IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 1: 8-Bit Xmas 2018

Scrobins

850,835 - Skier

Just wanna make sure I get a score in before the deadline! On the one hand, I'm slowly improving, but on the other hand, I don't think I have the patience to put the time into improving. 😛

Also, how do I switch to snowboarder mode? I vaguely recall that mentioned somewhere once upon a time, but I can't remember. Does it affect gameplay at all?

IMG_20200117_002241445.jpg

Edited by ecmyers
Forgot to indicate mode
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2020 at 7:17 PM, DefaultGen said:

100% turned off the sound and started doing better. I have to get into a tapping rhythm for jumps and the music is distracting!

the music suuuuuuuuuuucks

also I just saw this/started this afternoon

B9230633-EC09-40A8-B595-B5F2EEC98080.jpeg.eb244fe37078f8d14b126c02061a7e79.jpeg

Edited by zi
  • Haha 4

Events Team · Posted

I'm happy to see that the Colorado Crew is rocking in the homebrew contest as well, though they ought to know a thing or two about skiing. Nice work Richie and James!

I wish someone got a snipe score to take the crown off Bert's hand, just for the drama. Aren't you tired of winning anyway Bert?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moderator · Posted
4 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I have one more score to post.  I have until midnight, east coast time, right?

And no, I'm not tired of winning.  @Bearcat-Dougcould post a score, but apparently he needs the practice for the NES Weekly Competition.

Attaboy! Yep you got till midnight

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

And no, I'm not tired of winning.  @Bearcat-Dougcould post a score, but apparently he needs the practice for the NES Weekly Competition.

That's the spirit of a true champion, take good notes folks!

8 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Unfortunately, I've barely even had time to check the site the last few weeks due to real life situations taking up all of my time and energy. I may miss the beginning of the contest season, but even if I get a late start, hopefully I can still earn a tournament spot.

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Amazing finish @bertsampson.

Hey thanks.  I got it down to where I could get around a million points every few minutes.  I was using a wireless controller and kept missing button presses, so I switched to a wired controller.  I kept wanting to see the bear come out and eat me like on the old Windows game.

• Like 1