IGNORED

Beat every N64 Game - 2020 - 153/303

Splain

Donald Duck: Goin' Qu@ckers! is done!! 

Not a bad game at all. Really easy and short, but I enjoyed like I do other casual platformers like Kirby and Yoshi! The time trials at the later stages can actually be quite challenging as well. Speaking of which, I made sure to do them so I could see Donald kick Merlock's ass in his jammies! 😛

20200118_010044.jpg

20200118_010050.jpg

20200118_010058.jpg

• Like 5

@KokiriChild Yeah, Donald Duck is a pretty good game for sure! Nice mix of 3D and 2D levels, and yeah the time trials really add a lot to the game imo. Definitely on the "underappreciated" list, for sure.

Edit: You should also check out Tigger's Honey Hunt and Tarzan for another couple of solid Disney platformers on the system.

Don't be put off by the "kids game" style of Honey Hunt, it's a really nice experience with good controls and level design and nice polish. Yeah it's short and easy, but it also has time trials that can be tough, and there are collectables to find to make it more engaging for adult players.

Edited by OptOut
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

@KokiriChild Yeah, Donald Duck is a pretty good game for sure! Nice mix of 3D and 2D levels, and yeah the time trials really add a lot to the game imo. Definitely on the "underappreciated" list, for sure.

Edit: You should also check out Tigger's Honey Hunt and Tarzan for another couple of solid Disney platformers on the system.

Don't be put off by the "kids game" style of Honey Hunt, it's a really nice experience with good controls and level design and nice polish. Yeah it's short and easy, but it also has time trials that can be tough, and there are collectables to find to make it more engaging for adult players.

Good to know! I'll try my hand - I have both those games but haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

• Like 1

@Gloves I am giving up on Glover if you want to take it. Its not worth the frustration. 

I am almost done with Star Wars Ep. 1 Racer and I will also be tackling Tarzan and Tiger's Honey Hunt later today. 

@Splain could we get the front page updated when you get a chance? I don't wanna accidentally double up my efforts.

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, KokiriChild said:

@Gloves I am giving up on Glover if you want to take it. Its not worth the frustration. 

I am almost done with Star Wars Ep. 1 Racer and I will also be tackling Tarzan and Tiger's Honey Hunt later today. 

@Splain could we get the front page updated when you get a chance? I don't wanna accidentally double up my efforts.

OK, I'll do it sometime soonish, unless someone else decides they want to suffer. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I remember getting Glover for Christmas...man, I hated that game...

My stepdad would sit and play games with us. Sounds lovely right? Except that he'd get frustrated and take the controller away if we didn't play perfectly. It really sucked on collectathon games like Glover or DK64 cuz if we didn't pick up every collectible and 100% every game he'd be all pissy about it. Made playing games hell. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

is Glover that bad?  I don't own it but I can buy it later if u really don't wanna play it gloves.  I would be willing to try.

It's pretty bad, though I've played it enough that it's quite easy for me. I can knock it out in a day. If you WANT to play it go for it, I'll leave it be. 

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

My stepdad would sit and play games with us. Sounds lovely right? Except that he'd get frustrated and take the controller away if we didn't play perfectly. It really sucked on collectathon games like Glover or DK64 cuz if we didn't pick up every collectible and 100% every game he'd be all pissy about it. Made playing games 

I can understand why it sucked for you. 100%ing is taxing enough as it is without that. I play that way but I'm typically pretty loosey goosey with the kids. My goal is always to ensure the kids enjoy it even when I'm not so they'll put up with me when they are older and better than me.

Edited by Nugfish
Clarified message

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 24/303
20 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Tigger's Honey Hunt. It's just a remarkably pleasant game to play -- very aesthetically pleasing and sweet-natured. (The minigames are terrible, though.)

Yeah true, they're pretty bad. Mostly just random guessing, lol! Oh well, at least there aren't that many and they don't detract from the main experience too much.

Honestly, my biggest problem with Honey Hunt is simply I wish they had voiced cut-scenes rather than just text. Would have been great to hear the original voice actors reprise their roles for the game. But then again, that's more like wishful thinking than an actual criticism of the game.

14 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I got the afore mentioned games to work on but would buy it in a month or so or before if I finish off some more.  thinking bout buying buck bumble.  any good or bad reviews on that?  also finally bought a controller pack to help and not write down codes 😂

Buck Bumble is a pretty average game. It's a 3D flight combat shooter, with all the pros and cons that genre entails. The level designs are decent and it's definitely a fun game. There are plenty of different enemy types and some good imaginative aspects to the story and the environments. The weapons are pretty good too.

However, 3D shooters commonly suffer from two big problems, namely camera/control issues and targeting issues. Buck Bumble isn't ESPECIALLY terrible in these regards, but it's not exactly great either.

So I would recommend buying it and trying it out, it's not an expensive game. I enjoyed playing through it myself, but don't feel the desire to go back, so make of that what you will.

Oh, and one more thing... The title screen music is worth the price of entry alone! 😆