IGNORED

8mm film scanning service?

acromite53

May be a long shot but is figure I'd ask. 

Anyone have experience or know of a good 8mm film scanning service? I've got a bunch if 50ft 8mm reels. Ideally I'd like it scanned in 2k. I've seen online sites offer lowest price $30 for 2k. Locally I've seen $35 each reel. Either way it's going to be expensive unless I want to film the wall.

• Like 1

That's been the standard price in my experience.

Alternatively you could rent a Wolverine MovieMaker for two weeks for about $80 plus shipping (and a deposit of $300 that gets refunded upon return of the machine.) If you have enough time and reels, it might save a bit, but you have to work with it yourself.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

That's been the standard price in my experience.

Alternatively you could rent a Wolverine MovieMaker for two weeks for about $80 plus shipping (and a deposit of $300 that gets refunded upon return of the machine.) If you have enough time and reels, it might save a bit, but you have to work with it yourself.

Wow that would be a great option. I have 14 8mm and maybe 15 super 8 reels. At ~$30 each, I'd be looking at around $1000.

Is this the site?

https://www.filmfix.com/blog.asp?post=439&l=e

Is this something that you have rented? I dont see anything about making your own video files. Of course they do want to sell their own service, but do you think scans could still be done with this rental?

We have currently a 10% special running... but I will extend to 20% off for you -- just use this link to get started.

Nathaniel from FilmFix

PS. We rent out the W. for previewing what you have. The transfer quality is sub standard.

PSS. Wolverine vs 2K Flash Scanner at 200%

Wolverine-review-close-up-side-by-side-a

Edited by Nathaniel
added image of transfer (Super 8 film)