IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 2/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, NZCollector said:

It is February 12th here in New Zealand, so that means Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury has released! Today's my day off so could not have been released on a better day. I didn't preorder it, but when I went to EB Games to get it I was also given the steelbook. The photo doesn't really do it justice, it looks amazing in person. The dotted background behind the characters is shiny. 

I also got Everybody's Golf: World Tour for the PS3. Golf games are a weird guilty pleasure and this is the last one I needed for the PS3. It's eluded me for a few years and one finally popped up for a price I was happy with. I don't know if it's rare but it's definitely uncommon. 

0ECCA9DF-ABA9-4E85-B420-5842B3893153.jpeg

Is that the same as Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds?

6 hours ago, LifeGame said:

C9F4EE2B-767A-4230-B706-77282CF8A28B.jpeg.2a64894203d5ac530287778c60aa5153.jpeg

Added 3 graded NES games i didnt have yet

I totally remember reading about 'Legends of the Diamond'! I just wish I could remember which gaming magazine it was, however (since it was not Nintendo Power). 😅

On a side-note I need to decide if I like their 3D label before I ship off my first submission. 🤔

9 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

I totally remember reading about 'Legends of the Diamond'! I just wish I could remember which gaming magazine it was, however (since it was not Nintendo Power). 😅

On a side-note I need to decide if I like their 3D label before I ship off my first submission. 🤔

I didn't go for the 3 dimensional label style, I wanted to be able to see the front of the game and the grade at the same time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Is that the same as Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds?

I believe so yes. We never got anything under the Hot Shots Golf title here, it's always been the much more generic sounding Everybody's Golf. The naming starts to get confusing when there's an Everybody's Golf 1 and 2 on PS1 and PSP, when they're different games. 

Edited by NZCollector

11 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't understand, it's an additional case for your game and isn't licensed?

Yeah, it was just a different type of case I was given for free by the EB Games worker. I've attached some photos of what it looks like on the inside and on both sides of the outside to show you what it's like. Not sure if the steelbook was released in America- hopefully it was, it's pretty cool in person. 100% licensed. 

B42DFA11-6E1E-498C-9A10-8626949ED65D.jpeg

D90EAEA4-6FE2-4D33-B6B5-DEAD281E9D7C.jpeg

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 3

On 2/14/2021 at 4:18 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

I think 3D Land will be locked to the 3DS only bc the 3D in that game is outstanding and completely necessary. Anyone who plays that game with the 3D off is missing at least half of the experience. 

I wish the would've added post game content to 3D World like they did in 3D Land. Remixed levels, a minus world, a bonus world are all things that have been left behind from 3D Land that were really defining features of the gameplay experience. I remember shidding when the entire game opened back up with remixed and brand new levels, for all 8 world. 

That added content would add so much to 3D Land. It's not overly short when trying to 100% it, but it's not that long either. Always felt like it was missing something, especially after going through 3D World originally in 2013. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NZCollector said:

Yeah, it was just a different type of case I was given for free by the EB Games worker. I've attached some photos of what it looks like on the inside and on both sides of the outside to show you what it's like. Not sure if the steelbook was released in America- hopefully it was, it's pretty cool in person. 100% licensed. 

B42DFA11-6E1E-498C-9A10-8626949ED65D.jpeg

D90EAEA4-6FE2-4D33-B6B5-DEAD281E9D7C.jpeg

Is it sealed with the cartridge inside?

Got some more pickups to share!

Saw Boktai CIB for auction on eBay, starting at $120, but it was also accepting offers so I figured "why not, let's offer $100" and it was actually accepted. It's complete complete too, it even has the plastic baggie on the cart

Runbow and Fox n Forests were from a trade, I had honestly given up on ever getting Fox n Forests, and then I managed to get it just trading off some video game vinyl records I didn't want. Crazy. 

spacer.png

I bought this haul from a service member stationed in Korea, apparently there's a good amount of stuff still in stock at the local PX there that is impossible to find stateside. I traded him something and paid the rest in cash, and I guess I bought enough that he felt compelled to throw in some local snacks and a postcard too! I already ate the Crunky Bar and the Country Ma'am cookies, they were divine. 

The two Yo-Kai games are sealed, they were not cheap and maybe I overpaid... I'd rather sell them and get them CIB but in this market I don't really want to sell them before finding them CIB!

spacer.png

Creature in the Well finally arrived after a long wait, and I got Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 along with Descenders and Monkey Barrels from Target in a Buy 2 Get 1 deal. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Picked up NSMBU and the Wii reseller lot from @Boosted52405! Final Fantasy X/X-2 Asia English cover was from the Play-Asia restock, much better than paying the $100+ this was going for on eBay recently. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Made a big purchase from a game shop and knocked out 4 of my DS wants in one go, also picked up the CIB Centipede / Millipede which was one of the games I had growing up and while it's not a great game, the nostalgia is super strong with this one. 

spacer.png

I posted the Pac Man and the Ghostly Adventures poster variant before but this is a second one I got in better shape. The GBA games were from an eBay seller that had a bunch of great stuff for auction, these two ended up going at good prices. Been wanting both for a long time. 

spacer.png

Finally picked up this guide and it's sealed with the bonus screen cleaner intact. 

spacer.png

Rarely bother with Amiibo anymore but these two were worth it. 

spacer.png

And then there's this NP haul. The only issue I needed was 128, but the rest ended up being upgrades because they have all the posters, cards and so on intact. The two magazines in the bottom right corner are nothing special but I like that one has a preview of Star Fox 2, which ended up being over 20 years away from releasing!

spacer.png

That's all for now!

• Like 9

19 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

No, we didn't get it here 😠 we just got a water bottle or posters or a phone badge, depending on the retailer

That's a shame. I'm not sure why we got it here and you didn't, especially considering how small of a country New Zealand is. It seems to be a PAL bonus going by a UK retailer site, so maybe most of Europe got it too. 

Edited by NZCollector

27 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You got into L-Dis eh?  I got rid of that about a year ago maybe when I started off loading unused PCE CDs I had.  It wasn't bad, just didn't do it for me.  You do have some real solid variety there though.

I didn't get deep into it, was doing a quick run through of a bunch of games. A lot of the games were dark with big sprites and more of an arcade feel which is fine, but L-Dis stood out because the bright colors, sprites closer to a non PCE shmup, while the difficulty still seemed ramped up.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 9:01 PM, Code Monkey said:

I didn't go for the 3 dimensional label style, I wanted to be able to see the front of the game and the grade at the same time.

Sorry for the delayed response. 😅

I finally got to see your photos and see why you went with the 3D (banner) labels. Very nice. But since I am also going to use CAS, I feel that their 2D (flat) labels might be the way to go. In this case I am limiting my CIB/NS Wii game to Wata because it is technically "incomplete" without the bonus items and box. The remaining Wii, PS2, and Dreamcast games might be submitted to Wata. But the rest are limited to CAS for more than one reason.

Plus I have the link going to their Nintendo related options. The depth-based dimensions for their PS1 and PS2 cases are very similar. Plus their photo of Super Mario Land (which got a 75) shows you where they place the label. And all I can say for that is their labels look like a upgraded version of what VGA offers.