IGNORED

JJ Games shutting down

11 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I wonder whats going to happen with PriceCharting then.  I preferred GVN but its being starved to death by not being updated or corrected.  All thats left is PC.  So if JJ goes, anyone gonna step up to the plate?

I spoke with JJ and he said that he will be continuing PC and hopes to have more time to dedicate to it.  It also confirmed that he turned down GoCollect's attempt to buy (probably back when they were aggressively buying GVN.)

I'm very happy that PC will continue on. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jonebone said:

I spoke with JJ and he said that he will be continuing PC and hopes to have more time to dedicate to it.  It also confirmed that he turned down GoCollect's attempt to buy (probably back when they were aggressively buying GVN.)

Thats good to hear.  

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Thats good to hear.  

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

That's really good to hear. Hopefully to takes a more aggressive approach to compete

38 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

They did have Bomberman Second Attack for a good price so I picked that up and a bunch of other low end N64 games that made sense because they have free shipping and the $1 off per game still applies. 

Id love to pick up some XBOX titles from them, but we're a long way off so far. Hopefully they drop some prices. Definitely glad to to hear you got a deal...

Supposedly they are lowering there prices every day.  My current strategy is to load up my cart with every moderately priced common cart I want in good shape.  I’m just going to wait it out until prices get so low they are ridiculous, if they even get to that point.  I might lose 80% of my shopping cart, but that’s cool.  If I can pick up 10-15% of the NES library this way with an average cart cost of $1.50, I’ll be happy.

Ah, right... switch to getting info from PC. Thanks for the reminder. 

Nothing against JJ, I bought some stuff from them over the years. The lack of pictures was a deal breaker most of the time, though. 

Unfortunate news overall. Bubble 'dun burst fellas.  

SELL NOW! (that's a joke)

https://www.jjgames.com/item/2593752

$71 for Kirby's Adventure... can't imagine why their sales have slowed. 😮

Edited by AirVillain

On 1/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, guitarzombie said:

I wonder whats going to happen with PriceCharting then.  I preferred GVN but its being starved to death by not being updated or corrected.  All thats left is PC.  So if JJ goes, anyone gonna step up to the plate?

Hmmm, recent sales still show up for me on GVN. What’s not being updated?

On 1/14/2020 at 8:57 AM, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Can't imagine why they're going out of business.

image.thumb.png.8607da1d720e33b554fa077271a80a52.png

On 1/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Lol wtf is this? These prices can't be real.

Lol oh but they are. I saw tons of similarly priced games over the lifespan of jj games. Shoot if anyone wants to pay me $300 for a GameCube or $125 for paper Mario, I've got some. What a deal!!! Buy now!! 

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve had a bunch of snes commons in my cart for maybe 5-6 days now, don’t see the prices decreasing. Maybe tomorrow?

I’ve got stuff sitting in my cart and was thinking the same thing.  In fact, the $5 off deal is now worse.  It’s now 7 games instead of 5.

You want to see how bad their prices are...look at their Xbox stuff...idk if they increased the original price so it looks like you're getting a deal or not but when you have a grungy game that's maybe worth $5 and the original price was $50 before the sale...yeah there's a problem.

The prices are ridiculous. No wonder they're going out of business...that and I've never heard of them...did they do much advertising?

14 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

You want to see how bad their prices are...look at their Xbox stuff...idk if they increased the original price so it looks like you're getting a deal or not but when you have a grungy game that's maybe worth $5 and the original price was $50 before the sale...yeah there's a problem.

The prices are ridiculous. No wonder they're going out of business...that and I've never heard of them...did they do much advertising?

Their XBOX games are specifically what I've been watching. 

1) The prices are 2-3x Ebay going rate

2) Not one price has dropped since day one

As for JJ Games exposure, I only saw them on Ebay and I think most people knew them from Ebay. I struggle to believe SEO is what caused their downfall.

I think I used to buy NES carts from them years ago @ $3 off for every 3 carts. Their prices used to fluctuate heavily based on (i think) how many dupes of each game they had. 

This stinks. I know JJ can be expensive like any other game shop but they also sell through PriceCharting and I've found good deals from them on there. Also, I'm pretty sure JJ has been the buyer of some of my lots that I've sold on eBay. Maybe they overpaid for my stuff but I didn't mind. 

I'm glad to hear PriceCharting will survive, that place needs work. The marketplace on there is great too. 

You guys focusing on prices are seeing what's left. Their supposed "clearance" has been underwhelming, but I know at least one person who ordered 100s of games in one final order (possibly @VGCollectaholic but I won't name names). Their algorithm always had wacky overpriced outliers especially for popular stuff in good shape.

• Like 1