IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Only thing better then finding my lost copy of loz:ww?

0nqg3ms.jpg

Finding my old memory card with all the save files inside:

b9ogLzd.jpg

I'm most happy about 212 trophies in the ssbm save file from 2008. Now I'm going for all of them, and finish what I started more then a decade ago.

Edited by sg17
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

I did get a bit lucky, not on the Amiibo, that was just new and well I have a Neo Geo so yeah.

It's all there, CD still sealed up, top of book had a little water(I think?) damage but it's not ruined towards the front pages, game and all in excellent shape.  Was $60 and I saw what it went for online so I'm not complaining.  I wanted it back last year and that price it wasn't happening. 🙂

march28.jpg

• Like 8

I haven’t doing a lot of buying recently. These are my two most recent gets, purchased in December:

3363962E-9AB9-4DD9-BB43-98FDF325939C.jpeg

Yes I have the oversized Yoshi’s Island poster in a cheap frame. I just can’t bring myself to blow $200+ on a custom frame job (I already feel like I overpaid for the poster itself lol!)

B86106FC-CAE5-435B-8570-8590BE229B1C.jpeg

This is an extremely fun arcade game. Check it out, Saturn fans.

Edited by attakid101
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

It's been quiet lately, just a lot of waiting for things to happen here and there. BUT...there have been a few things in the past few weeks:

Big thanks to @Glovesfor the Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire trade; it was my first time ever doing a trade with someone, and it was funny, because it didn't start out that way but that's where it went, lol. It's one of the few Pokémon games I didn't have, and pinball's been growing on me more and more the last few years.

As for The Guardian Legend, I was watching a show about Compile and wasn't aware of this game. I decided to get it, and after some shipping issues but a seller who was refreshing to work with, the game finally made it in today. I'm really looking forward to playing this one.

HuPMhW67QL6E-TC5H0YgYQ.jpg.07b99bf26e951b3de6790f15891c96c5.jpg

My sister, brother and I have been playing a lot of Switch recently (my sister is ADDICTED to Streets of Rage 4), so I've been picking up more titles than usual. My brother was playing Astral Chain a couple of weekends ago and I was enthralled. I'd taken a pass before, not looking too much into the game, but I was sold after seeing/hearing it in action. I picked that up at the same time as a couple of copies of Hades; I just want to support the game and Supergiant as much as possible (I've loved the game since Early Access), so that's why I bought 2. As for SoS, my wife said she required her own copy, lol.

kIsMWXBbRga3rSrsvoLy5w.jpg.ee8f7a682cb1f5e6bbc8a704b0abf418.jpg  

I saw my brother playing Valfaris and it looked cool, so I grabbed a copy of that, Elliot Quest hooked me with 8bit + Greek Mythology (I really don't need much more than that), and Ministry of Broadcast had me intrigued after all the comparisons to 1984 I kept reading about.

HKatLVlRQyymvrvEiEFeVg.jpg.7268d3a042adcef6e45c3af3562fd346.jpg

Another couple of books towards the set(s)...

KB6dpAYyRQqO77YUwZyqdA.jpg.7183a727e4c9f86926dbc8ea03a41798.jpg

...and this isn't a game or anything, but my wife made me a Diskun so that I could make it into a sign for the game room. I really like this a lot, and as soon as I get the hardware in, I'm planning to convert it into a backlit sign.

0Mn8AlmWRHit9EahnQz9lg.thumb.jpg.32ec4afa747b13fb579f969bc4a345c8.jpg 

Well, that's all for this week. I'm always looking forward to seeing what you all find next!

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

3 hours ago, attakid101 said:

I haven’t doing a lot of buying recently. These are my two most recent gets, purchased in December:

Yes I have the oversized Yoshi’s Island poster in a cheap frame. I just can’t bring myself to blow $200+ on a custom frame job (I already feel like I overpaid for the poster itself lol!)

B86106FC-CAE5-435B-8570-8590BE229B1C.jpeg

That poster is gorgeous, and you've got great taste; Elevator Action Returns is AMAZING!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, attakid101 said:

Seeing that poster reminds me of how excited I was when that game came out.  I also remember how surprised I was at the fact it wasn't a traditional Mario game.  However, I was never disappointed by that fact, and I still consider it one of my favorite  SNES games of all time.  

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
30 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Thanks again @Deadeye for hooking me up with Hades! Came in today, along with some random things I don't recognize from some stranger I don't know who it was.

😄

PXL_20210330_201731893.jpg

Just kidding, thanks @Jeevan (I assume) for the really cool cross stitches! I love em! 

I didn't get pinged, but yes that was them 😉  some @MeganJoanne commissioned work!!  Hope she is ok @ookii_risu where are u two?????

• Like 2

Dumb luck at the Half Price.  I was out doing stuff, had to order (wait) some carry out near by so I had about 10min and went inside. I walk in and jaw drops, a few stacks of big box PC games, all early-mid 90s stuff.  I beeline towards the carts they were on, hadn't made it to the wall yet.  Recently got a few things there manager knew I liked old stuff like that, mentioned it was me to her co-worker who had priced the stuff. 😄

Had carryout getting cold, didn't have time to think, spent maybe 10min in the store and grabbed what I could carry to the counter that caught my eye.

I grabbed all these, almost $55 out the door (had a 25% coupon) and they were mostly all $3-6, a couple were $10.  The top row above the SC battle chest are open box, the rest all sealed games.  I probably picked off 20% of what they took in, probably going to head back there tomorrow as I regret leaving a few things. 😄  The last time I saw in person a PC bigbox horde that large was Software ETC, Egghead, CompUSA, something 25 years ago plus that's for certain.

Sadly I was hoping I could use a majority of the sealed up stuff, but they're Win95/98 era 16bit haters, I'm no good at running a VM, can't dual boot, don't have a vintage laptop either so probably have to let them go.  MW2 stings the worst, old personal favorite, didn't realize it ran on cancerous DirectX2 which MS blackballed with DX3 and the stupid company never patched it out, damn I wish it was the DOS version for DOSBox.

Civ2 was a mess, felt heavy enough, but the stuff lying on the left was inside along with just the original CD/jewel for Civ2. 😞  Got lucky a moment ago, dude on ebay had the contents, took a fair offer so that's fixed at least.  Really pleased with the open box stuff, favorite franchises right there.  My shelf is running out of room for big boxes.

Anyone got MW2 DOS complete? Trade ya?

PCBigBox1-Mar30.thumb.JPG.2dc844629acd1cadb88b0a7369ece6c2.JPG

• Like 8

I went back, had to, a few things just bugged me and thankfully it was still there.  Another $25 for these, so there goes the $25 I saved yesterday (hah.)  They're all new.  RT2 though you can see it blown open, the sticker seal got so crusty and crispy it cracked open.  Inside though the game is still in the cardboard mount with shrinkwrap around it, no way anyone could slide it out without breaking the box in some obvious way.  The RTS and railroad sims are personal favorites of mine from 20 years ago.  I hope I can find a way to get them to work on my PC, I know gog has RT2 upgraded, but the other had an HD re-release not too many years back on steam so maybe not?

Got this large box of stuff now next to my desk, feels like I went on a shopping spree coming out of a time machine that made a stop or two between 1995-2000.  Most of these were like $50 games in the day, the expansions usually were $30.  I'm torn, they could make a hell of a fun display with my other boxes I have in my storage closet.  If not for the transformers, they'd be on top of my media shelf. 😄

PCBigBox2-Mar31.thumb.jpg.b3974daac1d4568af15d566421c5e22f.jpg

• Like 6

Picked up this boxed/complete backwards compatible model PS3 a couple of weeks ago.  Not an amazing pickup, however, it was 100% free.  Guy listed it to give away, no strings attached.  I expected perhaps it didn't work, or other issues - but the thing works like a dream and is like new condition.  Icing on the cake is it came with 5 games and 3 of them are still new/sealed (Bioshock 2, Doom 3 and Fallout New Vegas).

IMG_3448.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 7

You're understating that grossly, free or not, it's the rare one that runs the earlier hardware including PS2, and it's not broken like many are.  Throw in it's complete, like spotless looking, and 3/5 games new still.  It's like a nice brand new(ish) time capsule to their best hardware in a very long time (and since.)

• Like 2

I'm a week late, I had planned to post a week ago and never did, so now you are all getting bombarded, sorry. 

Finally found a complete Sonic Rush Adventure for $15 on FB Marketplace, didn't post it to my hunting thread though because it's a tiny bit water damaged and I'm not happy about that. Also finally picked up a sealed Pac Man Vs. for more than I could have years ago but whatever. Also picked up my first proto for one of my favorite Game Boy gems. 

spacer.png

Two more NP's toward the set...

spacer.png

Collector friend of mine gave me this Wii bundle for free, he said he had it on eBay forever and no one would buy it so he would rather it go to someone who would appreciate it! Also picked up a Record Store Day Pac Man 7" on a whim, got a good deal on a rumble pack GBC game, another Petz game with cards included, and finally finally found the Yoshi's Crafted World Target pre-order bonus I missed out on. 

spacer.png

Got some good deals on various Switch games and paid full price for Hades because everyone was talking about it and I got hit with FOMO. Also picked up more My Nintendo goodies, not my Nintendo like it belongs to me but the rewards program called "My Nintendo."

spacer.png

Finally picked up the North America release of Korg Gadget on sale at Walmart and it has spine splits... the bane of Switch collecting. Multiple times now I've had to re-buy a game and return the one with spine splits and it's such a pain. 

Anyway, the duck is a promo for Harvest Moon Animal Parade and the card came from a cheap copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo I scored. 

spacer.png

Finally got a WoN cardboard tray for free at Target! Also picked up two Amiibo and unboxed them quickly before they gain any value. 

spacer.png

Another Art Academy 3DS misprint, another Super Mario 3D All Stars magnet set, maybe I let the kids play with this one and keep the other one sealed? Who knows. 

spacer.png

Picked up a vinyl for one of my favorite VG soundtracks of all time, Maximum Carnage by Green Jelly. 

spacer.png

Got my challenge patch for Super Blood Hockey. 

spacer.png

After I upgraded my FF VI Advance to a near mint CIB, I traded the not mint CIB for a bunch of stuff including these: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Got the Sanrio Amiibo cards from a good Samaritan, also finally got a great deal on Wario Land 4 (which was eluding me for the longest time) from @dipstiq

spacer.png

Picked up a sealed Heroes of Mana after deciding to get all the Mana games I can get on Nintendo consoles, since Heroes of Mana is still available at retail and I probably won't find it any cheaper than what I paid. The rest are from a lot buy and will cost me nothing. 

spacer.png

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is good enough that I'm willing to stock up on it for cards. 

spacer.png

And lastly, I found this NFR Children of Mana with a letter that I've never seen before. Still trying to figure out the story behind it. 

spacer.png

I now have Collection of Mana, the Trial of Mana remake, Sword of Mana, Children of Mana and Heroes of Mana, and will eventually get the Legend of Mana remake when it comes out for Switch, which is pretty good for a series I have never played. 

I really should play it huh? 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 8

Just now, avatar! said:

Well, some would say all games should be played 🙂

I'm curious, a super-collector such as yourself, what percentage of your games would you say you play?

I wanna say 5% but it's probably less. If I had time I would play them all, I really would. There's a few that are more for my kids than me but they are more glued to their iPads usually. 

Before a few years ago I didn't really buy games other than to play them, I kept my tidy little collection of stuff I had played, and it only grew because I would keep anything I enjoyed. Then I got into collecting for collecting's sake and things slowly spiraled out of control. 

@MiamiSliceWow...Curse of the Moon, gave up on ever seeing that physical, good job.  And that gBC pinball game, I've got that CIB too, it's actually a really fantastic version of the PC game which is kind of surprising.  Very nice Switch selection there, NPs for sure (I think I need that SSF2 one too), and WarioLand 4 GBA that complete is still not a pain like some others.

• Like 1