IGNORED

Trying to Find Out if this GBA Game Exists

BirdDogGaming

spacer.png

spacer.png

I got this one recently in a trade with @jonebone. The carts that were in it are:

The Powerpuff Girls: Mojo Jojo A-Go-Go - AGB-APTE-USA-1
Dexter's Laboratory: Deesaster Strikes! - AGB-ADLE-USA

I'm unsure if these are the actual original contents... they could possibly be, or they could be a mismatch. The Dexter's Lab cart had some sharpie of a kid's name ("Roy", lol) on the label when I got it which I wiped off and thankfully it mostly came off okay, which lends that it could possibly be a mismatch that was added later if the original cart was missing. However, I could also easily see BAM Entertainment just mixing and matching carts without too much rhyme or reason like to get rid of them. I know that both -1 and non -1 carts do exist of both of these games.

Edited by nick
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Here's my "4 Great Games!" pack which I got from @Retrobuyandsell. I opened this one from factory sealed (it had some bends and dents on the box which gave me an opportunity to make it overall look nicer), so can confirm 100% these are the original contents.

spacer.png

spacer.png

^ Here are my 2 "6 Great Games!" packs which I got recently in a trade with @coffeewithmrsaturn. The 2nd one is factory sealed and I'm not going to open it.

If anyone wants me to check anything specific on these please let me know!

Nick

Edited by nick
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
It's weird where we collectors place our focus. Regrding GBA existence, I have yet to see a NA cart for Downforce and have always wondered whether the NA release was cancelled. I'm sure there are others like me who came across the cover artist's page with pics of the official NA box and wondered the same.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, O.G. CIB said:

No, since it’s a combo only the box is rare. The rarest is probably the Nick 4 pack Vol 2

Ah, I didn't catch that the combo was two carts.  I assumed it was two games on one, but then that makes sense.

9 hours ago, BirdDogGaming said:

That guy actually reached out to me after posting this a while back. 7 known copies now

I thought the interesting bit was in regards to what he said about the carts:

"It does not, but I think it has the fixed Powerpuff Girls one, AGB-APTE-USA-1, which the Dexters lab game has AGB-ADLE-USA. I wonder if they just threw in random copies?"

Which matches the post from Nick above. Two CIBs with the same carts found in them gives me enough information as to what carts to chase for it.

Edited by Nesmaster
  • Like 1