IGNORED

Announcing DATABASES! Retro Video Game Stores!

Gloves

ninji@pwn$ mysql -u root --host db.videogamesage.com

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 4
Server version: 5.7.13 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql>

Just kiddin' Kyle. But I didn't actually try it, so I hope you have a password set 😄

Edited by ninjistar

9 minutes ago, Splain said:

Turns out one of the places I was about to put in has closed its doors. Any benefit to entering it and indicating that it's closed? Or is that more for future edits to existing store entries?

I believe it serves a purpose, but it is up to the community if they wish to add a closed store. Kind of like seeing a Blockbuster sign in a mall. Someone browsing the list and seeing the store name might remind them of the good times when they used to go. Also, the "Open" and "closed" do have color indicators. 

Administrator · Posted

I figured out the problem w/ the DB search showing blank - I had to provide "Language" values on the back end. I've updated it, and it's clear now that it's just the "Stores" database. So if you want to filter them out of your activity feeds feel free, it won't negatively impact any other future DBs. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted

I'm certainly not opposed to giving people the option to put business hours.  But like other aggregating services, sometimes that can backfire as hours change.  Whereas if you have a direct link from here to the website or facebook page, you can almost get accurate and up-to-date hours from the source.

Administrator · Posted

Yeah my concern with hours is that they can change fairly often. Also the goal here isn't so much to be the one stop shop for every bit of info per store (whereas it would be for, say, games), rather a quick list you can peruse if you're looking for game stores in a city. 

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Bubbapauls said:

@spacepup

@Gloves

I see your point about the business hours.  

There was a few stores I was seeing that had Facebook and their own website being used and thought it would be nice to have a spot for both.  Facebook seemed more reliable than google business listings at times.

I had considered adding a spot for social media links. So yeah if it's something you guys want I can add it. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I had considered adding a spot for social media links. So yeah if it's something you guys want I can add it. 

I fully expect no less than the following to be added with their own dedicated fields for each store:
facebook twitter twitch linkedin foursquare youtube flickr tumblr vimeo myspace instagram google+ skype viber disqus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1