IGNORED

Most expensive game you’ve completed on original hardware

GPX

As per title, what game have you spent the most money on AND actually playing it all the way through to completion?

In recent years, I’ve owned and playtested a lot of the rare and expensive games, but would never play them anymore than 5 minutes for the mint/expensive titles. 

My game for this topic would have to be Street Fighter 2 bought when it was first released in 92, at the outlandish price of $130 AUD. Extremely expensive for its time but probably money well spent!

I rarely finish games today, and I rarely finished them as a kid.  I earned multiple games worth more than this one, but it's honestly probably Twisted Metal 1.

I played a lot of RPGs but rarely finished them.  Final Fantasy VII, IX, Tactics, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Legend of Legaia, Breath of Fire III... yup, I played all of those but only finished a few of them.

Edited by RH

30 minutes ago, jonebone said:

SNES MACS + Rifle combo.  Made sure to give it a playthrough and "beat" it.  Though full honesty I beat it on a larger TV and less than 7 feet away despite the military specifications being a 13" TV at 7' distance. 

Aren’t there multiple MACS “games”?

I guess Tetris The Grand Master 2 Plus.
Fortunately I bought it while it was "low", but the prices it is going for now are so absurd you'd think it were a rare AES game. It eats Cave PCBs for breakfast.

If only console games count, I guess maybe Adventure Island IV, Recca, Mr. Gimmick? I'm really not sure which one is more expensive.

23 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I guess Tetris The Grand Master 2 Plus.
Fortunately I bought it while it was "low", but the prices it is going for now are so absurd you'd think it were a rare AES game. It eats Cave PCBs for breakfast.

You have a TGM2 board? That's dope, I'm jealous of that. What do they go for now?

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

NWC gray cart. I wanted to test it so I figured I might as well play it a few times. My personal best was around 3.1 million points by the time I sold it.

How does that score compare to the current high score for the NWC carts?