IGNORED

2019 VGS Secret Santa official reveal thread

Secret Santa

First off I'd like to thank @captmorgandrinker(who's hearing this for the third time from me) and everybody else participating and/or helping from the shadows for making this wonderful event come to fruition.

Second... I'd like to point out that I'm not big on Star Wars... but that won't stop me from saying that the painting on my package is the one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Opening the mailbox to find this inside was one of the highlights of the year for me(goes to show how boring I am... oh well). And the contents are just as wonderful(of the Classic MM's, 8 and Bass are the only ones I haven't played so super happy for 8). A big thank you to my Secret Santa, who may or may not be Punkr13? (based on something mentioned this year plus scouring 2018's Reveal Thread... I could be very wrong though)

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Any Other Holiday That's Celebrated Now or in the Near Future VGS!  

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

My secret santa was @KokiriChild some ps2 games I didn't have and a dreamcast game I didn't have plus some rad pokemon cards. I absolutely love the drawing that was included in the card. I'm usually the one giving away artwork so I always love receiving some. Thank you very much and merry Christmas. 

As mentioned already the colorado crew got together and opened gifts as a group which was a really great time and something fun to be a part of that not many other na-ers could have done. @Murray @JamesRobot and @Richardhead. Peep that bag of organic fixed cauliflower and the fireplace on the tv in front of the actual fireplace! 

Merry Christmas VGS

FECAED5A-97D5-4538-A82E-4E103027A626.jpeg

F1885DA8-A8E0-4162-B3EE-C6E10CEB88AA.jpeg

956FE917-708D-462C-9242-1DAA594E288F.jpeg

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

First off I'd like to thank @captmorgandrinker(who's hearing this for the third time from me) and everybody else participating and/or helping from the shadows for making this wonderful event come to fruition.

Second... I'd like to point out that I'm not big on Star Wars... but that won't stop me from saying that the painting on my package is the one of the greatest things I have ever seen. Opening the mailbox to find this inside was one of the highlights of the year for me(goes to show how boring I am... oh well). And the contents are just as wonderful(of the Classic MM's, 8 and Bass are the only ones I haven't played so super happy for 8). A big thank you to my Secret Santa, who may or may not be Punkr13? (based on something mentioned this year plus scouring 2018's Reveal Thread... I could be very wrong though)

Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Any Other Holiday That's Celebrated Now or in the Near Future VGS!  

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

Yeah that’s a me! Mario 🙂 haha 

I always forget to put a note but make some art on the packaging. 
glad ya liked it and the games ( was trying to fill in those megaman titles )

And I guess the character is megamandolarian -or- megadolarian hahah

well merry Christmas to everyone too

-

My SS hooked it up and helped my n64 collection run. Got two titles from my list ( so close to finishing it up now )

and a cool Batman wallet 🙂

very happy with the stuff and thank you

20392F9C-F4B1-45BE-A693-25E903CE948E.jpeg

• Like 9

Thanks so much secret Santa. My daughter loved the gudetama drawing on the package. When I opened the package the only thing I could see was the lump of coal. That was a funny touch. I am very happy. I love this tradition! Big thanks to the organizer @captmorgandrinker Merry Christmas everyone! 

20191220_093851.jpg

IMG-20191220-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by JordyRamone
  • Like 8

First I would like to give a big shout out to @captmorgandrinker for pulling off another great year. Hope you enjoyed that Baileys buddy you deserve it. My Secret Santa was also a secret this year and boy did they hit it out of the park! I’m truly amazed at the level of thought that effort went into this gift. I have never owned a comic book before so thank you for making my first extra special!

SS2019.thumb.jpg.eb06e5a1a5576635339fd8b86655c952.jpg

Always a great time hangin' out and drinkin’ whiskey with the Colorado Crew.  @Richardhead @JamesRobot @SuperJimtendo

XMAS2019.thumb.jpg.0291e0d2a87a7382eacd9c82e3fe6bda.jpg

Thanks again Santa! Please feel free to toss me a PM so I can thank you personally. Judging from the liquor store receipt tucked away neatly in the bottom of the bag, you got great taste in booze!

Now if you will excuse me I’m going to fire up the ol PS1 and start playin’ space!

Murray Christmas everyone!

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

Glad to do it!   I wasn't planning on doing it again this year, but with all the kerfluffle with the NA stuff, I knew we needed to get Secret Santa off to a great start here on VGS.

It'll be a different Santa next year, but I'll always offer a helping hand to future Santas.

Also thank you to all of you for shipping things on time and only having to chase after a couple of you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

My Santa I believe is @TheDreamGSG and he came through in a big way, also thanks for the "special" gift that isn't in the picture I'll put it to good use in the New Year 

IMG-20191220-WA0004.jpeg

also big thanks to the Secret Santa for putting in all this work and making this happen

Edited by pseudomyxoma
  • Like 10

So I'm 99% sure my Santa was Murray, and DUDE you KILLED it! I appreciate you buying about half of the list I sent off, but a hand-painted Demonhead canvas too?!

I don't keep a lot of art around my games, but I made an exception for Clash at Demonhead years back because it's a favorite, and now I'm making another exception. (These will get onto the wall proper soon!)

Murray Christmas everyone! 😉 

IMG_20191221_212007.jpg

IMG_20191221_212021.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

@oshf Great! I'm glad you liked it! I saw you wanted to start collecting GB. Have a great Christmas! 

@8-bit_boice Wow! Thank you so much! The card was very nice. Thank you for all the games. And yes I still am into NES! Now my Ikari set is complete and I always wanted to play NES Qbert. I also somehow always missed All Stars. I'll have fun with these for sure. Have a great Christmas and thanks again!

20191225_125120.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, OwlLicks said:

So I'm 99% sure my Santa was Murray, and DUDE you KILLED it! I appreciate you buying about half of the list I sent off, but a hand-painted Demonhead canvas too?!

I don't keep a lot of art around my games, but I made an exception for Clash at Demonhead years back because it's a favorite, and now I'm making another exception. (These will get onto the wall proper soon!)

Murray Christmas everyone! 😉 

IMG_20191221_212007.jpg

IMG_20191221_212021.jpg

You are welcome sir! Glad everything made it safely. Yup that painting is a one of a kind @SuperJimtendo original! Looks pretty sweet next to that Action Set. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KokiriChild said:

Thank you so so much to my SS!! Absolutley amazing, I wasn't expecting something as great as Pikmin 2. Plus a Naruto game!! I'm going to be playing these before the end of the day 🙂

20191217_171400.jpg

This was from me actually. 😄 I’m glad you like your gifts! Pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games  so I’m happy to share it with you. Merry Christmas!

• Like 4

I’m not sure who my SS is but I’m very happy with my gifts! All three games are ones I’ve been after, plus I appreciate the candy and love the art! If you see this please let me know who you are.

Thanks to @captmorgandrinker for running the show again! You did an excellent job.

Merry Christmas everyone!

42B61EB9-53DB-44D7-AEB4-113B22418D4F.jpeg

• Like 8

Editorials Team · Posted

@spacepup had my name, and he was VERY GENEROUS. Everything was beautifully wrapped and padded; the packages in the picture contained smaller wrapped gifts, all peppered with Nintendo character stickers. I love Game Boy, I'm collecting lots of various subsets, and I'm thrilled to add all this to those collections! Thanks a million spacepup. Wayyy above and beyond.

hKvEcpo.jpg

pqEOYSm.jpg

BJOqL7f.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 3

2 hours ago, Foochie776 said:

I don’t have the games with me currently but @gutsman004 knocked it out of the park. He got me several (if not all) the games I’d mentioned wanting and the condition is fantastic. Added several NES and Genesis games to my fleet. 

You are welcome @Foochie776! You were my SS and you got me a bunch of titles on my list so thank you!

Also,I just realized I forgot to put one of your games in the box so I will send that out before the end of the week so be on the lookout. 

Here is the pic of the gaming goodness and a bonus pic of my video game tree. All ornaments hand made by me.

Thank you Secret Santa and everyone else involved with making this event so amazing.

1E2F850B-8E92-4CAF-94EA-53F269CCC022.jpeg

ECDFEDA4-FDB7-4FFE-AF39-258D02F00BFC.jpeg

Edited by gutsman004
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Big THANK YOU to my Secret Santa, @Vectrex28!  The top of my wishlist was "something unique" from one of the resident homebrewers and Vec delivered bigtime with a Nintendo copy of Saturn Smash featuring handwritten greetings and hand drawn artwork.  So dope!

b2gp18u.jpg

Horry sheet, that's AWESOME! I'm super jelly! 😮

ALL HAIL @LastCat!!!

Edited by ninjistar
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Richardhead for my secret santa gift. Got me some nes commons i lacked and a very nice assortment of manuals I needed. Love adding nes manuals to the collection. Also a complete in box snes tecmo super bowl which is awesome. Im inching closer and closer to a complete nes set. Also some little ninja and mech muscle men, poo pourie and a kiss condem gave me a chuckle. Also thanks capn for organizing this this year.

20191220_211016.jpg

20191225_170946.jpg

20191225_171421.jpg

20191225_171329.jpg

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, arnpoly said:

This was from me actually. 😄 I’m glad you like your gifts! Pikmin 2 is one of my favorite games  so I’m happy to share it with you. Merry Christmas!

Dang, I legit meant to tag you! I must have misclicked since I'm away and on my phone. Thanks again man, you made my Christmas very special 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
10 hours ago, 8-bit_boice said:

I don't know who my SS was but they hooked me up with an unlicensed game I didn't have! Pretty pumped because I was needing some motivation to start working on completing unlicensed subsets that I don't have and Tagin' Dragon was just that! Thanks SS!

IMG_20191225_092555.jpg

Phew, glad you liked it! @8-bit_boice I was your Secret Santa this year, hello 😄 I try to go for quality over quantity as best I can with these, and hopefully you're OK with that. Took me a lot of narrowing down to do, I looked through your whole collection, looked at all the unlicensed ones you didn't have, and I was getting a bit worried as I was nearing the end, and all the potential contenders either had no good condition ones online, or they were just barely out of my budget, but thankfully near the end of the list, I arrived at Tagin' Dragon, found a good priced one in very good condition and managed to snag it.

I would've loved to get you one of the 6-in-1's or something like that, and I totally would've, but that just doesn't fit within my budget unfortunately. Still though, hopefully this is an alright compromise 🙂 I know you keep your collection very up to date, but I consistently had this irrational fear in my mind of "Oh god what if the collection is wrong, what if he already has this one and I sent him a double, oh no" but thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year man, you deserve it, as do all of the rest of you folks in this thread 💚

I'll get to posting the gift I received here in just a bit. Also, I will add to what everyone else is saying by also thanking @captmorgandrinker for hosting this year's Secret Santa once again, did an absolutely fantastic job with it, as always 🙂

Anyway, hope all you folks drink plenty of 'nog, maybe light a fire, and have an alright time with your family and/or friends. Or hey, maybe spend it alone, nothin' wrong with that. Spend the time in whatever way makes you happy! Last holiday season of the decade after all, gotta make it a good one! Cheers to you all, and cheers to the 2010's, on to a new and exciting decade. Let's make it a good one! 🙂

Rosie-on-the-House-EggNog-Drinks-Cheers.jpg

fbd177536a0d7eaa30edba016f25238f--zelda-anime-legend-of-zelda.jpg

• Like 5