IGNORED

Do kids today believe in Santa Claus as much as we did when we were kids?

austin532

21 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Mine is 8 and she very much still does, and we have no chimney so that isn't like a tip off here.  We don't explain how he ever breaks in over night, just that when she wakes up anything he brings is setup on the floor there, not even wrapped, and ready to go and whatever is in the stocking too.  We only wrap for personal non-Santa stuff, something the wife's family does and it seems easier having to do it that way.  She's also paranoid the elf on the shelf snitching her out as that has been kept up over the years too and moved every evening.

I just learned what the heck that elf on the shelf concept was a few days before last Christmas. True story. I imagine my daughter would assassinate that little bugger if I tried to set that up in my household 😛

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Not entirely true. Jesus actually ignored the gifts of the magi and played with the boxes they came in instead.

https://babylonbee.com/news/biblical-scholars-claim-jesus-ignored-gold-frankincense-myrrh-just-played-with-the-boxes-they-came-in

Ok ,whatever ..This article is by contemporary “scholars “,I choose to fellow the interpretation of Scripture of the ECFs .The men closest in time to Christ ,and His Apostles ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR

Just now, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Yes ,seriously ..Any serious student of Church/Christian history/ theology would take the writings of the Apostolic/Early Church Fathers as being FAR more reliable than any contemporary “scholar “..

No, seriously, you didn't get what Kguillemette's post was actually about?

7 hours ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Yes ,seriously ..Any serious student of Church/Christian history/ theology would take the writings of the Apostolic/Early Church Fathers as being FAR more reliable than any contemporary “scholar “..

I'm thinking that it is safe to say you didn't read anything I posted or linked to...

• Like 1