IGNORED

What "Everdrive" sort of deal should I get next? I'm especially interested in MAME loaded Xbox (how do I set it up?)

Estil

6 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

The Mega EverDrive Pro is already out, and it's great! I own one, wholly recommended.

Well on SAG it says it's only for pre-orders...and I'm already close to a $100 off voucher I wonder I should hold out for a 2x tickets day or something?

2 hours ago, Estil said:

Well on SAG it says it's only for pre-orders...and I'm already close to a $100 off voucher I wonder I should hold out for a 2x tickets day or something?

The official EverDrive store has them of course: https://everdrive.me/cartridges/

But it might be worth comparing shipping from SAG to EverDrive.me, and your 100 dollar voucher is a grat sweetener!
The cases from SAG are also superb, so I definitely get why you're holding out. 🙂

Just wanted to point out that the product actually has been officially released for a while, since your posts made it seem like it's not out yet.

That SSS3 thing for the PCE/TG is typically out of stock so trolls go premium on it.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but unless you have a HUGE amount of free time and are willing to put some actual real effort into it, you're better off just sticking to the everdrive.  Getting the ISOs for the TG isn't always that easy and some have been around so long the files are less than friendly and may required using some tools to massage a bit to work on that device.  There's just weird format issues, but tools are there, yet also ever since some sites went offline with that fear wave a year ago, finding games can be a real pain unless you're using a VPN and like playing with torrents (don't do it without you'll get nailed by your ISP most likely for TOS violation.)  Even yet, there are a couple excellent emulators for PC etc that can run those discs burned, iso, or legit just fine and they're free.

I'd stick to the everdrive, you'll have over 300 things to do and quite a few translations exist as well so some real doors open up for plenty of hours of play.  I've gone back to just using the CG2 and Everdrive(and my hucards I do have) at this rate.  I kept 3 discs, but i own Magic Engine for PC so I can keep doing Ys 1+2, Dracula X, and Gradius II just fine and it loads fast so waiting is tiny compared to the real hardware as a nice bonus.

Stone Age Gamer is taking pre-orders on the next batch of Super SD System 3 which is  supposed to ship in October.  I'm a huge fan of the Turbo Everdrive.  It was the first ever flash cart that I bought.  But limiting yourself to only the Hu card library is a major limitation.  If you are willing to go with emulation for the disc based games, you might as well go with emulation for the entire TG16/PCE library and save yourself the cost of the hardware and flash cart.  To be perfectly honest, if I didn't already own the hardware, that's what I would do at this point.  

• The title was changed to What "Everdrive" sort of deal should I get next? I'm especially interested in MAME loaded Xbox (how do I set it up?)
On 8/25/2020 at 9:52 PM, Estil said:

So I finally got my special PSIO/"Everdrive" Playstation...where should I go next?  Besides the upcoming Krizz Sega CD/Genesis one.

Just mod a dang 3DS and have access to the full library of games. The only disadvantage would be that the 3DS can only hold 300-400  "tiles" but that is basically the entire library of 3DS games. 

Here is a basically current gen system with relevant titles that you're dismissing. Imagine playing games like Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Samus Returns, Xenoblade Chronical 3D, all FOR FREE on the palm of your hand. For 45 minutes of reading directions and the cost of an SD card. Anyone who passes this over while it's hot is bonkers 

io4FbXU.gif.4e93948bc5bef0744b25214abe43fd8e.gif

5 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Here is a basically current gen system with relevant titles that you're dismissing.

When did I ever "dismiss" any of the "relevant titles"?  And just for clarification the reason I still don't have a Mega Everdrive Pro is because I don't yet have two c-notes I can spare for it.  I promise it's not because I'm waiting for Nintendo to make one! 😄 

And YES I have seen the games. 😄 

I got the Mega Everdrive Pro a few weeks ago and its nice to play Sega Cd games on it when I travel with my Genesis and I recommend it. I ordered it from Ukraine where they make it and it took weeks for their mail to ship it to the US due to the Coronavirus I think so let this be a warning for people wanting one now.

My next Everdrive will be the N64. I have most of the US library beside Worms and Clayfigters SC but the cool thing I want to do is play is the 64DD stuff and those modded/hacked games, especially the WWF/WCW Aki games

6 hours ago, asmikace said:

I got the Mega Everdrive Pro a few weeks ago and its nice to play Sega Cd games on it when I travel with my Genesis and I recommend it. I ordered it from Ukraine where they make it and it took weeks for their mail to ship it to the US due to the Coronavirus I think so let this be a warning for people wanting one now.

My next Everdrive will be the N64. I have most of the US library beside Worms and Clayfigters SC but the cool thing I want to do is play is the 64DD stuff and those modded/hacked games, especially the WWF/WCW Aki games

I'm pretty sure this was The Artist Formerly Known As The Ultra Everdrive 64 right?  That's the one I have.

https://stoneagegamer.com/everdrive64-x7-base-gray.html

Yeah, even humble aww shucks Gomer Pyle will say, with all that money these cost you better get the best!

So at long last I was finally able to pre-order a Mega Everdrive Pro from SAG, and this will put me over the top in getting a $100 voucher/discount off my next order! 🙂 I just hope I'm not too far in back of the line for it...  😞 

Edited by Estil