IGNORED

LutherDestroysTheFinds - rare 5-screw variant find!

On 2/20/2021 at 9:27 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

2/18/2021: Found a gamecube with hookups and Animal Crossing locally on Facebook for $50.  I offered $40 and met up the lady selling the it.  Neither 3rd party controller worked but I have extra controllers to bundle with it.  Going to try setting up my daughter with a village of her own.  Great stuff!

20210220_131513.jpg

Make sure to hook up a GBA so she can visit the island!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Make sure to hook up a GBA so she can visit the island!

Good call, I would've totally forgotten.  We set up her village and she enjoys it.  I let her walk around and I do the reading for her.  Starting to think that this may be a tool to get her to read some more on her own....

In other pickup news, I got a cart holder locally for $3 for her to put NES games in.  I picked out ones that I think are good for her to start and learn the buttons.  Going to paint it purple and let her use some old Nintendo stickers and some of her own stickers to decorate and make it her own.  I want to give her a chance to like my hobby but if it doesn't stick that's fine too.

20210224_121119.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 6/5/2021

6/5/2021: Hit up some garage sales today and got everything pictured for $135 across a few garage sales, but most items were from 2 sales.  3 of the PS1s don't work.  The Atari, Xbox, PS2, DS Lite, and 1 PS1 work.  3DS cases are case/manual only.  Also got some random Pokemon cards with like 30 holos.  Best day of garage saling in quite a while.  

20210605_115827.jpg

20210605_115603.jpg

20210605_115555.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 6/5/2021 with 2 posts!

6/5/2021: Visited a game store took some of the loose game discs and a bunch of Disney DVDs I found today garage saling (spent about $8 total on them) and got $43 of store credit.  Also, had a 20% off coupon so I spent $138 for CIB Einhander and CIB Castlevania Symphony of the Night.  Great finish to the day!

20210605_181824.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 10/27/2021

Updating with a few finds since my last haul.  

Early September I found an older lady on Facebook Marketplace selling 16 SNES games for $5 each or $80 total.  I had asked about a few titles that interested me and she said someone else was asking but if I bought the whole lot I could have it.  I ended up buying everything.  Can you spot the gem?

10/12/21: Went to a pawn shop and got Warrior of Rome 2 CIB, Dead or Alive Dimensions loose, and 2 Gamecube memory cards that were rubber banded together (one white with 1019 blocks and one of the Animal Crossing memory cards).   Got the lot for $30 total when I asked if they'd cut me a deal.  

10/26/21: found a Nintendo 64 lot locally that had been sitting for 5 days on Facebok.  Seller was asking $350.  I messaged him and negotiated and he ended up selling it all for $200 because he just wanted it gone.  Everything works great except one of the purple controllers has a loose stick and one rumble pack has corroded batteries inside.  He even had a Hyperkin HDMI cord for it which was surprising.  There was what I assume was a third-party expansion pack includes as well with a funky top??  Not sure if it's a jumper pack or an expansion pack though.  Great find!

20211027_112541.jpg

20211027_112440.jpg

20211027_000655.jpg

20211027_000704.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 5/27/2022

5/27/2022 - back to VGS after not logging in for a few months.  Had a stop at a local pawn shop and got this lot for $60 total, a pretty solid deal.  I thought all the controllers were OEM but when I got home I realized the fire orange and watermelon were 3rd party.  Damn......

20220527_175637.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 6/24/2022

6/24/2022: Went to a pawn shop and got all this for $40 out the door.   

Initially, the only Gamecube game I got was a loose copy of Mario Kart Double Dash.  However, when I got home I realized the disc was cracked.  Went back in and the gal working let me swap it for the 4 GC discs pictured.  Serious Sam is pretty scratched up so hopefully that works but everything else is in good shape.  A great little find!

20220624_181944.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

7/30/2022: Hit up a flea market while visiting my home town.  First time in a few years making it back.  Got everything pictured from several different tables for a total of $51.  Everything works great except the Little Mermaid has no sound.  PS2 came with the cords, controller, and some memory cards.  The black zipper binder us full of loose PS1 games with manuals, around a dozen or so discs.  Mostly sports/racing games and common stuff like Vigilante 8 and Syphon Filter 1 & 2.  Nice little haul.  This flea market is where I built the bulk of my collection 12-18 years ago.  

20220730_114649.jpg

• Like 3

Not bad, and the Tiger is an easy to moderate fix, depending where it failed.  If you have a soldering gun, flux, and if less easy to fix, a scraper and something to seal the deal you're probably fine.  One it's a popped wire, or two you have a bad trace that'll need a scrape and bypass/seal to button it up.  Those tiger games these days are still mostly cheap $5-10 pick ups on the low end so that's a decent thing to snap up.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 8/23/2022

8/23/2022: Two lots in one day!

Found a FB marketplace listing of 15 Wii games and a loose GBA SP for $45 total.  Met up the seller and he actually had 26 Wii games and when I asked him how much, he honored the $45 we agreed on.  All games are CIB.  1 Wii Music, 1 Star Wars, Hannah Montana, and Monster 4x4 big box are sealed.  GBA SP won't power on and the charging light stays on for about 2 seconds when I plug it in.  I'm almost certain it just needs a new battery and is otherwise in great shape. 

Second lot off FB was a lady selling 10 Genesis games for $100.  I offered $60 and she accepted.  All boxed titles are in great shape and complete except Ecco is missing the manual and Earthworm Jim is missing the cover art.  

tl;dr $105 for 36 games and a (most likely) fixable GBA SP

EDIT: ordered a gba sp battery and now the console works perfectly.  Great bargain!

20220823_213843.jpg

20220823_214121.jpg

20220823_213857.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 9/15/2022

9/14/22 - I found a listing in FB marketplace for a Gameboy lot.  It had been listed for 3 days and still available for $200.  The listing stated tge Gameboy console, Kirby cartridge, and the Bugs Bunny cartridge/manual were not included.   I tried haggling and got it down to $180.  While en route to pick it up, the seller said he found the Gameboy console and would throw it in for $20.  All in all, I think it was a really solid find.  Not a great deal as I still spent $200 but it was about 1/3 of pricecharting for the lot.  Everything is CIB with all inserts except the Kirby/Bugs Bunny missing items mentioned.  The gameboy serial number matched the box so that was neat to see.  All of the boxes and clean and great shape except Yoshi has a little crushing on one of the back corners.  Kirby might be my best-condition GB box that I own and Mario was an upgrade from what i had.   To me, it was nuts that it sat for 3 days with no buyers.  But, maybe I'm the only one nuts enough to pay $200 😅.

I already had carts for both of the games so it was nice to fill those out.  If you have a spare Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 2 manual, let me know!

tl;dr: everything pictured for $200, all CIB except missing Kirby cart and BBCC2 cart/manual

20220915_013916.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 10/112022

10/8/22.  Visited my hometown to go to watch the Guardians knock off the Ray's.  After getting back from the game, I went to a local gamestore that gave me 20% off for my birthday.  Found some decent prices on harder to find titles.  All games CIB except Guily Gear is missing the soundtrack CD and New Adventure Island is (obviously) missing the outer box.  The Kendrick album is a gift for my wife, but really we'll both listen to it a since we'reboth huge fans.  Got everything in the first picture for $225.  Really solid price,  iykyk

10/11/2022.  Hit up a pawn shop on my lunch. Found these games and controllers.  Some were priced, some not.  Talked with the lady and got everything in the 2nd pic for $85 total.  All disc games CIB except Nightmare is missing the manual.  The platinum GC controller had the C-stick replaced with a more comfortable one and I more than fine with that.  Might be my new main controller.  The retro brawler controller for N64 is neat to come across for cheap, I've been wanting to try it out.  Great find

20221011_133019.jpg

20221011_133154.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to LutherDestroysTheFinds. Updated 10/11/2022
11 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

10/8/22.  Visited my hometown to go to watch the Guardians knock off the Ray's.  After getting back from the game, I went to a local gamestore that gave me 20% off for my birthday.  Found some decent prices on harder to find titles.  All games CIB except Guily Gear is missing the soundtrack CD and New Adventure Island is (obviously) missing the outer box.  The Kendrick album is a gift for my wife, but really we'll both listen to it a since we'reboth huge fans.  Got everything in the first picture for $225.  Really solid price,  iykyk

10/11/2022.  Hit up a pawn shop on my lunch. Found these games and controllers.  Some were priced, some not.  Talked with the lady and got everything in the 2nd pic for $85 total.  All disc games CIB except Nightmare is missing the manual.  The platinum GC controller had the C-stick replaced with a more comfortable one and I more than fine with that.  Might be my new main controller.  The retro brawler controller for N64 is neat to come across for cheap, I've been wanting to try it out.  Great find

It's really weird seeing a Retro Brawler controller with a pawn shop sticker on it.  Never thought I would see that.

When you get a chance, see if you can push the L button, while at the same time pushing the analogue stick into the upper left position.  If you can feel them colliding, then you have an early release model. 

5 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

It's really weird seeing a Retro Brawler controller with a pawn shop sticker on it.  Never thought I would see that.

When you get a chance, see if you can push the L button, while at the same time pushing the analogue stick into the upper left position.  If you can feel them colliding, then you have an early release model. 

It was definitely a surprise.  My brain didn't comprehend what I was seeing at first lol.   There was some other odd things for N64, including 2 fake copies of Goldeneye that they had at this pawn shop.  Makes me wonder who exactly sold these items to this store.  

I tried out the L button with the joystick and it didn't rub so it sounds like it's a newer model of the Brawler 64.