IGNORED

Music Debate 43: Foo Fighters

Reed Rothchild

Rate 'em  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Score explanations in OP

Nirvana was one of my favorite bands of all time and helped me pick up a guitar.  Its incredible to think Dave struck gold twice.  I remember seeing "Ill stick around" in 95 still reeling from Kurts death.  It was really strange to see half of Nirvana play something else.  Thats when it really hit.  Anyway as a big music dork now, I think someone else nailed it that said their early stuff is incredible but got pretty generic.  I always thought the wolf climbing the mountain is always the hungriest.  Daves a solid guy, and the tunes, although mostly not my cup of tea anymore, are still solid.  Id have to give a 6 because I think that fits my criteria enough, although I would never pay to see them unless I was going to meet Dave.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

I think we need to do a metal band next week.  The question is, do I do one that is too heavy for you pussies, too weird for you pussies, too Fred Durst for you pussies, or too awesome for you pussies?

I promise to never call anyone a pussy anymore too

I think you go too heavy.  Don’t worry I’ll make sure to shit on it and tell you to go back to hot topic. 

I want to like them more than I actually like them. A few songs I enjoy, but nothing I would seek out. Interviews I've seen of Dave actually make me like them more, but musically they are pretty bleh. And I would actually pick Nickelback over Foo Fighters if they were playing on the radio at the same time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Nirvana was one of my favorite bands of all time and helped me pick up a guitar.  Its incredible to think Dave struck gold twice.  I remember seeing "Ill stick around" in 95 still reeling from Kurts death.  It was really strange to see half of Nirvana play something else.  Thats when it really hit.  Anyway as a big music dork now, I think someone else nailed it that said their early stuff is incredible but got pretty generic.  I always thought the wolf climbing the mountain is always the hungriest.  Daves a solid guy, and the tunes, although mostly not my cup of tea anymore, are still solid.  Id have to give a 6 because I think that fits my criteria enough, although I would never pay to see them unless I was going to meet Dave.

I dont listen to any old foo fighters anymore. Their newer music is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better . I find their old stuff generic. Listen to this album through. 2011. This band kicks ass. New stuff is actually pretty damn good. Wasting light top 10 album all time for me

and their newest album is pretty damn good too. Alot of different songs on concrete and gold. Alot more 80s influence in this one.

Concrete and Gold

If you give both of those an honest listen through, I find it hard to believe you could like foo fighters older stuff and think this stuff is generic and not as good. These 2 albums were game changers for me. So good.

Edited by Quest4Nes