IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Bought a few new GBA games and had a lot that I needed to catch up on for the cassette project. 

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That's pretty sweet.  I do something similar with DS cases, and this reminds me I'm due for making some artwork 

I use the Game Boy cases made by CustomGameCases.com, but if those didn't exists, I would probably go with the cassette tape idea.  Either way, they look fantastic on a shelf.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Bought a few new GBA games and had a lot that I needed to catch up on for the cassette project. 

20210316_122430.jpg

these look fantastic. I had intentions of doing this myself, but haven't gotten around to it. (1) where's the best place to find printable art for these? (2) where's the best place to get cheap cassette cases?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, noiseredux said:

(1) where's the best place to find printable art for these? 

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

1 minute ago, noiseredux said:

(2) where's the best place to get cheap cassette cases?

Goodwill used to be a good place, but around here you don't see many cassette tapes these days.  You can probably find large lots of cassette tapes with cases online, although I think they are slowly starting to get popular again, which might make it more difficult to find them cheap.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Goodwill used to be a good place, but around here you don't see many cassette tapes these days.  You can probably find large lots of cassette tapes with cases online, although I think they are slowly starting to get popular again, which might make it more difficult to find them cheap.  

I got 50 cases on Amazon for $27 or so. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L515B72?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Check this site first to make sure the cover art hasn't already been made. The first two links are dead, the best is the box link which also has the templates for paint .net in case you need to make your own. Which you will. 

http://thirdkoopa.blogspot.com/2014/10/how-to-put-your-gbgbcgba-games-into.html?m=1

The cover project is good but they are missing a bunch for gb gbc gba you'll have to go on Google images and improvise for sure. 

@noiseredux

Edited by a3quit4s

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

20210316_122430.jpg

I think I'm gonna steal this idea at some point for something, not sure what games yet though.

To me, THIS is a billion times nicer than what any custom case / repro box could be. It's a classic throwback on many levels, it looks amazing for display, it's unique, etc. TBH, this would be enough to make me choose to collect GB games loose instead of CIB.

24 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I think I'm gonna steal this idea at some point for something, not sure what games yet though.

To me, THIS is a billion times nicer than what any custom case / repro box could be. It's a classic throwback on many levels, it looks amazing for display, it's unique, etc. TBH, this would be enough to make me choose to collect GB games loose instead of CIB.

I'm OK with this since I stole it myself. Did I PM you about me buying the famicom games from you for the NES weekly challenge? I can't remember

I really wish I could do that cassette project, but buying as many cases as I'd need and then printing it off with get very time and money intensive I think.  Love the look.

I've neglected to bother posting for awhile here, and you know what...laziness.  I know I mentioned back on the 7th some Sega PC games I found (3) well it inspired me to try and get back what I used to have from the Sega PC line, mostly there.

See the image below, I broke it up, this is all March stuff.   The lines made it easier to break up and faster.  Most of what you see here is I guess 'mail call' though the handheld was local to start the month, that was $100 for it, spotless, some parent buys it, kid uses it barely and shelved it without a mark anywhere.

The Sega PC stuff the 3 standing were what got me started wanting to get those Sega PC games back, mail call on the rest, paid less than going rate, all excellent, Touring Car was sealed (have a sealed Daytona USA Deluxe in the mail, still need Virtual Squad to round out what I think I had, not sure I had House of the Dead.)  The middle two Switch bits, they were gifts back on the 10th.  Faceball mail call again, good deal and with manual, great little 3D game.

Then thanks to Miamislice, Kekfa's Domain, not his, but pointed out reminding me discogs beats ebay, and it definitely did, missed owning that, listened to all 3 hours of it earlier this afternoon.  And then the bottom corner, mail call from the site here, old owner can name themselves if they wish.  Did a trade for some old Nintendo guides/magazines for those goodies, and yeah it's a bootleg frenzy other than the Namcot Collection with its nice Famicom library on there.  Super digging that Mario cart, has all 4 of the games SMAS SNES has, I think a better save mechanism, FDS game works correctly, and also has the PAL late NES library Mario Bros hiding on there too which is fairly arcade accurate compared to the 85 release.  So that's about it until something else worthwhile comes across.

march21finds.JPG.3320fa540c20cac2d7a642c9126538ae.JPG

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I really wish I could do that cassette project, but buying as many cases as I'd need and then printing it off with get very time and money intensive I think.  Love the look.

I got the 50 cases from Amazon for about $28 so about .56 cents for the cases although you can order 100 for $50 and drive it down to .50 cents. I don't have a color printer at home so I was printing them at my old job for free. But since I work from home at my new job (pre and post pandemic) I have been printing them at Staples. You can get two covers per sheet, color, 28 lb paper (which is nice and heavy), for .60 cents a sheet. You can probably drive that down by selecting 24lb paper but I'm not sure what the cost is. So about .80-.86 cents a game; probably less if you have your own color laser printer. Creating the custom covers takes about 2 minutes once you get the hang of it, finding the artwork is a little more time consuming if the cover project doesn't have the game.

This may be useful for someone else as well!

• Like 1

Last I looked I'd need between 150-200 between the GB, GBC, GBA, and the few GB/C multicarts I have too.  That would start to add up, both in expenses, but also the amount of time and ink to print all that, cut all of it, and then well shelf room too.

I like the idea a lot, but maybe not practical.  I'm only going to have to guess how much space 200~ cases would take up on my shelving with the other games and some toys.  They're not too much thinner than  NES cart if I remember right.  Each section can fit in sleeved 23 NES carts (it's 3 sections wide) so I'm betting it would eat up a lot of space.

I've got a somewhat more unique Canon office jet style scanner/copier printer and it doesn't use cartridges or spray box stuff, it has these very large wells built into the printer itself you squirt these big bottles of ink into and boy does it sip.  We've had it since sometime later last year and the ink levels despite all the printing (mostly black but some color) haven't even dropped by a quarter yet.  I wouldn't worry about running out of that as it sips and puts out high quality sharp images.

• Like 1

Here are my hauls from the last two days.

Dragon Quest IV, V, and VI are belated X'mas gifts from my Mom, and also came with a sealed copy of Chrono Trigger (Ultimate Hits). So unless I get an offer that game will be used as a prize for my business start-up campaign. Dragon Quest IX is a print-related upgrade I bought from a seller in France. And it is the only other Dragon Quest game I wanted that was not an "Ultimate Hits" variant.

The other three I did not mind because they are remakes, the "Ultimate Hits" banner is a Japan exclusive, and because Dragon Quest VI has a very hard to find 'first print' variant. I agree that the previous prints look nicer, but, I do like the thought of maintaining my "Japan exclusive" theme when it comes to my Dragon Quest collection. Plus I really like the Japan exclusive artwork for IX!

As for condition... They are all sealed, with both Dragon Quest VI and IX showing some type of flaws. No tears or stains, but still minor factory sealed-related flaws. So I am calling this goal 'done' in the end. 👍

Plus today, I got an update from CAS. So expect to see those results in April/May.

thumbnail_IMG-1896.jpg.57781f5591480b91460a46c45c7f1bea.jpg

• Like 8

I got all of these items for free (except for the multicart) from a friend:

smbjrandkhgba.jpg.f905bc3714634ea526b76b79c906f151.jpg

Super Monkey Ball Jr. and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Yes, I know the picture is a little blurry.

modifiednes.jpg.c6d37e2ca35ec36fbbbb1c69ed4999e9.jpg

multicartscreen.jpg.398d8e8c5a3fb120b4e9ddf0ae48979a.jpg

toystorybomberman.jpg.c49b8c5157838d64190ff58f04f39057.jpg

digdughellokitty.jpg.274b7a0347a56c9e6edc1cb4963ec474.jpg

arabianfamicom.jpg.f11dcb9c923fdc2ca31bf455db3f8ca7.jpg

The multicart shown in my previous post that @fcgamer sent me doesn't fit in my NES, which I won't modify because it is the one I've had since childhood. So my friend gave me one of his extra NES's shown here, removed the lockout chip, and took off the top of the cover. Now I can play the multicart shown above (anyone ever wanted to play as Toy Story characters in Bomberman? Or play as Hello Kitty in Dig Dug?).

ai2nes.jpg.5ccd1a8095a19c35e58eab2ba49c2132.jpg

ai2nesback.jpg.6460b4586d7341e6760b14c24ab18d30.jpg

ai2nesscreen.jpg.a29a1123de263d07cb9166dabfb934f4.jpg

Something I think is interesting about this copy of Adventure Island 2 is that it is from a video store that I used to go to in the early and mid 2000's (they even still had NES games for rent in 2002 and early 2003). Here is a flier I got from that store in 2003:

hollywoodvideoflier.thumb.jpg.07362bcf4063f88c95a78c36e830d360.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

On 3/16/2021 at 6:19 PM, MegaMan52 said:

powerbombermanscreen.jpg.64b8e6942fa8b02aac623c1e47950450.jpg

sectorsedgescreen.jpg.11c75519bd6030fee2235d67a1a1f3bb.jpg

Ready for upcoming game nights, @Jeevan.

famicomgames.jpg.47d802eb41f02d1ddf34035713598d3a.jpg

Thanks @fcgamer.

nhl06ps2.jpg.6c1c21904fab3eb83464ae64ae0ba3bb.jpg

nhl06ps2disc.jpg.012e132b0dc62ace898fadb2c67cb8b7.jpg

nhl94nhl06.jpg.bea55fd3c79e38f4535e7f5c67f7b185.jpg

Fun fact: the PS2 version of NHL 06 includes NHL '94.

Weird that only the ps2 version has the bonus game. Was going to add it to my gamecube collection, but guess I'll need to pick it up on ps2. Love when releases include old games on them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RalliArtEvo said:

Weird that only the ps2 version has the bonus game. Was going to add it to my gamecube collection, but guess I'll need to pick it up on ps2. Love when releases include old games on them!

I do too, Doom 3 Collector's Edition for Xbox has both Doom and Doom II on the disc plus a cool steel book.

• Like 1

Picked up this CIB "like new" Zombi U deluxe set off the 'bay. I turn to eBay very rarely but for this particular set I had to because I've never seen one for sale with all the parts and matching serial numbers. Almost everyone seems to somehow lose the cardboard insert holding the pro controller and charging cable. Also the foam cover for the pro controller has a tiny sticker with a serial number matching the one stamped into the controller body. And the pack in Zombi U game is an NFR. There's also an exclusive artbook and black Nintendo Land download voucher. For these reasons I think it's not possible to piece together a CIB from individual parts. I'm pretty sure this one of the rarer Wii U bundles (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong 🙂). I couldn't find a single sold listing in the past 3 months.

It was listed for $350 but I ended up paying $400 after shipping and taxes. Not bad I think considering it retailed for $389 when new.

MU6YyV1.jpg

8MhIuWk.jpg

UskpMgV.jpg

6hOJn23.jpg

mMrCwHA.jpg

PZzGokm.jpg

6Jgs5AE.jpg

Edited by bowser
  • Like 8

Found a copy of the T-30810G  version of Shutsudou Minisuka Police for the Sega Saturn.
Of course this is a japanese game where you complete minigames, in order to have female police officers to somehow undress, or make nice things for you.

Once again, this standard version in single CD case is way rarer than the limited version of the game (cardboard, double CD case, figurine). Took me more than 2 years of checking ebay and YAJ daily to get this one.
I missed one on YAJ in 2020, was surprised to see it go for more than $450 (with spine and reg card). This one popped out on ebay march 2021 and went underradar, got it in the $30 range (no spine card though).

20210319_112747.jpg

Edited by Guigui
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

Mystic Quest and Yoshi’s Island are both in fantastic shape, almost no wear at all. Yoshi has all of the inserts i.e. the poster and the Woah! insert. I’m so happy to add these two to my collection but especially this nice copy of Yoshi’s Island, which is such a good platformer. Isolated Warrior is super fun and has great spritework which I’m sucker for.

B12DE4AC-E792-4FD7-901F-1E3AED3E1979.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Strange said:

Mystic Quest and Yoshi’s Island are both in fantastic shape, almost no wear at all. Yoshi has all of the inserts i.e. the poster and the Woah! insert. I’m so happy to add these two to my collection but especially this nice copy of Yoshi’s Island, which is such a good platformer. Isolated Warrior is super fun and has great spritework which I’m sucker for.

B12DE4AC-E792-4FD7-901F-1E3AED3E1979.jpeg

In Japan the game was known as Final Fantasy USA Mystic Quest... apparently the Japanese did not view American console players as being able to play complex RPGs 🙂

The soundtrack is really great, and the artwork to the Japanese version is cool too.

Mystic-Quest1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1