IGNORED

Music Debate 44: Gojira (and pick next week's artist)

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

21 members have voted

1. 1. See score explanations down below

33 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

I see we have similar taste in amps and tones. I don't like those Ultra Gain ridiculous tones either, or even that style of music for the most part. I'm always shooting for Justice/Puppets style, thus the Quad. Got it for $350 back in 2012 and love it. Sadly I gotta send it out to Mesa for a little love as it's doing this odd thing where the volume and low end fluctuates intermittently while playing and after opening it and testing some components I decided I didn't want to spend like 2 straight months trying to reverse engineer that complex beast. She shall chug again though. Which of your vintage Mesas do you like best? I personally love 2C+s but I feel like the 3 is really slept on.

Agree with the 3. I own a factory IIC++  but the III blue stripe gets more play. The III has a bit sharper attack than the II, tone is pretty close between them. To actually get that dry Justice tone you need the II or Quad, the III just doesn't quite get there, but only noticeable in the room. I couldn’t tell a difference after not labeling my recordings. I run all my amps through a Silver Jubilee cab with G12-65(it took forever to find these speakers). Most of the cabs I looked at had 75s or V30. 

• Thanks 1