IGNORED

Rise of Skywalker Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

BriGuy82

Clone wars cartoons are legit solid. Give it a season or 2 . Once I got to end of season 2/season 3 I couldnt stop watching it.  It gets better and better. Its far from just a kids cartoon. Some of the coolest characters from star wars are in the clone wars series. Watching an episode in passing isnt going to do it. They start doing more multi episode arcs. Watch the series. Not random episodes. And you dont need to see the movie. Its pretty much just chopped up episodes. Here is a summary. Its the clone wars . Anakin gets ashoka as a padawan. There you dont need to see the movie they made. Which was just chopped up episodes you will see parts of in the show anyway.

Not to mention having already seen the mandalore clone wars story arc makes this past season finale of mandalorian final scene much cooler.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 5:47 AM, Californication said:

I've seen the cartoon once or twice in passing and like the art style, but I remember thinking they felt like they were made for kids. I could be wrong, idk.

Where as I am probably going to go rewatch the Batman cartoons because I think there might be enough there for adults.

I rewatched the Batman Animated Series with my kids and it is a lot less "tied together" than I remembered.

I thought it was fully sequential like Spiderman of the mid 90's.  But Batman only had a handful of smaller obvious arcs and was otherwise a lot of individual adventures.

Fun, for sure, just less epic than I remembered.

Spiderman, on the other hand, is way more elaborate with way more side characters than I recalled.

I've liked all the star wars movies and spin offs in one form or another, not a rabid fan per say and some where a bit better than others but thus far I have not seen any that didn't entertain me or I lost interest and in the end that's what it's all about. Just watched Rise of the Skywalker last night and it was just as entertaining as the others to me and I'll probably watch it again when the trilogy hits bluray 

Speaking of Clone Wars (which I have not watched yet but plan to) seems I read they are bringing it back in 2020 on Disney+ for 12 episodes to finish the series off guessing it was left open ended?

Edited by MuNKeY
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arch_8ngel said:

I rewatched the Batman Animated Series with my kids and it is a lot less "tied together" than I remembered.

I thought it was fully sequential like Spiderman of the mid 90's.  But Batman only had a handful of smaller obvious arcs and was otherwise a lot of individual adventures.

Fun, for sure, just less epic than I remembered.

Spiderman, on the other hand, is way more elaborate with way more side characters than I recalled.

I watched them all as a kid, but haven't tried them in over a decade.

Glad to hear they are still fun. I was actually thinking about finding Batman Beyond because I only watched an episode or two and then moving to Adventures of Batman if I enjoyed Beyond.

4 hours ago, MuNKeY said:

I've liked all the star wars movies and spin offs in one form or another, not a rabid fan per say and some where a bit better than others but thus far I have not seen any that didn't entertain me or I lost interest and in the end that's what it's all about. Just watched Rise of the Skywalker last night and it was just as entertaining as the others to me and I'll probably watch it again when the trilogy hits bluray 

Speaking of Clone Wars (which I have not watched yet but plan to) seems I read they are bringing it back in 2020 on Disney+ for 12 episodes to finish the series off guessing it was left open ended?

It wasnt really finished. They can do more with it. Last season was cut short.

Editorials Team · Posted

It's a good idea to wrap up the story arc for good. But given that, this last movie had to tie up as many loose ends as possible, with such a huge history both propelling it forward and tying it down. I'd say it was an impossible task to make Episode IX "perfect." But there were so many "bad movie" tropes that could have been avoided.

I rolled my eyes at the bad news/good news tradeoffs. Chewy is dead. nooo! Wait he's ok! Yayyy! C-3PO is wiped. nooo! Wait R2D2 very easily fixed everything! Yayyy! It looked like they were playing the "sacrifices have to be made for the greater good" card, which can be really powerful, but nope, they backed out of it.

And the Rey vs Kylo Ren lightsaber battle was a boring yawnfest because everyone in the theater absolutely 100% knew that nobody was going to die. Same with Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Lightsaber battles have turned into "you know nobody is going to die, so the suspense is in wondering how someone will escape."

The kiss was undeniably garbage storywriting. Had no build-up and nothing became of it.

And what was with creepy Lando at the end? Talking to the girl, asking where she's from or who her parents are or something. "Well let's find out!"

watching the movie a second time made it better and the problems I had before arent near as jarring as I thought. I disagree that the rey kylo endor battle was boring. That was the best part of the movie. Especially the end

Spoiler

. He clearly was stronger than her and one step ahead the whole time  and when leia intervenes from kylo killing rey and she kills him, and then his redemption with han memory. It was the my favorite part of the movie.

Pretty much loved every scene with kylo/ben solo in this movie. Best part of the new trilogy

Edited by Quest4Nes