IGNORED

PS4 Shoot-Em-Ups

Californication

I have Battle Garegga on ps4 only game I've actually platinumed it's pretty good. Not sure if you have it yet but Ketsui Deathtiny is on PS4 as well

(Varsara Collection I have on Switch with physical LE inbound sometime or another, ESP I missed out on the LEs so will be getting a standard soonish for Switch as well) 

22 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

I have Battle Garegga on ps4 only game I've actually platinumed it's pretty good. Not sure if you have it yet but Ketsui Deathtiny is on PS4 as well

(Varsara Collection I have on Switch with physical LE inbound sometime or another, ESP I missed out on the LEs so will be getting a standard soonish for Switch as well) 

Alright, will def. get Battle Garegga. 

I haven't played Ketsui either although when I was on Play Asia I noticed they had one on the PS3 too. Was kind of on the fence about it, TBH, although I know it's Cave.

Do you like Vasara, that one I am really unsure about.

Edited by Californication

7 minutes ago, Californication said:

Alright, will def. get Battle Garegga. 

I haven't played Ketsui either although when I was on Play Asia I noticed they had one on the PS3 too. Was kind of on the fence about it, TBH, although I know it's Cave.

yeah its pretty good too but I can only speak for Switch on that one though not sure if there is any significant differences vs ps4 version, some say its the same some say it seems to run better with less lag on ps4 (same for ESP) so I presume its really just preference in the end. 

Also should be noted even though I preordered the LE of Vasara ages ago I had gotten the digital release at a discount when I was about to come out and it is no Cave quality game and fairly dated but they seemed to had polished it up some and the timeless mode was an added feature built from the ground up for this release. 

if you have Steam the vasara collection is on sale currently for like $2.50 until Jan 2 this might be a good way to test the waters to see if you want a console version of it or not. 

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

I sadly still haven't gotten my copy of Vasara Collection from Strictly Limited Games. Here are some other SHMUPs that have seen physical releases on the PS4:

• Aqua Kitty DX
  • Blacksea Odyssey (Kind of more of an adventure game with SHMUP elements, like Sub Terrania on the Genesis)
  • Caladrius Blaze
  • DariusBurst CS Chronicle Saviors
  • Defenders of Ekron
  • Dimension Drive
  • Earth Atlantis (another one kind of like Sub Terrania)
  • Fast Striker
  • Game Tengoku: The Game Paradise!
  • Geometry Wars 3
  • Ghost Blade
  • Gundemoniums
  • Neurovoider
  • Psyvariar Delta
  • R-Type Dimensions EX
  • Raiden V Director's Cut
  • Rym 9000
  • Senko no Ronde 2 (SHMUP fighting game)
  • Shikondo
  • Sine Mora EX
  • Sky Force Anniversary
  • Steredenn
  • Super Hydorah
  • Tachyon Project (kind of like Geometry Wars)
  • Touhou Genso Rondo Bullet Ballet (SHMUP fighting game)
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I have a few I could sell if you're looking to bulk up the collection a bit:

• Ghost Blade HD
  • Gundemoniums
  • Raiden V
  • Sine Mora EX

I also have a PS3/4 fight stick that I used for playing shmups and it works great. Though it's a SF4 collector edition and would be hard to ship.

• Like 1

I have:

Aqua Kitty, 

Assault Suit Leynos

Darius Burst

Dimension Drive

Iron Crypticle

Neurovoider

Nex Machina

R-type Dimensions

Sine Mora

Skyforce Anniversary

Sterreden

Super Hydorah

But I just barely got a PS4 and I only tried out Sine Mora before spending all my time on Mega Man 11 and Valfaris.

I only played Sine Mora a little bit so far because I though the controller felt awkward compared to the 8 and 16 bit controllers. 

Edited by Californication

1 hour ago, peg said:

Get ketsui. I haven't played the ps4 version (I play using the pcb) but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

+1 for this, Ketsui is class. It's a classic and a great port. You will love it!

Battle Garegga is also great,  would recommend these two.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

• Ghost Blade HD
  • Gundemoniums
  • Raiden V
  • Sine Mora EX

I also have a PS3/4 fight stick that I used for playing shmups and it works great. Though it's a SF4 collector edition and would be hard to ship.

Is a fight stick the way to go? I always thought a joystick was a bad idea for a shoot em up, but on the other hand the ps4 controller didn't quite feel natural.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Gloves said:

• Ghost Blade HD
  • Gundemoniums
  • Raiden V
  • Sine Mora EX

I don't need those, what else ya got! I still need to trade off this Wonder 3.