IGNORED

Help verify earliest Super Mario Bros print run. We need your help!

This is from my matte sticker CIB game.  NES No TM, 5 Screw, Title TM

I also have others that I could open up if people were interested.  like pinball w/ famicom adapter, or most of those black box sticker games which I verified to match the correct box.

IMG_6756.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

Edited by FooFghtrs33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OH!  Nice!!  Thats what I was expecting to see.  Although the 5K3 might be hard to read, the 5 means 85 but cant tell what week.  Awesome.  Also good to see it has the first NROM revision 01.

BTW the 41st week of 1985 is Oct 7 to 13th 1985.

Edited by guitarzombie

4 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

OH!  Nice!!  Thats what I was expecting to see.  Although the 5K3 might be hard to read, the 5 means 85 but cant tell what week.  Awesome.  Also good to see it has the first NROM revision 01.

BTW the 41st week of 1985 is Oct 7 to 13th 1985.

5K3 is another YMW. So, it's the third week of October 1985 or 8543. That's Oct 21 to 27th 1985 which is the latest chip. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FooFghtrs33 said:

This is from my matte sticker CIB game.  NES No TM, 5 Screw, Title TM

I also have others that I could open up if people were interested.  like pinball w/ famicom adapter, or most of those black box sticker games which I verified to match the correct box.

Actually Foos could you show us some others?  I think it'll give a good cross section for dates.  Maybe its possible that Oct 18 was the 'official' date but the games didn't really roll out till early Nov.

29 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Isn't K November? So 85 November Week 3, meaning it probably didn't get to store shelves until the 2nd/3rd week of December.

I had to double check but it looks like "I" is skipped.  Prob not to confuse with a 1 or something

http://telcontar.net/KBK/tech/IC_dates

• Thanks 1

It does, but it was printed earlier than SMB.  Def in time for Oct 85.  Also whats interesting is the graphics chip is different from the famicom version.  The program data is the same as the famicom version (Its code is HVC) but looks like they had to change the graphics for US audiences as it has the US stamp on it (NES).

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

It does, but it was printed earlier than SMB.  Def in time for Oct 85.  Also whats interesting is the graphics chip is different from the famicom version.  The program data is the same as the famicom version (Its code is HVC) but looks like they had to change the graphics for US audiences as it has the US stamp on it (NES).

They didn't want holier than though 'Muricans complaining that their kids were clubbing baby seals...

2 hours ago, FooFghtrs33 said:

This will be easier.  Here is a list and pics of what I have.  I have a couple more and will just bump when I get to it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zJV1bl7Ano-klmO4zLrxCoKn6Bc5ln-m?usp=sharing

Awesome!  Thank you!  I think this will help out a lot, as it'll be easier to pin some of these release date possibilities down.  Just glancing I think we can make an assumption that any Gyros, Hogans Alleys, Pinballs and Wild Gunmans with adapters are all first print or first releases.  Same with Stack Up as every copy has a converter and was never reprinted.  I could have sworn i've seen a Duck Hunt with a converter though.  That Duck Hunts date also looks like it was printed a bit after Oct 18th.  I wonder if that game was also in conjunction with SMB as well.

• 1 month later...