IGNORED

New Arcade1up leaks from CES 2020

trj22487

3 minutes ago, RH said:

Wait, they have "light gun" games?

Not before this. 

There are still light gun games in arcades being made. I'm pretty sure they have the quality of PS3 move controllers. Meaning there has to be a crosshair on screen at all times for you to know where the IR sensors or whatever are tracking. But I could be wrong about this. 

Knowing what Arcade1Up can do, this will be about as good as a Wiimote. 

They must be doing well enough if they are still cranking out new products and expanding their product line. I just wonder if they will hit a point where the target market runs out of space for new machines and stops buying. People only have so much room!

The video pinball is an interesting one. Also that sit down Star Wars unit. That one would sell very well. 

These still feel like cheap goofy devices though. Not big enough to be a cabinet, not comfortable to play and the controls are too cheap for the games beyond casual messing around. 

5 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

cheap goofy devices though. Not big enough to be a cabinet, not comfortable to play and the controls are too cheap for the games beyond casual messing around. 

That's BS once you get past the first wave of cabs they released. I can pull off any fatality/friendship/babality on any of the Mortal Kombat's at will
This photo also shows a brand new 40th anniversary Pac-Man with 6 games and an angled screen that not a lot of people seem to be picking up on.
Also the X-Men vs Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom cabinet, and there seems to be a Konami cabinet with yellow trim under one of those curtains....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trj22487 said:

That's BS once you get past the first wave of cabs they released. I can pull off any fatality/friendship/babality on any of the Mortal Kombat's at will
This photo also shows a brand new 40th anniversary Pac-Man with 6 games and an angled screen that not a lot of people seem to be picking up on.
Also the X-Men vs Street Fighter/Marvel vs Capcom cabinet, and there seems to be a Konami cabinet with yellow trim under one of those curtains....

That MK Cabinet is a thing of beauty. Some clever Etsy stores have made some impressive displays for it listing all moves. 

Just now, elprincipe said:

Wow awesome news! NBA Hangtime is a must buy, as is Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder...my favorite and another among my favorite arcade games. Can't wait to see more info about them!

Yes, I am waiting with baited breath to see what the rosters in these NBA games will be

• Like 1

Just now, trj22487 said:

Yes, I am waiting with bated breath to see what the rosters in these NBA games will be

It'll be interesting to see what they do. I'm assuming they keep the original rosters. That included Shaquille O'Neal in NBA Jam, but not in Hangtime. Michael Jordan was excluded due to some licensing thing or whatever. Hoping they won't have trouble on this front. Of course, if they really wanted to knock it out of the park they could include more players including modern-day players, but I don't think that is likely.

Just now, elprincipe said:

So is Wrestle Wars (on the Sega cabinet) 4-player? I guess probably. Wish they would include more 4-player games on it though, since Revenge of Death Adder is 4-player so they will certainly need to make a 4-player cabinet...right? I hope they aren't cheaping out and doing a 2-player only version.

Wrestle War is a 2 player game I believe. I grew up playing it on the Dreamcast (Sega Smash Pack)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trj22487 said:

Wrestle War is a 2 player game I believe. I grew up playing it on the Dreamcast (Sega Smash Pack)

I'm going to be very disappointed if they don't do a 4-player cabinet. I have the TMNT cabinet and it's pretty awesome, so hoping they've continued to improve their quality with the NBA Jam and Sega ones. The NBA Jam one looks to have a light-up marquee, which is certainly one of the things I wish were a little better about the TMNT cabinet along with a bigger screen and a bit wider control panel.