IGNORED

What am I doing wrong with my 8bitdo controllers?

I recieved 2 SN30 controllers with the dongle things for Christmas and every time I charge them up and then leave them alone they drain the battery and die. This happens with both of them so Im assuming its me and not the controllers? I thought they had an auto sleep mode in them? Do i have to have them hooked up to charge any time theyre not in use?

58 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I recieved 2 SN30 controllers with the dongle things for Christmas and every time I charge them up and then leave them alone they drain the battery and die. This happens with both of them so Im assuming its me and not the controllers? I thought they had an auto sleep mode in them? Do i have to have them hooked up to charge any time theyre not in use?

I got the same thing for my Christmas/Birthday Present. You have to hold start for I think 3 seconds to shut them off after your done using them.  

They have an online manual on their website that will help you out.

https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Controller/SN30+SF30/SN30_Analogue.pdf

4 hours ago, Bubbapauls said:

I got the same thing for my Christmas/Birthday Present. You have to hold start for I think 3 seconds to shut them off after your done using them.  

They have an online manual on their website that will help you out.

https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Controller/SN30+SF30/SN30_Analogue.pdf

So I did that, and what Im noticeing is that after they're sitting around awhile (a few hours) the blue light will start blinking lije its tryimg to pair with something completely out of nowhere 

46 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

So I did that, and what I'm noticing is that after they're sitting around awhile (a few hours) the blue light will start blinking like its trying to pair with something completely out of nowhere 

Are you charging the controller when it turns itself back on? If you are it is a known problem that the controller turns on and you need to update the controllers firmware so it will remain off during charging.

If this doesn't work I have no idea, but I would update the firmware and see if that takes care of your problems.

I updated the firmware on everything and in the process figured out what I was doing wrong. I was treating it like some other electronics that are in sleep mode, as in just touching a button wakes them up but this needs to be turned back on again by holding the start button 😅. Total user error/stupidity. Thanks for the help @Bubbapauls

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I updated the firmware on everything and in the process figured out what I was doing wrong. I was treating it like some other electronics that are in sleep mode, as in just touching a button wakes them up but this needs to be turned back on again by holding the start button 😅. Total user error/stupidity. Thanks for the help @Bubbapauls

Glad you got it working.