IGNORED

Shin Megami Tensei V and III Remaster

Reed Rothchild

• 10 months later...

Since this topic popped back up and after the time it arrived I actually got SMT4 back in my hands for 3DS and have yet to return to it.  Is SMT3 quite alike or kind of a step back, and is 5 all that much more advanced?  I'm thinking one might be worth snapping up eventually to play.

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Since this topic popped back up and after the time it arrived I actually got SMT4 back in my hands for 3DS and have yet to return to it.  Is SMT3 quite alike or kind of a step back, and is 5 all that much more advanced?  I'm thinking one might be worth snapping up eventually to play.

4 is a great starting point imo

Though even the beginning can be tough.  These games don't mess around.

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

4 is a great starting point imo

Though even the beginning can be tough.  These games don't mess around.

I remember it being a bit of a trick, but while I'm not sure how far I got in the end I know I got probably 1/2 or better just going by the packed in strategy guide that came with the boxed up version of the game.  I didn't find it that bad strange yeah, but I was slightly used to it because I had messed with SMT slightly before with Revelations the Demon Slayer on GBC (Last Bible) which is SMT or some side story of it using the same monster/recruitment/merging mechanics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm curious to see how this goes, both with the game...and shipping bungling.  I've been considering bringing up dropping amazon for their prime services.  They already give now free shipping at a fairly lower price point anyway, even if it is a little slower, is that really worth like $130~ year or whatever it's up to?  Doubtful, as their music and video selection fairly well sucks as it's just corporate after thought pad to sell memberships.  I would drop them, but not only my call.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm curious to see how this goes, both with the game...and shipping bungling.  I've been considering bringing up dropping amazon for their prime services.  They already give now free shipping at a fairly lower price point anyway, even if it is a little slower, is that really worth like $130~ year or whatever it's up to?  Doubtful, as their music and video selection fairly well sucks as it's just corporate after thought pad to sell memberships.  I would drop them, but not only my call.

Wow Amazon Prime is super expensive in the US. I wouldn’t get it at that price, it is only $44usd here.

I just care about the free shipping and none of the movies and music so it pays for itself at $44.

5 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Wow Amazon Prime is super expensive in the US. I wouldn’t get it at that price, it is only $44usd here.

I just care about the free shipping and none of the movies and music so it pays for itself at $44.

Yeah it's bad, I was off, its $120/yr up from like $90-100 a year or two ago when they decided to raise it.  They've added a $20-30 price increase and taken away some key features like the same day/2day free shipping, dragged out that shipping to more days too.  They've killed off their general 20% preorder price savings deal they did on video games, movies, and other entertainment etc goods too.  They've even watered down now their streaming music so they can up sell one with (now) no ads and songs it used to have, and a bit more added (to be fair.)

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 11/12/2021 at 5:00 PM, Shmup said:

I received my copy yesterday and it is going to be a long one and a half months wait to play this game for my 2022 backlog challenge. Thankfully I still have Persona Strikers to keep me busy 🙂

I plan on finishing Xenoblade 2 and BotW for the 2022 challenge, so I think you're good.