IGNORED

I try not to be this way but... kids these days. Kids are affraid of their FAFSA paperwork because it will sign them up for Selective Services

RH

5 minutes ago, Boosted52405 said:

Yup that's what BB guns are for 😉

Nah, my brother and I used a bow and arrow.  Again, no joke.

We'd shoot the arrows up and at an arc toward each other and practice catching them in mid-air, before they hit the ground.

Dumb. A. F.

To be clear, if my parents knew we were doing that, we would have lost our bow and arrow privileges, which is a bit ironic.  We had complete respect and appropriately used firearms but we were stupid with bows and arrows... so they were more dangerous in our hands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Estil said:

Remember how the Duke boys had to use bows and arrows because with their probation they couldn't have guns?  I think one villain even screamed that they were being attacked by Indians! 😄

I memba!  Big Dukes fan here and recently watched the entire series (again).

Yours truly in the General Lee!

pnFvgxp.jpg

Was that a General Lee used on the show or one someone created from a '69 Charger?  You know with all these reboots/sequels out there why not make a Dukes of Hazzard: The Next Generation with Aunt Daisy as the Duke family's matriarch?  Perhaps with an '09 Charger done like the General Lee...and if they really have such a huge problem with the flag on top just use the classic "Stars and Bars" flag from 1861 (first real Confederate flag) on the roof.  Not sure who to use as the rest of the cast (remember Uncle Jesse, Boss Hogg, Lulu Hogg, Rosco are all sadly dead and this is a "Next Generation" sort of deal)...perhaps a boy and girl duo as the main two?  Not sure what the names could be that would sort of resemble the Bo and Luke ones.  In addition to Bo and Luke making occasional cameos perhaps Ben Jones (Cooter) could be a Senator or Governor of Georgia by this point (remember he was a real life two term Congressman and appeared as such in one of the reunion movies)?

Events Team · Posted

Nah it was just a fan restoration. Not even sure if it was a '69.  Felt pretty great though.  They had a KITT there too but you couldn't sit in it.

Though I did get to sit in an original KITT back in '85 at Universal Studios.  Got to talk to him too.  It was amazing. 

Interesting how the voice of KITT (1982 Pontiac Trans Am for those who are wondering) would later go on to be the principal in Boy Meets World!  So since you got to see the inside of one for yourself, tell us how you think this futuristic interior/dashboard (remember it was called Knight Industries 2000...2000 is the future!!!) compares to today's automobile consoles/dashboards?

Events Team · Posted

The KITT dashboard was pretty incredible no doubt.  From a modern design perspective it's probably a little too overwhelming. The dash is very large, almost intruding into space of the car as it kind of wraps around the front to properly display to the driver.  I can't think of anything that it might have predicted, although KITT had a couple monitors, and display touchscreens are almost a standard feature in modern cars.  Still waiting on my Turbo Boost button...