IGNORED

New Arcade1up leaks from CES 2020

trj22487

I did see that they promised the controls on the arcade machines are weighted in a way that you will feel as though you are hitting a real ball

And apparently NBA Jam/Tournament/Hangtime has already been confirmed on Twitter to have original rosters!
What will remain to be seen is if they are the early revisions or the later revisions.

Edited by trj22487
  • Like 1

Arcade1Up is also planning a Star Wars pinball 3/4th replica, as leaked on the pinside forums:

Here it is! Arcade 1UP's first attempt into the virtual pinball world.
ZEN Studio, Bally Williams.
Had color DMD!!
WIFI enabled.
built in solenoid's for haptic feedback.
Built in accelerometer for real nudge and tilt feature.
backlight backglass with interchangeable artwork.
7" color LCD DMD. dual speakers with metal speaker grill.
24" high def LCD playfield. Legs have adjustable feet.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-

6 hours ago, trj22487 said:

Also the X-Men vs Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom cabinet, and there seems to be a Konami cabinet with yellow trim under one of those curtains....

That photo of units under curtains is almost two years old. Those were WIP prototypes, as evidenced by the cabinet at the end with Altered Beast and Streets of Rage titles. SoR is no longer on the Sega cabinet.

Edit: That Big Buck Hunter is going to sell huge, both to the "I want a Golden Tee/Hunter in my home man cave" crowd as well as to modders depending on the internals of those guns & pcb. 

I'm pretty stoked about an Marvel vs Capcom & Golden Axe cabinet, Golden Axe is one of my all time favorite arcade games.

Edited by Teh_Lurv

12 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Can you buy these in store somewhere? It looks like you can order them off the website, but I'm guessing the shipping costs would be a fortune. 

They are flat-packed, so shipping isn't as crazy as you might expect.

Some of them seem to end up at WalMart on the shelf, others are either exclusive to other retailers or have to be ordered via Walmart or Target's website for either delivery or in-store pickup.

The "sweet spot" is finding them on clearance at Walmart from time to time.

28 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

They are flat-packed, so shipping isn't as crazy as you might expect.

Some of them seem to end up at WalMart on the shelf, others are either exclusive to other retailers or have to be ordered via Walmart or Target's website for either delivery or in-store pickup.

The "sweet spot" is finding them on clearance at Walmart from time to time.

There's a Wal-Mart about 20 minutes from me. How heavy are they? I'm guessing you would need a pickup truck to bring it back. I can't see them fitting in a car trunk. 

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There's a Wal-Mart about 20 minutes from me. How heavy are they? I'm guessing you would need a pickup truck to bring it back. I can't see them fitting in a car trunk. 

They should fit into the trunk of any midsize car no problem, and probably some compact cars as well if the rear seat can fold down.  They are not too heavy.  I loaded mine myself, but some people may need help with it simply because it's somewhat bulky.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I fit these in the back of my Nissan Versa. Even TMNT fit in my backseat. You don't need a truck. If they come with the riser inside the box, it's pretty damn heavy.
I lifted TMNT up to my 2nd story apartment by myself and I felt like Wilt Chamberlain on his deathbed once I reached the top.

Edited by trj22487
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

They should fit into the trunk of any midsize car no problem, and probably some compact cars as well if the rear seat can fold down.  They are not too heavy.  I loaded mine myself, but some people may need help with it simply because it's somewhat bulky.  

I guess I will have to check into it. The electronics section is pretty sparse, so I don't know if they have these, but it's worth a look. I wanted one of those Namco Pac-Man/Galaga anniversary machines a few years back but the shipping alone was a fortune.

Retro Ralph did a livestream of the CES booth today.
Just incredible stuff. Awesome look at the pinball tables and the new cabinets. Love seeing the Online Play button right on the control panel of NBA Jam, I'm pretty sure it is free-netplay!
I'm actually a little disapointed with the Golden Axe that the did go with the cabinet for the original game, but at least it is in fact 4 player, and you can see it does run the first game too.
Also a "surprise" that I've been expecting for a while, they are re-releasing the Wave 1 cabinets with the quality/features we are now seeing in Wave 3/4. Looks like Street Fighter II is coming back with a lit marquee, lit Sanwa buttons, the new BOE screen and stereo speakers. Really glad I waited on that one.
Also looks like Burgertime is an online only and won't be appearing in stores?
Also our first really good look at the upcoming Frogger

Edited by trj22487

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was able to fit one into the trunk of my Camry with the back seats folded down. The boxes are about 60-70lbs. I was able to lift and load mine by myself was awkard but doable.

I remember when street fighter was on sale for $250 WITH riser.  Supposedly you can hack that one and use it as a mame machine.

Some one get my hopes up.  Do you think the community will eventually show us how to rig the arcade1up pinball to use it as a visual pinball machine?  That is my hope!!