IGNORED

Music Debate 45: Blondie

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

23 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Fun fact- I used to have a platinum album of Autoamerican (Sal somebody's?)   I wanted to get a platinum Parallel Lines but gave up on finding it after a year or so.   Sold mine, then a few weeks later Parallel Lines showed up on ebay, with the same Sal recipient!

EDIT:  Found the Sal somebody!    Sal Licata  https://apnews.com/a8fe18232a5a97675af34a03b01e4f75

Wow that's neat. I've never fully understood gold records and such. How many are made for an album that goes gold or platinum? I've seen those framed RIAA ones. What are they worth?

A few years back, I saw a legit framed gold record for "Disco Duck" at an antique store. It was so stupid and I almost regret not getting it for the novelty. lol

20150517_063220_IMG_5792.JPG

8 hours ago, acromite53 said:

Wow that's neat. I've never fully understood gold records and such. How many are made for an album that goes gold or platinum? I've seen those framed RIAA ones. What are they worth?

A few years back, I saw a legit framed gold record for "Disco Duck" at an antique store. It was so stupid and I almost regret not getting it for the novelty. lol

20150517_063220_IMG_5792.JPG

Yep, it was an RIAA one.   They make a whole bunch apparently.

I had mine in the early 2000s, paid $400 for it, sold it for $500ish a few years later if I recall?    No clue what they go for now.