IGNORED

The random gaming box train

Mae247

9 hours ago, Mae247 said:

Nothing else to say but see below for what’s coming on the next box

45980D47-E55A-4C02-A5A3-54EFD9C9CF25.jpeg

Now hold up, is this just box #2 going back down the list or is this a separate list?  I would like to be on both, but I'm not sure I can swing a 3rd... 4th. etc. box unless they are spaced out by a couple of months.

Also, it might be worth randomizing the receiver list if multiple boxes will be going out.  I'm kind of in the middle, but it'd be nice to know that at some point I (or others lower than me on the list) might get a crack at the initial stuff.

Also, HANDS OFF that SEGA CD stuff! Is that a Mortal Kombat promo VHS or a cartoon or something?

Mmm ok now I am confused, I understand the first box and such but I was not aware of there was going to be multiple ones. (unless this is indeed a whole separate train list) I was under the impression there was just the one to see how it goes then maybe do another one.  There needs to be some clarification and might also be nice to know a bit more ahead of time when this is happening. 

I am still on board right now BUT I can only afford so much a month, $20 once or twice a month is no problem but if it gets more than that I may have to step out.  

Edited by MuNKeY
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Dude is gonna send out a box full of common nes games and the box is gonna be worth $500 by the time it gets back to him. 

I was trying so hard not to say this. Does anyone really need John Elway or based loaded??

Edited by 8-bit guerilla
  • Like 2

IMHO, this whole thing would make a great club.  Maybe each month or so, we could "Approve" new boxes someone can start.  Then, for a couple weeks, people have the option to sign up and the sign-up thread will be dedicated to reveals.

I don't think there needs to be a new box a week in the club but a new box every month or two could be cool, especially if some are themed (Genesis titles, handhelds, strategy guides & manuals, etc.)  I think I recommended some of this, but it could keep it a bit more streamlined and @Mae247, you wouldn't have to seed or manage every box (though you could manage the club.)

• Like 3

Administrator · Posted

Ok this is getting a bit complicated.  Perhaps we should try out just one before making it too grand and having some issues.

@Mae247 Can you please clarify exactly what you mean by a second box, and what your intentions are?  I think there is some confusion about whether you are just sharing info about a future box and new signup, or if your plan or understanding was to do multiple of these with the same group.  I don't think most people here signed up for more than one.  Please clarify when you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Ok this is getting a bit complicated.  Perhaps we should try out just one before making it too grand and having some issues.

@Mae247 Can you please clarify exactly what you mean by a second box, and what your intentions are?  I think there is some confusion about whether you are just sharing info about a future box and new signup, or if your plan or understanding was to do multiple of these with the same group.  I don't think most people here signed up for more than one.  Please clarify when you can.

This is a whole other box. No need to worry. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RH said:

IMHO, this whole thing would make a great club.  Maybe each month or so, we could "Approve" new boxes someone can start.  Then, for a couple weeks, people have the option to sign up and the sign-up thread will be dedicated to reveals.

I don't think there needs to be a new box a week in the club but a new box every month or two could be cool, especially if some are themed (Genesis titles, handhelds, strategy guides & manuals, etc.)  I think I recommended some of this, but it could keep it a bit more streamlined and @Mae247, you wouldn't have to seed or manage every box (though you could manage the club.)

Bouncing off your idea @RH, it could be really cool to start boxes for specific niches as individual clubs.  Like a mix of stuff for one system that is worth more like $250 minimum.  Although I'm still looking forward to this box for fun, I am not sure how much stuff I'll actually want to keep from it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coffeewithmrsaturn said:

Bouncing off your idea @RH, it could be really cool to start boxes for specific niches as individual clubs.  Like a mix of stuff for one system that is worth more like $250 minimum.  Although I'm still looking forward to this box for fun, I am not sure how much stuff I'll actually want to keep from it.

4 item box, each item has to be worth $200 or more. Take what you want so long as your replace item-for-item with some thing in the same price range.

To rich for my blood, but it’d be fun to observe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted

Hey guys, it’s just supposed to be a fun little game.  Let’s try not to be too negative on the contents.  We’ll try this experiment out, and if people don’t wanna do it again, that’s cool too.  Let’s just see how it goes and make the best of it!

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

I meant to add - Regardless of contents, I’m curious more than anything just to see how it changes over the course - like what kinds of items get changed.  I’m hoping people swap out a bit and not just take one thing and send the rest hah 😄

It will be interesting to compare the first

box and last box and see how different they are!

• Like 2