 1 a/v cable), 3 wiimotes (ALL 3 missing battery covers), 2 nunchuks, and one Wii had a Smash Bros Brawl disc inside.  Great haul! 

I already ordered 3 Wii Mote battery covers and I had an extra video cord laying around.  

20201226_170056.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

1/2/2021: Found a silver slim PS2 console with cords, controller, and a 3rd party wireless controller (with dongle) at a thrift store for $25.  The console had a MX vs ATV disc inside and everything works great!

1/7/2021: I FINALLY found a 36" Sony Trinitron on a Facebook garage sale page listed for $50.  Came with a remote and manual.  Offered $40 and they agreed and we picked it up today.  It took me and 2 buddies to get it loaded in the house and safely downstairs.  Looked up this model on the Trinitron/WEGE Wiki page and it weighs 216 pounds!  Image and sound are great on this thing and it is massive.  I'm very happy with it.

20210107_215325.jpg

20210107_210654.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 1/6/2021

Great find on that Trini. I once found a 32" TV and nearly killed myself trying to carry it alone. Ended up having to get rid of it because it smelled so bad of cigarette smoke too so I had to carry it TWICE. I have a 21" Trini now which is the biggest I'm willing to carry alone. If I sit close to the screen it FEELS like a 36" 🤣

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 1/7/2021
On 1/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

See the most recent post for latest updates on finds

Continuation of this Nintendoage thread: http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview374a.html?catid=10&threadid=126291

1/19/2020: I recently moved and have been starting to look for finds locally in the new neighborhood.  Saw a local estate sale pop up on Craigslist that was about 15 min away.  It had games and consoles buried in the pictures with no words to alert other buyers.  I emailed beforehand but never got a response.  Pics of the sale included.

Sale started at 11:00 and I showed up around 9:45.  To my dismay, there were about 10-12 cars waiting on the country road for the sale to start already.  People were walking up to the house too so I rushed out of my car and headed up there.  Someone working the sale had post it notes that were numbered so you could hold your place in line.  I got number #25 and was so bummed that over an hour early was such a bad draw.  But right then the worker found another post it that someone tossed aside for #11 and he swapped me for the 25 that he had given me.  Thank god. 

11:00 rolls around and everyine starts lining up.  From the chatter in line, it seems like most people knew each other from estate saling.  There were the jewelry guys.  The tools guys.  The DVD/Bluray people.  The toys guys.  I was blown away by the whole thing.  I was used to regular estate/garage sales where you just show up and browse. 

The first 25 people are allowed in and I get in.  I peeked inside and knew where not to go for the games.  I zipped upstairs and found them waiting on a table with no one else in there.  I scooped up what I knew i wanted with good prices.  Someone came in right after me and grabbed the only good Genesis games (Phelios CIB, Altered Beast CIB, Sonic 1 CIB) and the Saturn console and Genesis console.  Both consoles were overpriced but losing those 3 Gensis titles stung.  I gather everything and start pulling out games I dont want (Rad Racer, Bases Loaded, Wrestlemania, etc).  I didnt think to get rid of the Light Gun and the Max controllers so I overpaid on those.  I browsed some more and found 3 Beatles 45s for $1 each.  

Overall, I paid $112 for everything pictured below.  The NES and Gameboy both work great.  One of the Saturn games still has the receipt from Funcoland in 1997.  The Rad Racer glasses, NES 18 game rack, and Sega Netlink adapter were all cool odds-and-ends that were free with everything.  A pretty great haul that wouldn't have been possible if the worker didnt swap out my post it number.  At least now I know to be 2 hours early for any future sale ran by this estate selling company.

Screenshot_20200117-232357_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-232400_Chrome.jpg

20200120_091603.jpg

20200120_091607.jpg

20200120_091613.jpg

20200120_091620.jpg

That's AMAZING for what you paid...WOW...I'm jealous haha

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 1/12/2021

1/11/2021:  Went to a nearby game store and 5 Dreamcast games.  A little closer to finishing my set.  Paid $21 for all 5, Railroad Tycoon was the great deal here.  

1/12/2021: Found someone selling 20 DS empty cases with manuals/inserts, no games.  Paid $15 for the lot.  I'm most excited about the bottom row as the only game I already own is Mario Kart DS.  Great stuff!

20210112_191126.jpg

20210112_190407.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 1/29/2021
  • The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 2/3/2021

2/3/21: Another thrift store find.  Got the Daffy Duck game plus case for $1 and the PSP games were all $5 each.  Well below pricecharting on these.  Unfortunately, the Yu Gi Oh game doesnt have the manual but the other 2 are complete.  Probably keeping Simpsons to try out and selling/trading the other games.  Great little haul!

20210203_133257.jpg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 2/9/2021

2/9/21:  Found a 3DSXL lot posted on Facebook.  Looked at the pics and realized it was actually a New 3DS XL. Offered the seller $120 and he accepted.  Got it home and everything works!  Great little haul and the Pokemon games were great to find locally.  Going to keep Pokemon White for now and going to give Sims 3 to the wife.  The rest will be sold/traded.  Great stuff!

20210209_213304.jpg

20210209_213313.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 2/20/2021

2/18/2021: Found a gamecube with hookups and Animal Crossing locally on Facebook for $50.  I offered $40 and met up the lady selling the it.  Neither 3rd party controller worked but I have extra controllers to bundle with it.  Going to try setting up my daughter with a village of her own.  Great stuff!

20210220_131513.jpg

• Like 2