IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Ooooh NP 136, nice, one of the very very few I have in the triple digits, it's a solid issue.  Don't blame you for getting that at all.

Once I can get some images taken I have some pretty cool related (non gaming) spread over a couple days a few apart, old brand new sealed up Star Trek Hallmark ornaments.  Range from $2-5 which is a steal new or used given they're one and done each year. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This has arrived today, and it ends my 9 year quest to own one. 🤓

Long story short, I wanted this ever since I first saw it in 2012. With the one I looked at being a clear AFA 90 to 90+ specimen. For $180 via an eBay seller. And only passed because I did not want to collect anything tied to Optimus Prime that year. Since then it became a "holy grail" every time I was interested in collecting again.

C307XNQSC.jpg.1942526edb10efc7f61069569afd6d26.jpg

And then I found this on Mandarake. Their SAHRA branch had it listed for 20,000 JPY* (before shipping). It has minor shelf wear and a small tear that is limited to the back of the flap. Which is fine because this item came out in 2001, with an estimated (according to SHMAX.com) 1,000 pieces being made. Plus it looks to be AFA 80+/85 overall. 🙂

Now the question is if I should submit it to AFA or CAS. 🤔

Edited by FenrirZero
*: Not the price I paid in the end. :)
  • Like 7

Well given what Mario 64 went for, that right there is the difference to some money launderer of a cool million and a million and a half easy. 😉

That said I was able to grab what I was talking about earlier, this is what I was on about, it was picked up mostly in the last week, though one (1701-A) was about 2mo back for $10 I threw into the mix.  The others next to it in back was the earlier grab a few days back $9 for the set of those, the bottom row was $19.  Not imaged found this odd plushy from Japan about a foot tall, not sure what that is for $2 but it's new, tag on it, banpresto supa dx something, $2 worth of curiosity to me.

These are all new ornaments.  Back when they came out I did end up with the old shuttle galileo(still have it, box gone) and the TNG bird of prey (boxed still) I pull out each year.  Wife is fed up with kitchy hallmark licensed stuff, so I bough this 20light strip last season and hung them in my room so now I have more.  Not 100% on keeping the 3 character stand alones though, don't fit with the rest of what I have.  Also forgot, but early this year for a couple dollars at this same goodwill too as these a new in box Freedom 7 rocket/launchpad ornament too that'll be out this year.

They had a LOT of them a full freaking tub, cars, bikes, dc, marvel, a lot of star wars, some potter stuff, barbie, lionel trains, etc it was nuts, and a few of my bird of prey though the rest were like 2008-2014 era stuff.  Someone had some overstock or a weird collection that got dropped.  Major money in that bin, you could drop a $100 there and ebay back nearly 6-10x that for perspective and I left it. 🙂

startrek-hallmarkfinds-july2021.jpg

• Like 9

THE GANG'S ALL HERE!

605960661_SkylndersGiantsFigures.png.795c5c02d30c2154da14253da3845a9a.png

I know a lot of people weren't into Skylanders, but there were a TON of people who were!

My collection of figures was donated to my niece seven years ago, but I wanted to get the old gang back together to play the Wii U version of Skylanders Giants. I was able to get the whole set of eighteen figures at a game store for $45.00, which is a hell of a deal compared to how much I paid for them as they were being released. ☺️

• Like 8

One of the most amazing games I played as a youngin' was this game called Out of This World back on the SNES... and was it mesmerizing! The beautiful backgrounds, cinematics, simplistic yet deep storytelling... as well as lovely music all added up to one of the few games I truly remember. Turns out I wasn't the only one! The game influenced Silent Hill, ICO, and many other games. Does it hold up today - graphically of course not, but in all the important criteria it sure does! A very short game too, you can finish it in under three hours, and it's still three hours well spent!

As one of my favorite games, I was stoked to pick-up the actual printing plate, a one-of-a-kind, used by LRG to produce card #198, which shows the iconic scene from the cover art 🙂

Another-World1.jpg

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 10

It's been an unexpectedly busy Switch week, and today specifically, a long awaited box from LRG showed up.

I backed Drifter, but was disappointed when the Vita version got scrapped. I love this game, so a physical Switch release was a no brainer for me. Rivals of Aether seemed like it would be fun, and I've been really intrigued by Panzer Paladin (and the artwork is beautiful).

i8MLjLm7Q1ywR7sE0TFWrg.jpg.216cc0d555ae1fe58306b0220db28026.jpg

Billion Road looked funny, Neo: The World Ends With You should be interesting and a sequel I never expected would happen, Darius Burst EX+ is another no brainer for me, and I've been a huge fan of Ace Attorney since the beginning (another one I didn't expect to see).

7egjU7ZmRgeD_7TgEhUzfg.jpg.ff58700937eaeb57cb1e8dfaa804fa10.jpg

When I went to EB, they had the Tsukino Amiibo I was missing from my last visit. Cotton was in (it's like the summer of shoot 'em ups!), and finally...Blasphemous...another game I backed and am a huge fan of...and was chapped I missed out on originally with LRG. Well, suck it scalpers, I got a physical copy anyway, ahahahaha!

My sister found Obra Dinn new at the pawn shop on the weekend for cheap, and I'd been talking about picking that one up, so she snagged it for me.

mP5wbV8wS3KwH2FS1QhoVQ.jpg.5888c421674d46993f1ef67ded4e0687.jpg

The real oddball that showed up though was this Mega Man Code Legend kit by Artec. They had a KS campaign about a month and a half ago that I found out about late, so I messaged them directly to back late and they hooked me up with a kit! I'm a huge Mega Man fan, like, favorite franchise and character huge, and I showed the kit to the kids and they were on board immediately. You build a motion controller, then program your own Mega Man games. It comes with staged workbooks (apparently authored by a renowned educator in Japan known for writing programming books targeted at youth) and is officially licensed with Capcom, so all the assets are there for building your own MM adventure (reminded me of Mega Maker in that regard)! The kids and I are excited for this one, and it's exciting for me that my son is really showing interest as it's been difficult to find things that engage him.

dmyA-RrkTmCVCRnWvRoWhg.thumb.jpg.e92230fdcced0b09fe906e9ff8896c83.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1

Today I picked up the starter pack of Skylanders Giants. I also bought some of my favourite characters from the first game that got new figures in the second. I got the starter pack sealed for $40.00, and the figures for $20.00. In total I've spent $105.00 on Skylanders Giants, which is less than the starter pack cost by itself when the game came out. 😘

119849666_Giantsplusseries2.png.30b23e0dfac4d074a71dfc6bf4b264d1.png

I was a big fan of weapon users in the first game, and I loved how the weapons fit their element types. I was hoping to find the guy who shoots fire arrows, but I had to settle for the flame sword. There are sixteen more OG characters that got new figures with new moves, but I'm really happy with what I have now. I think I'll stop here, and not go too crazy.

Though I would like to find the fire arrow guy. 🥴

Edited by AmandaCathedral
  • Like 7

I've got some new video game things recently.20210728_072045.jpg.6670dc66a6d14fcece61786e9056eae9.jpg

Now I'm sure that all of you are very impressed with my Bases Loaded purchase. You can pick your jaw up from off the floor now. Okay, in all seriousness, I've avoided Bases Loaded for the longest time because I see that game everywhere and I didn't see any need to buy it immediately. However, this time the game was only a dollar. So, I figured now I would bite. Not pictured here is the broken copy of RBI Baseball I got that will sadly have to go back to the store. But other than that, there's a couple cool games here. Surprisingly enough, Carmen Sandiego was actually the game I enjoyed the most out of this lot.

• Like 9

japsupergameboy.jpg.447338ca2178403416468634680519a5.jpg

It's been a little over a week since I last visited my local game store, so I decided to go back there today. I looked at the shelves for a minute or two, and didn't find much that I was interested in buying. But while I was browsing, the owner told me he had just got a Japanese Super Game Boy with the box, manual, and inserts. He didn't even have a price for it yet. He knows I like imports, though, and he sold it to me for $22 (Canadian). While a Japanese Super Game Boy is not overly expensive on eBay even if it's complete, I think I saved about 20 bucks.

airheadswatermelon.jpg.b68bdc8918840237bd5cfe1d943ebcdf.jpg

And, of course, I bought some more Candy while I was there.

• Like 11

On 7/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, FenrirZero said:

This has arrived today, and it ends my 9 year quest to own one. 🤓

Long story short, I wanted this ever since I first saw it in 2012. With the one I looked at being a clear AFA 90 to 90+ specimen. For $180 via an eBay seller. And only passed because I did not want to collect anything tied to Optimus Prime that year. Since then it became a "holy grail" every time I was interested in collecting again.

C307XNQSC.jpg.1942526edb10efc7f61069569afd6d26.jpg

And then I found this on Mandarake. Their SAHRA branch had it listed for 20,000 JPY* (before shipping). It has minor shelf wear and a small tear that is limited to the back of the flap. Which is fine because this item came out in 2001, with an estimated (according to SHMAX.com) 1,000 pieces being made. Plus it looks to be AFA 80+/85 overall. 🙂

Now the question is if I should submit it to AFA or CAS. 🤔

What exactly is it? I've been collecting Transformers longer than I've been collecting video games.

This month has been bad and I've had a hard time keeping track of all my pickups but here are some highlights: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Accidentally photographed the joycons twice but they do look nice right? 

spacer.png

Got these soundtracks from @LastCat and a bunch more I shared on my hunting thread: 

spacer.png

This was one I had kinda given up on but then it finally popped up: 

spacer.png

Not the best picture but I caved and bought these two plushes: 

spacer.png

And finally picked up another VHS for a good price: 

spacer.png

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

What exactly is it? I've been collecting Transformers longer than I've been collecting video games.

It's a 2001 Toys"R"Us Japan exclusive "C-307X" Nucleon Quest Super Convoy (with Powermaster Hi-Q). According to both Soundwave's Oblivion and Shmax.com Takara did a production run of 1,000 as a way to commemorate said store's 10th anniversary. And is the version that is wedged between his "Return of Convoy/The Battlestars" Star Convoy form and his Action Master form. Along with it being their first (and currently only) G1 Powermaster figure.

This was something I wanted since 2012 when I found out it was a thing. But did not make a more serious effort in hoping to find one as nice as the one I found that year in 2016.

• Like 1

I'm always looking for retro stuff to repair, and today I found those 2 poor NES... The seller said that they are both turning on (with the blinking problem). I have a lot of cleaning work to do 😀
(This forum should have a "repair" section 😛)

258218722_20210730_2152382.jpg.460885937b6a07bd782b4366a5eb01b3.jpg20210730_215613_2.jpg.9d9d6505df4363d51b0a34827f3fbee1.jpg20210730_215545_2.jpg.8d5b3a776553d8fe1de6826f1c3f10fb.jpg

I've also bought this cart, I'm not a big NES enthusiast so I have no idea if it's rare or not, but I like to have a non standard cart 🙂

20210730_215249_2.thumb.jpg.a311ef2ca6004aefd14346c0ed74240c.jpg

I'm rather happy with those finds, now I have to find some time to try and fix them!

Edited by Ulrizza
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Ulrizza said:

I'm always looking for retro stuff to repair, and today I found those 2 poor NES... The seller said that they are both turning on (with the blinking problem). I have a lot of cleaning work to do 😀
(This forum should have a "repair" section 😛)

We don't have an entire section but we do have a thread for repairs and restorations here:

• Like 3

Here's an update of things that arrived in the mail during the past week.

1458560366_WiiUgames2.jpg.bb2c4c936dacc3872bffca74c97f8a0c.jpg

Call of Duty Ghosts may seem like an odd choice, but I haven't played an FPS since Goldeneye on N64. I thought I would take the limited scope of the Wii U as an excuse to finally play something more modern. (Warfare)

2042536875_GuitarHeroLive.jpg.534d7c23a303d1831a105978cbdfea2a.jpg

The big issue with this game was finding someone who would ship it to me cheaply. At $40.00 with $15.00 shipping, I couldn't pass it up. It was sealed too, so I got to bust it open and see the Guitar brand new.

1722304615_GuitarHeroInnards.jpg.a838c0a8268ccaa1e7c888ae22336297.jpg

Activision loves their plastic toys. I guess I do too. 🥴

1536349824_Series2Skylanders.jpg.2d53e2f664bc3326c08ee8b8d8491865.jpg

More Skylanders. ☺️

I decided to look for the rest of the Series 2 figures from Giants, and re-build my entire old collection. The store I found the others at had another bin of figures I didn't notice, and I was able to pick up another set of eight for $2.50 each. There's still another store I can check, so hopefully I can find the rest the next time I go there.

Look! I found the fire arrow guy! 🥳

Edited by AmandaCathedral
  • Like 10

15 hours ago, bowser said:

We don't have an entire section but we do have a thread for repairs and restorations here:

Thanks for the link, it's a satisfying thread, I'll surely follow it 😊
I was more thinking of an entire section dedicated to help others to repair stuff, where each thread is a particular repair that could be useful for the others or a call for help for a specific problem. With a more technical accent rather than only the satisfying parts of the repair 🤓

• Like 1