IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

No pics but I was in the farther away half price today, was surprised and pleased to see Sega PC Collection releases of Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic R, and Sonic CD sitting there (about $20 between the three), and also in the dollar dump shelf the original 3D Ultra Pinball too so grabbed that.  All the discs are spotless or nearly so, cases and rest are in fine shape.

I've been meaning to recover many of those old Sega PC games I had in the day, especially the Saturn cross overs so that was a motivator.  I was able to cobble together a deal to get more shortly so I'll have back soon most of what others I had before (Panzer Dragoon, both Sega Rally's, Sega Touring Car, and Daytona USA Deluxe.)  I'll still have to find Virtua Squad(Cop) as that's good mouse click fun.  Kind of hard trying to find a good list of Sega PC-Saturn releases.

Some of these won't run on PC anymore x64 and all that but there are some hardcore sega fans out there, so far I've found for the sketchy ones upgrade patches so they run excellent, and in the case of two (both sega rally) someone made stand alone full blown installer/executable) versions of the game that work on their own (which is great since SR2 uses a DRM Win7-10 can't use.)

• Like 3

I recently traded a copy of Pokemon XD for Gamecube for Dragon Warrior 4. I was never, ever going to play the Pokemon game and it had been sitting on a shelf for 15 years. I think we payed like $10 for it way back when.

With that, I have every single one of my childhood NES game again.

Edited by Jono1874
  • Like 7

Nice.jpg

Music for the soul 🙂

Kefka's Domain was released in Dec 1, 1994 and was one of the first video game soundtracks released in North America! Not the first, but one of the first. In Japan, video game music had been released for over a decade, but in the USA it was a rarity, and this is the first console video game soundtrack that I am aware of that was released exclusively in North America! I will add it a Japanese version was released in Japan earlier that year, but obviously it was in Japanese and had a completely different art style. Honestly, the cover art on this version is much better than the Japanese version, although the Japanese version did include a detailed booklet where this included a slip that just listed the tracks. Still, a beautiful collector's piece.

Twilight Symphony was crowdsourced and released in Nov 2, 2012. It is amazing that this is basically a fan-made release, but got official approval from Nintendo! Now, Twilight Princess was one of my favorite games, and I always thought it had fabulous music. However, Twilight Symphony takes it to a whole new dimension! The soundtrack is over 3 hours of beautifully arranged music, featuring vocals, live instruments... simply epic! There were 1000 copies of the physical game released - 500 reserved for pre-orders and included a signed "thank you", and another 500 all of which sold out. It's interesting that the list price was $49.99 and back then, people were complaining that it was too expensive 😂 ah, yeah. Well, now if you can find a copy, expect to pay $300+

Here is the overture

• Like 6

Oooh Kekfa's Domain, had that, twice, last was a few years ago not sure why I got rid of it either, and also back in the day the Seiken Densetsu2(SOM) audio on CD from Japan and that was truly amazing.  Makes me want to track them down, but I'm fearing the price in these idiotic times.

• Like 1

These arrived today.

Pokémon Black (left) was purchased on eBay, and turned out to be cheaper than it currently goes for on the Japanese market. Plus getting a copy where the outer box is the only thing showing wear is also a bonus for me. So even if I do get the rest, I want to get this graded/preserved.

56239640_ImportGameErrorCard.jpg.c7e0020f2aa79841b8e62dd13b3c8f71.jpg

The Pikachu card (right) is the "rare" bleed-type error variant. One that I also got for below its standards asking price. And is one of those rare moments I do not buy an import card, etc. In the end it is also one of those rare moments I want to have a card graded/preserved. (Opinions?)

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 8

Pickups from the past 1.5 weeks... somehow I got sucked back into GameCube collecting, also snagged a few items I had been hunting for quite a while

spacer.png

Uno / Skip-Bo is sealed but the seal looks like trash, so it's a bit of a case of Schrodinger's Mini Uno Cards, because it feels heavy enough that they must be in there, but I just can't be sure. 

spacer.png

I think I have all 3 Ty games now. Need to check. Also Truberbrook is a gem if you like those old LucasArts point-and-click adventures. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The story for this one is over in my hunting thread: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Decided to start collecting Nintendo Force magazine and I picked up all the issues that were available for backorder: 

spacer.png

Picked up @B.A.'s old pile of papers and a couple guides. Really happy to have this Sonic 1 & 2 guide, I didn't even know Sega made these: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally found a great deal on an NFC reader, just $20 with the game & card: 

spacer.png

And lastly, this all came from a trade, the strategy guides both come with posters, in great shape, and River City Ransom is sealed, although one corner is damaged so that's too bad, but still a nice find: 

spacer.png

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Oooh Kekfa's Domain, had that, twice, last was a few years ago not sure why I got rid of it either, and also back in the day the Seiken Densetsu2(SOM) audio on CD from Japan and that was truly amazing.  Makes me want to track them down, but I'm fearing the price in these idiotic times.

Collectibles like that will always continue to rise in value. Everyone hopes that they will see it on ebay for $5 or something like that, but it will never happen. Best to have it and be happy rather to miss out 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avatar! said:

Collectibles like that will always continue to rise in value. Everyone hopes that they will see it on ebay for $5 or something like that, but it will never happen. Best to have it and be happy rather to miss out 🙂

Also pro-tip @Tanooki: if it's an audio release, check Discogs. Lower fees over there and it's not really a platform for video game related stuff so you can usually find a better price there than on eBay. 

@MiamiSlicegood point.  It does have a number to it, as does their other US game they did it with.  Couldn't hurt, used to use them for records when I had those things.  They're a bit less greedy and a bit more picky on condition so if you can find something even with a few scuffs on the disc or case it'll come down far more than an ebay troll ever would.

21 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

These arrived today.

Pokémon Black (left) was purchased on eBay, and turned out to be cheaper than it currently goes for on the Japanese market. Plus getting a copy where the outer box is the only thing showing wear is also a bonus for me. So even if I do get the rest, I want to get this graded/preserved.

56239640_ImportGameErrorCard.jpg.c7e0020f2aa79841b8e62dd13b3c8f71.jpg

The Pikachu card (right) is the "rare" bleed-type error variant. One that I also got for below its standards asking price. And is one of those rare moments I do not buy an import card, etc. In the end it is also one of those rare moments I want to have a card graded/preserved. (Opinions?)

Im not a card guy, but Id get that variant graded. If nothing else, gives it the most protective shell. My brother is a big card guy (magic, not pokemon) and id be willing to bet he would concur. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Im not a card guy, but Id get that variant graded. If nothing else, gives it the most protective shell. My brother is a big card guy (magic, not pokemon) and id be willing to bet he would concur. 

I'll mark this down as a +2. Because card collectors are ones I take very seriously. 👍

In all cases I ended up studying the difference between a certified PSA 8 and a certified PSA 10. Between the two, I think mine is a very strong 9. Maybe a 10 if I am lucky. And for the record, the "8" has a printing error in the same general area where it says "Gnaw". No clue where else there might be an error. 🤔

As for mine, I think is between 50/50 to 55/45. It is hard to tell. And the back might be 55/45, but I will not be surprised if it is ruled a 60/40. Either way, I found out that the "bleed" portion is not an issue. Which has me feel that it is a great contender for grading. Even though it will be my only graded card. Thus I will skip the case option for now.

Plus IF it grades a 10, I am not going to sell it.

Then again... The advert for the 10 is the best one I had ever seen on eBay.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Wow! 1

The games I was gathering in the US to ship here showed up today. The other thing I was waiting on - and most excited about - showed up two days ago, but I'll post up about that elsewhere later.

I tried my hand at these things on FB called 'claim sales' on my sister's recommendation, and I picked up a couple of Genesis games I've been meaning to play that I've heard plenty of great things about. In particular, Shadow Dancer's been in the back of my mind since I watched the CGQ Sega Genesis in '91 video.

SUu00PAXTWO1DtVVNjzvbg.jpg.30ab5848bad9e74e549660771fac0485.jpg

I finally found a nice and complete Mario Tennis at a nominal price, my sister and I were talking about Ninja Warriors on the weekend, so I picked up a standard copy of Ninja Saviors on Switch so we could play 2 players. Strikers 1945 is just the latest on my journey for shoot 'em ups.

ozFYoCD9TQyNESMoai38AQ.jpg.90b09f6f88bf8712bd8cf8dbf758389a.jpg

I used to have R-Type Final, used it as a trade in towards a PS3 trade deal back when that launched, and forgot to re-buy it later when it got even cheaper; all the R-Type talk lately online made me think, "Oh yeah, I still haven't re-bought that yet..".

As for the Maximo games, I think I just overlooked them at the time, but with the new Gn'G just having come out, it made me think about other games in the series, or in this case, in that universe.

X2Ml0GYyTXGjKQnPeGExTQ.jpg.265bd1436b61d5c3ef01635aec748dc7.jpg

Lastly, not a game but gaming adjacent, my sister talked a Walmart manager into letting her take the Super Mario 3D World promo poster yesterday. We were in the store on the weekend (she was looking for Xenoblade) and I remarked that I thought the sign was nice and it would be cool to have in the modern consoles gameroom; suffice to say, it was a really nice surprise!

SJSO-YlRQAauby8roYl8cg.thumb.jpg.244abbde07250a0623535d45c0724a64.jpg

Happy hunting everyone!

• Like 7

Recently got these for my collection:

- Kirby 64 hanging sign plush

- Toybiz Diddy Kong Racing figures set

- Nintendo Power Donkey Kong Country Figurines set

- BD&A LoZ Ocarina of Time Figures set

Still looking for a Donkey Kong Nintendo sign Plush, some Toybiz Mario Kart 64 figures, the Nintendo Power Mario & Bowser Figurines & Toysite Chest Slamming Donkey & Kiddy Kong.

I also recently got the Toysite Donkey Kong figures boxed but didn’t take a picture of those yet.

5EFA5FD5-4450-4AAA-B06D-A987974DFAD5.thumb.jpeg.bbc3a49fdbf6143ca940ad2bed26b6c8.jpeg

CCAD67C6-BC87-4520-B4EB-1B7B579915CA.jpeg.58f6d263926da59af4224b1b0fc10bdb.jpeg498CF213-9B04-4FCD-987B-75858C3A20E9.jpeg.7f4fa9b3d61cd4dd24e412a6f0b2f3ed.jpegF43B2F44-EFF5-4B79-A700-D29A7D4885DA.jpeg.c0145205d8ed4cad46cb75d97a1d07ca.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2

Picked up my copy of Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time on the Switch today. Decided to ask if they happened to have any used Wii U games left over from the markdown to $1 earlier. Turns out they received this complete copy of Mighty No. 9 in a shipment after the scalpers had already hit them up. 

EE3EFA23-86EE-4B9A-84C3-FB6B4C4054AC.jpeg

• Like 6

Part Two of my recent purchases:

1. Some Toybiz Mario Kart 64 figures, missing Wario but got his kart
  2. 5/6 In-box Toysite Donkey Kong figures, just missing the deluxe set of Donkey Kong & Kiddy Kong
  3. Toysite LoZ Ocarina of Time Figures, I don’t currently have them out so I’m posting the sellers pictures10D0E4CB-8450-455D-B597-599688866555.jpeg.6a460f516f00e0c9369f077403997780.jpeg316B2FA4-1C1B-4FD8-ACDB-8FA9C5E3337E.jpeg.6818a0cc051663a639163f611702f254.jpeg1DFFF0C2-FF80-4E3A-927C-F9A22996DCCC.jpeg.d7793666137653048e7d7a968e6b189b.jpeg
Edited by sirjake1192
Update
  • Like 5