IGNORED

What was the rarest/most valuable game you owned as a kid?

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You want rare Tiger to come across, look for Symphony of the Night, people online love to go heavy on the price with that one as it is a tricky one to come across.  Tiger was pretty ballsy thinking they could capture a game like that on a segmented LCD.

I can't believe that exists and now I want it so I can play it once and then immediately decide it sucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I didn't have anything that is now crazy rare/expensive like Little Samson or Hagane, but I did have a few that are now decently pricey.

The games I had that were retail purchases: Mega Man 5, R.C. Pro-am II, Mega Man 7, Mega Man Soccer.

Games I had that I picked up used at Funcoland back in the mid-to-late 90s: Snow Brothers, Contra Force, Ninja Gaiden III.

I still have all my games from back in the day. I'm grateful that my parents never felt the urge to sell them in a garage sale or make me get rid of them.

I guess the most expensive game I had back when new was Earthbound or Conker’s Bad Fur Day. I had bought both of them when they were on the bargain shelf at Toys R Us. They were $15 or so. Never liked Earthbound I gave it to my cousin, and Conker was stollen along with most of my collection a few years back.

Also had Mega Man 4, 5, and 6 CIB that I got at a pawnshop way back in the late 90 for $5 apiece. That was back when pawn shops had loose NES 5 for $10 and SNES/Genesis 5 for $20. 

My brother would trade NES games back in the day and somehow we ended up with chubby cherub.  I hated that game.  I'm pretty sure we didn't get our trades back because the "friend"  we traded with moved.  That game was like hot potato that nobody wanted.  😜

My Dad made us keep all of our toys and games with their boxes, so I started off with some really cool stuff like Mega Man 1-5, Contra, Super C, Castlevania 1-3, and more CIB. The boxes are pretty beat up but they will never be upgraded or replaced. I also have 2 Dark Tower board games fully complete (Dad bought one, and Uncle sold me his).

I had a copy of Tron Bonne I bought new when I was a kid waiting for Megaman Legends 2. I am still an active fan of all things MML.  I probably had alot of crazy stuff as a kid in todays $$$$ standards but Tron Bonne still holds a special place in my heart xD

Edited by OtraOtaku