IGNORED

Alright nvm im sorry.

Nes Freak

Ok i can see this is tuning in to a hate thread.   i genuinely thought this guys response about asking if he was firm with his price ebay was rude and thought i should bring it up here as a warning to any one buying from him.  instead it backfired.  i admit saying he had a stick of his arse and calling on ebay was a bit much i am sorry on that. infact to any of you that got offended at my response i will send him an apology on that cause i really didn't mean for this thread to turn into this.

But a nicer response from him would have been "im firm with my price" or something like that.

Edited by Nes Freak

If that's the rudest reply you've ever gotten then you're doing pretty good.

They didn't get "rude" with you until you implied they had a stick up their ass.   I probably wouldn't be nice to you at that point either.   Their first reply I honestly don't see anything wrong with, other than I probably would have left that first sentence out.

Why wouldn't you at least make an offer first, then if they rejected it send your message?

25 minutes ago, Nes Freak said:

and trying to dominate him

Some people pay good money for that.

I agree with the others here though. He may have been a little over the top with how many words he typed, but I don’t think it was rude. I get kind of annoyed when I list something for a deal and people still email me to ask what my lowest price is.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

If that's the rudest reply you've ever gotten then you're doing pretty good.

They didn't get "rude" with you until you implied they had a stick up their ass.   I probably wouldn't be nice to you at that point either.   Their first reply I honestly don't see anything wrong with, other than I probably would have left that first sentence out.

Why wouldn't you at least make an offer first, then if they rejected it send your message?

i admit i have been lucky over the year on ebay. but still it was surprising to me.  i understand  about the offers part  ive had many crap offers over the years too.   like i said above i prefer to ask them in a message vs sending an offer because ive put in offer and lost the item.  sending a message is usually faster and ive never had a response like this till now.   he could have simply said  i'll do it for this price or im firm with my price.  i just felt his repose was out of line.

51 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Some people pay good money for that.

I agree with the others here though. He may have been a little over the top with how many words he typed, but I don’t think it was rude. I get kind of annoyed when I list something for a deal and people still email me to ask what my lowest price is.

well dominating wasn't my intention lol.  ive seen these cases for 150 in recent times.  that's why i asked.

1 hour ago, ookii_risu said:

I think if a listing has a best offer option, you should enter an actual offer. I think I would be miffed, too, if someone asked me what the lowest I can go is. 

yes but it doesnt give any reason for a response like that.  i get offers too i simply say im firm or  i accept or sent a new offer.  i don't talk down to the person and say its a somewhat offensive question or basically say i find one he doesn't get first.  

12 hours ago, Gutling said:

I would have blocked you and just ignored you after the first message. Then you go and cry and report him to ebay? Because some mean words, and you even said what is considered the first rude comment? Gonna add you to my blocked list as well.

You would have blocked me for just asking if you are firm with an item?  Thats over reacting.  and your current responses also over reacting.   i will say this  i showed this to my sister  which is a marriage family therapist  and she did agree with me.

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 1

I'm with you @Nes Freak. It seems like an overreaction from the seller. I've reached out to people with questions about pricing when they have a best offer and never received such a rude response. A simple, "I am willing to entertain reasonable offers. Please use the best offer function." would have been an adequate response. Anyone who has ever worked retail or customer service would consider your question among the most benign ever asked. You can't run a business and then get offended by people trying to get a good deal; this is literally how buying/selling works. And if you as the buyer aren't doing everything in your power to get a good price, then you're not doing it right. When sellers get offended by "lowballing," I just grin at the absurdity of it all.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm with you @Nes Freak. It seems like an overreaction from the seller. I've reached out to people with questions about pricing when they have a best offer and never received such a rude response. A simple, "I am willing to entertain reasonable offers. Please use the best offer function." would have been an adequate response. Anyone who has ever worked retail or customer service would consider your question among the most benign ever asked. You can't run a business and then get offended by people trying to get a good deal; this is literally how buying/selling works. And if you as the buyer aren't doing everything in your power to get a good price, then you're not doing it right. When sellers get offended by "lowballing," I just grin at the absurdity of it all.

heh..  well im glad some one agrees besides my sister...  but the majority of the responses ive gotten on here are luke warm or against me.  and that wasn't my intent so  i'll just back off on this one.  thanks though.

11 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

When sellers get offended by "lowballing," I just grin at the absurdity of it all.

This. Cracks me up every time. 

11 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

heh..  well im glad some one agrees besides my sister...  but the majority of the responses ive gotten on here are luke warm or against me.  and that wasn't my intent so  i'll just back off on this one.  thanks though.

I missed what you said and the sellers reaction. 

I would also be interested to read it, if you care to toss same PM my way. 

From what I currently see in this thread, I would not call this “a hate thread” against you. Gutling’s response might be called strongly worded but no one else’s. It seems possible you take these things more personally than they are intended. (thread replies and ebay replies)

Edited by Link

14 hours ago, Gutling said:

I would have blocked you and just ignored you after the first message. Then you go and cry and report him to ebay? Because some mean words, and you even said what is considered the first rude comment? Gonna add you to my blocked list as well.

I would have moved on after the sellers response to the first question. 
seller got bent when asked if he was firm on an obo item gtfoh. 

mad seller, why are you so mad? 😂

Edited by skinnygrinny
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Link said:

I would also be interested to read it, if you care to toss same PM my way. 

From what I currently see in this thread, I would not call this “a hate thread” against you. Gutling’s response might be called strongly worded but no one else’s. It seems possible you take these things more personally than they are intended. (thread replies and ebay replies)

i'll send you a pm.  its more i dont want to end up with a bad rep here tbh.

Again I don’t think you need to hide this. But thanks for sending it privately. Here’s my take: The seller did really overreact at first. Maybe he is frustrated and had too many low offers and similar messages. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he paid twice his asking price in the first place and realized that was a mistake. Maybe he really is just a jerk. Maybe he knows it’s rare, or maybe it’s overvalued. Whatever the case is, at that point, I would say you should have left it alone. Roll your eyes and move on. Just watch the item so you can see if he reduces the price later but not bother to engage further. I doubt he truly blocked you based on the first message. With the attitude that he took there is no way to recover and there was no point to continue, but you ended up escalating things for whatever reason. Chalk it up to a learning experience. 

49 minutes ago, Link said:

Again I don’t think you need to hide this. But thanks for sending it privately. Here’s my take: The seller did really overreact at first. Maybe he is frustrated and had too many low offers and similar messages. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he paid twice his asking price in the first place and realized that was a mistake. Maybe he really is just a jerk. Maybe he knows it’s rare, or maybe it’s overvalued. Whatever the case is, at that point, I would say you should have left it alone. Roll your eyes and move on. Just watch the item so you can see if he reduces the price later but not bother to engage further. I doubt he truly blocked you based on the first message. With the attitude that he took there is no way to recover and there was no point to continue, but you ended up escalating things for whatever reason. Chalk it up to a learning experience. 

no problem.  yeah i agree.  next time.  if there is a next time.  i will instead keep calm make my point with out being a jerk myself and move on.  thanks for your two cents 😛