IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Would spending like $18 to get MInish Cap (it's legit) and a first party Gameboy Pocket AC adapter (mgb-005) feel like a real score these days?  I don't grab much anymore, got kits for most things and spread my time kind of thin as it is. 😄  I was happy to see that earlier so I snapped them up, and I forgot the US even got that adapter.  A few years back I imported the JP one that is a combo using with the rechargeable battery (mgb-003.)  I'm thinking it could get used on the Light and Color too.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to post this for a while.  I got these at the Re:Store about a month and a half ago.  They aren't rare or anything, but they were each $1 and in fantastic shape.  I love the PS1 and I tend to buy any game I don't own already if it's in good shape.  For $1/ea, I was happy.

IMG_2287.JPG

• Like 2

I went overboard in the past week. Gonna have to sell some stuff to offset my spending 🤪

- Ring Fit Adventure: finally pulled the trigger on this one with the first time shopper deal on Google Shopping, got it for $70, I've been wanting to get back into working out and this was what I needed. I love it. Extremely innovative and it actually makes exercise fun. 

- Retro City Rampage I got in a trade

- Shakedown Hawaii I got from eBay, then I find out the next day Vblank is having an early Black Friday sale. So I'm getting the collector's edition in the mail and then I'll eventually sell one or the other

- Rogue Legacy, Freedom Planet and Bomb Chicken were all on my wantlist, and I found a great opportunity to get them for $95 + tax on Mercari, so I had to take it. They came with the cards too, all sealed, from a great seller I would buy from again. 

- Collection of Mana for $20 in an early Black Friday Deal

- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 from the same trade as RCR

- Downwell finally arrived, I thought I had gotten it before but that was another game. 

- And then, I finally got my first and probably last Buyee shipment. It was one of those bucket list things. I got the Wii SFC Classic Controller, the Club Nintendo 2011 desk calendar, an indigo/clear GC controller, the Mario hat DS game rack (something I wanted for a long time), the Peach music compilation, Korg M01, and (not pictured) a Mario hat DS case. Finally knocked off some Club Nintendo items I should have picked up years ago! With fees and shipping I didn't really save any money on most of these items, but I was able to get some stuff that is harder to find on eBay. 

- Tornado - Not a good game, but it has a slipcover, got it off eBay

- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey was the last game I needed to complete the Mario & Luigi set, another early Black Friday deal

- And lastly, the two GBA games, Hello Kitty Happy Party Pals and Connect Four / Perfection / Trouble, were from a local FB marketplace listing. A lady was selling these sealed for $5, but she was a little too far to drive, so I offered her $10 to ship them to me. She said in her listing that she wanted them to go to someone who would open them and enjoy them, and I was down with that. Unfortunately she mailed them in a padded envelope so they got a bit crushed, but these are worthless so who cares. My kids love Connect Four and they will probably enjoy the Hello Kitty game too. Also it's fun to open old sealed games, you get to smell the past. 

D763C54A-2CD1-46E8-89F4-219C0F0B0F73.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
Added descriptions!
  • Like 2

I found on Mercado Livre this lot of Brazilian GBC games and even though I already had Dexter I decided to buy it and luckily the Dexter's box on this lot is a lot better than the one I already had.

aZy0Kkbh.jpg

And my main purchase is definitely this one: an US version of Metal Slug X for Neo Geo AES.
It's the most I've ever spent on a single game but I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
I can't wait to play it and display it on my shelf.

TXDRYPKh.jpgVEJ4Q8Lh.jpg

• Like 6

Traded a hand me down chainsaw for these games. Craigslist AD. The only wanted $95 for Earthbound which is a deal but I still didn't want to spend cash. At the end of the listing they also noted they would trade for a chainsaw. Had a chainsaw that had been sitting in my shed for the last 5+ years cant even recall. I met with the seller at his place about 15 minutes from me and watched him spend a half hour trying to get the chainsaw to start which he eventually did and even test cut some logs with it. He told me he has a chainsaw addiction and this will be like his 12th chainsaw. I literally saw multiple chainsaws laying around the garage and even outback. lol. He is a picker and the SNES games were a recent "barn find" he told me. We agreed on EB and Contra III. I did not have a security bit with me but I have been doing this long enough to know what a legit EB label looks like and was not worried at all. Got it home and opened it up and cleaned it and tested fine and the battery was still good with a couple save files still on it. Honestly the whole thing was alot of fun. Beats spending money for stuff these days. Was a nice win I think. For me anyhow. The things we do. 🙂 

FB924E77-C0CA-44A3-BA21-570FAE78BA4F.thumb.jpeg.819d5f05b028d6d9380e562e2b16cd84.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

Traded a hand me down chainsaw for these games. Craigslist AD. The only wanted $95 for Earthbound which is a deal but I still didn't want to spend cash. At the end of the listing they also noted they would trade for a chainsaw. Had a chainsaw that had been sitting in my shed for the last 5+ years cant even recall. I met with the seller at his place about 15 minutes from me and watched him spend a half hour trying to get the chainsaw to start which he eventually did and even test cut some logs with it. He told me he has a chainsaw addiction and this will be like his 12th chainsaw. I literally saw multiple chainsaws laying around the garage and even outback. lol. He is a picker and the SNES games were a recent "barn find" he told me. We agreed on EB and Contra III. I did not have a security bit with me but I have been doing this long enough to know what a legit EB label looks like and was not worried at all. Got it home and opened it up and cleaned it and tested fine and the battery was still good with a couple save files still on it. Honestly the whole thing was alot of fun. Beats spending money for stuff these days. Was a nice win I think. For me anyhow. The things we do. 🙂 

FB924E77-C0CA-44A3-BA21-570FAE78BA4F.thumb.jpeg.819d5f05b028d6d9380e562e2b16cd84.jpeg

There is nothing.... NOTHING that could ever get me to answer a craigslist ad in which I was being instructed to BRING A FUCKING STRANGER A GODDAMN CHAINSAW

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Snagged a couple big ones including a pretty nice Sqoon box.

IMG_20191130_235943.jpg

Some uncommon variants: Buzzsaw Promo Goal!, No-Promo Ring King, and Circle SoQ Athletic World with Bottom Flap Title

IMG_20191201_000033.jpg

IMG_20191201_000048.thumb.jpg.cf94973b5799d75b77c3002388dfa76c.jpg

And a huge one for me: finally found a Blue Blemmyae. The original Pocket Monsters are finally together! 😭

IMG_20191201_000232.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

I didn't know, that figures from Monster in my pocket comes in different colours! 🤔

Yep, there were four colors. They were probably produced in equal quantities and inserted at random. There has been some speculation that some colors were more common, but I really don't think that's the case. It would be awesome to find someone who was in the marketing department for either company to confirm, but I don't get paid for private detective work.

• Like 1

Nothing too wild from the past week. Decided not to buy too much on Black Friday, I figured the items I passed up will go on sale again or I might be able to land them in trades. Pictured:

- Caved and bought a used dock set, it’s not in the best condition but it works and won’t brick my system. I have two screens on opposite ends of my house and can’t be disconnecting my dock all the time!

- CTR and Overcooked 2 were $15 each Black Friday deals. My kids immediately fell in love with Overcooked 2, we’ve been playing it daily. CTR I’m not sure about yet.

- Rocket Slime I bought at a decent price, finally found a CIB copy with no blemishes aside from the case plastic which I can always swap

- The two FEFs I got in a trade, I’m close to a complete FE set but sadly I’m missing the GBA games which aren’t cheap and Three Houses

3D9AE7DD-A081-4EBF-A7B4-3BF92B2E5009.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
Typos
  • Like 4