IGNORED

Gameboy Insert/Poster Help - Does anyone have a breakdown or rough timeline to help me fill out some GB games?

Goodvibes

9 hours ago, austin532 said:

The first print of Kirby came with the plastic case, plastic bag, and plastic holder.

Thank you. Here’s the contents of the one I have. Based on my nes knowledge I would think this is not a first print kirby but if someone knows if these inserts are correct that would be awesome.

1D7D24E3-71A7-4645-89C9-AEBA6F321A6E.jpeg

I have the same inserts for Kirby except for the epilepsy warning. I'm pretty sure if you have an epilepsy warning then that's the first print, but I can't promise that. 

Super Mario Land matches mine. I'm pretty sure there are multiple versions of that release because it was reprinted multiple times over the years. The only thing I'm not seeing with yours is DMB-GB-USA which is a guide on inserting a cart into the Game Boy, but I'm not sure if that one was supposed to come with the game (got it from a lot where some inserts were mixed up). But with that poster and Nintendo Power insert I think it's a first print. 

TMNT I don't have CIB right now but I had that game growing up and those inserts look familiar. 

One way to compare first print Super Mario Land to later prints: your box for Super Mario Land has greenish screenshots on the back of the box. Later screenshots have the cleaner black & white look:

s-l1600.jpg

Also notice this box says "DMG P ML" over the barcode. Yours & mine do not. 

Edited by MiamiSlice

On 6/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, MiamiSlice said:

I have the same inserts for Kirby except for the epilepsy warning. I'm pretty sure if you have an epilepsy warning then that's the first print, but I can't promise that. 

Super Mario Land matches mine. I'm pretty sure there are multiple versions of that release because it was reprinted multiple times over the years. The only thing I'm not seeing with yours is DMB-GB-USA which is a guide on inserting a cart into the Game Boy, but I'm not sure if that one was supposed to come with the game (got it from a lot where some inserts were mixed up). But with that poster and Nintendo Power insert I think it's a first print. 

TMNT I don't have CIB right now but I had that game growing up and those inserts look familiar. 

@austin532 - do you think this insert Miami is referring to should be in super mario land?

1 hour ago, austin532 said:

I don't. I never got very deep with GB inserts as GB games were and still are hard to find CIB. All I know is they shared NP inserts from 89-91.

Fair enough, figured I would ask considering how well versed you are on the nes side of things. Thanks man.

16 hours ago, Goodvibes said:

@austin532 - do you think this insert Miami is referring to should be in super mario land?

I've been looking at eBay listings and some unboxing videos and I'm certain the epilepsy warning insert is for Kirby's Dream Land. No idea why this is. I haven't seen it with any copies of Super Mario Land. 

s-l1600.jpg

Only video I could find is a PAL version and doesn't start from sealed. Not very helpful, I know, but there's a similar insert: 

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Epic necro here, and you may have worked more on other threads, but I saw the epilepsy warning in two listings of SML recently:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294159483768

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174752967204?nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

It seems to be coded DMG-OOC-USA, though searching on that doesn't find much. It seems to be contemporaneous with the "I CAN CONQUER THE WORLD!" Nintendo Power ad (GP-DMG-USA) and "HAVE YOU HAD YOUR FUN TODAY?" poster/ad (with full-page Metroid II ad on the reverse) (DMG-USA-4).

It seems like you're pretty well covered on the Mario/Kirby front, so here are my TMNT games. I'm probably missing a registration card and Konami pamphlet for Radical Rescue (if it came with them), but this is what you'd be looking for for Fall of the Foot Clan and Back From The Sewers.

5oBnnBPGSxerfu-4NE9BRw.thumb.png.f02623abad70d1a0b082dc344031a514.png

TsD33wJqSYi5hq7JQVtWIw.thumb.png.05458d169cacf27b7de96c993433a980.png

U3lf3z_NRt2pXKNrDMjAyw.png.434892bab5a29f6bfd65061ecca969de.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a firm date when they switched to cardboard? I remember some of the first games I bought with cardboard appeared in 1995 like Kirby's Dream Land 2. The Player's Choice series, I remember premiering around the same time of 95-97, all use cardboard.

I'm also curious about the Natsume and Sunsoft reprints . They have cardboard. My Natstume reprints of Bubble Bobble don't have an updated copyright dates. Does anyone know when the Natsume and Sunsoft reprints were released?

• 10 months later...