IGNORED

Another TheMexicanRunner? (Twitch/YouTube streamer close to beating NES library)

bronzeshield

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Even better, bypass the entire game.

Actually, I dunno, I've never played. But it looks horrible.

It's not quite as bad as people say -- and certainly isn't the worst licensed game on the NES (as one site claims) -- but it's still pretty bad. Buggy as hell, and very frustrating.

I actually have zero problem with the whole secret code thing, and don't understand why people complain about it so much: I figured it out as a kid, with no outside hints.

But the forced AI companion thing is just stupid, and on my playthrough last year I encountered a horrible bottleneck late in Magneto's stage -- one I don't remember from previous playthroughs -- that's almost impossible for your character to survive.

That said the stage design is almost clever at points, the music is slightly above average, and it's possible to run through the game very quickly if you know what you're doing.

6 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

It's not quite as bad as people say -- and certainly isn't the worst licensed game on the NES (as one site claims) -- but it's still pretty bad. Buggy as hell, and very frustrating.

I actually have zero problem with the whole secret code thing, and don't understand why people complain about it so much: I figured it out as a kid, with no outside hints.

But the forced AI companion thing is just stupid, and on my playthrough last year I encountered a horrible bottleneck late in Magneto's stage -- one I don't remember from previous playthroughs -- that's almost impossible for your character to survive.

That said the stage design is almost clever at points, the music is slightly above average, and it's possible to run through the game very quickly if you know what you're doing.

Yeah it's possible to find the good in "bad" games.

For example, I like Bad Street Brawler a lot, despite the frustrating aspects.

• 4 months later...