IGNORED

To My Biggest Fan

DarkTone

Events Team · Posted

My bro and I like to collect autographed hockey cards, but we want them pulled out of packs and not signed on request, but for one exception.

My hairdresser (in the sense she cuts my hair, you know) is the daughter in law of Gilbert Perreault, which figures in the top 100 list of greatest NHL players. So, near Christmas in 2017, we pull an autographed card of Gilbert Perreault, and I'm like 'let's get this card in the hands of Gilbert another time to scribble something more on it'. I knew my hairdresser would see him for the holidays, so I asked her to give it to him and see that he adds something on it. I knew from her that he was usually adding HoF (Hall of Famer) along his name when signing stuff on his own (not for sports card companies), so it was the goal.

Apparently, he was sort of confused when he saw the card was already signed, and was going to just give it back as is. He also said something like 'this card is worthless, it isn't a vintage card', which is quite funny. Finally, she succeeded at making him add 'HoF' on it and I got it back updated. I still find it very funny that this cause an unnecessary awkward moment to him, who the hell ask to 'update' a signature after all.

• Like 2

Since you asked for stories as well, my favorite one is James Best (Rosco P. Coltrane from Dukes of Hazzard).

I had bought a 1:24 scale General Lee from John Schneider on ebay a while back, and he had signed the trunk for some odd reason.    So when I asked James Best to sign it, I wanted him to sign it on the hood.   He said "you'd like me to sign the hood?" and was taking a good look at it.   Then the best line ever- "you know, I never did get to see the front of this thing".

I also have a story involving having five autographs on a 45 from Quiet Riot, which only has 4 members.   But that one is much longer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 2:34 AM, 8-bit guerilla said:

Well wait, what about you? Do you have anything you’d like to share to kick this off?

I have 2 so far. I have dj slip mats signed by DJ Qbert. Saw him at a DMC tournament. The other is an uncharted 4 book. Signed by. Both Nolan North and Troy Baker. Met them at a comic con. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:53 AM, AstralSoul13 said:

Never met anyone famous, never got a signature by anyone. 😕

I spilled coffee on the dad from Orange County choppers once as a bus boy. He wasn’t awesome about it. All I remember is he was such a dick I didn’t feel bad anymore when it was over. That’s my closest thing to meeting a celebrity I think. Underground circuit musicians maybe but that’s different.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:52 AM, Archon 1981 said:

I've been a signature hound for a number of years.
My favorite non-game thing I have signed is... my arm. I have the autograph of every actor to have ever played the Doctor on Doctor Who tattooed into my arm.

Do72Ip7UwAEtkkg.thumb.jpg.8780742904120f80cdcc43f384894099.jpg

That's really cool but you know very well you don't have every actor to play the doctor signed on there 😛 . I'm pretty sure Hartnell would have been dead before you where born guessing your general age in the photos. I don't see Troughton or Pertwee on there either. Amazing you got Tom Baker to sign your arm like that. I was curious if he would be up for something like that.

Nothing gaming related, but I was able to get Rusty Wallace's signature along with both of his brothers and Ken Shrader while they were in St. Louis during Rusty's retirement year (2005).  That was a pretty cool day watching them race at the speedway at Gateway during the day, and then watching them race at the local dirt track in my hometown later that evening.    

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, Archon 1981 said:

I've been a signature hound for a number of years.
My favorite non-game thing I have signed is... my arm. I have the autograph of every actor to have ever played the Doctor on Doctor Who tattooed into my arm.

My favorite game thing I have signed? Jesus... uh... Probably my dated Miyamoto signature

Which one is Malcolm?

I bought my copy of Groo the Wanderer #1 (Pacific) at the comic book store and didn’t know until I got home that it was signed, with a sketch, by Sergio Aragones. It’s barely worth more now than I paid 25 some-odd years ago ($40) but still special to me. 

I recently went to My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult concert and caught Groovie Mann at the merch table. I got him to sign Hit & Run Holiday while I drunkenly blabbered about why it’s my favorite album. I wanted to have Buzz sign it too but he wasn’t there at the moment.

11 hours ago, Shawn said:

That's really cool but you know very well you don't have every actor to play the doctor signed on there 😛 . I'm pretty sure Hartnell would have been dead before you where born guessing your general age in the photos. I don't see Troughton or Pertwee on there either. Amazing you got Tom Baker to sign your arm like that. I was curious if he would be up for something like that.

*Every living actor

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archon 1981 said:

*Every living actor

Where you able to get John Hurt before he died? I can't tell if one of the photo's is of you with him or not. That is amazing you have been able to get all of those doctors to sign your arm like that. I'm a big fan of tattoo body art as well.

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Where you able to get John Hurt before he died? I can't tell if one of the photo's is of you with him or not. That is amazing you have been able to get all of those doctors to sign your arm like that. I'm a big fan of tattoo body art as well.

Yes. Just to the left of Jodie Whittaker. I flew to London just after he announced he "beat" pancreatic cancer. It was a smart bet. He did one more appearance after that before he died.

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, Shawn said:

There were a number of other actors that played incarnations of the Doctor in like one or two episodes over the years. If he had all of them, his collage would have twice as many people. 😛

Heck, Peter Cushing was even the Doctor for two of the movies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, Tulpa said:

There were a number of other actors that played incarnations of the Doctor in like one or two episodes over the years. If he had all of them, his collage would have twice as many people. 😛

Heck, Peter Cushing was even the Doctor for two of the movies.

I know. Grand Moff Tarkin as the Doctor really is loopy! 🙂  Not really too many other actors played the Doctor in an official capacity though. You might count the voice actor that was the first 9th doctor from the Anniversary animated special but I can't really think of any others off hand who would be cannon. There is the new "Ruth" Doctor now but it's yet to be seen how that will play out and explain itself this season.

• 2 months later...