IGNORED

US Xbox Collecting Lists and Information

DefaultGen

22 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

So is "Individual Black Label Releases" the same as Xbox exclusives? Because I have a list of exclusives...as I'm going for just exclusives on the Xbox.

My list isn't great...a lot of it I got from multiple websites and doing a little digging on my own. But if you need an exclusive list...I'd be willing to share mine.

It just means one game and not a multi-pack of some kind. Most people would count something like Outlaw Golf / Sea Blade as a black label Xbox release, as well as the pack-ins like Star Wars / Tetris Worlds. This becomes a problem with the GTA games because Grand Theft Auto III and VC exist on Xbox, but only ever came out in the Double Pack and Trilogy box sets. I only like counting a game once, so I don't personally like having the Double Pack and Trilogy in the same list, because then I would feel obligated to lump all the different releases of every other game onto the list. So I count solo games in the individual releases list and box sets and special editions separately. GTA3 and VC did have an individual rental release which is how I justify it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@DefaultGen I'm really digging what you've started here, and honored and grateful for the shoutout.  I started my site because of the serious lack of information and to help promote sharing of knowledge.  I know that some people like to hoard all of the good info, but sharing like I have has helped me find a great network of like minded collectors that have helped me more than I could have done on my own, and for the most part I don't mind sharing the hunt because I know how obsessive I am and also that most people are going after regular games and not going to look into variants until they've finished the main stuff (kind of a weird sentence but hey...I do what I do).  That works for me since I'll be well ahead of them by that time.

Most of my site is built off of my phone (and honestly a huge pain), I then hop on the computer when time allows and attempt to clean up any formatting issues that I can.  I still have a lot of stuff I haven't had the chance to upload yet, but now my plan is to upload basic photos for everything and then accompany that with a video that goes into more detail.

I'm always open to suggestions because my brain can only handle so much.

Once again, thanks for this, I have learned a few more things which is awesome and look forward to seeing what others have to offer.

tPP

On 12/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, DefaultGen said:

DVD Movie Demo Set

Certain DVD movies came with Xbox demos you could play on Xbox

1. Doom (Unrated Widescreen Edition) - (Doom 3)
  2. Hulk (Special Edition) - (Hulk)
  3. King Arthur - The Director's Cut (Widescreen Edition) - (King Arthur)
  4. Robots (Widescreen Edition) - (Robots)
  5. Star Wars Trilogy (Widescreen Edition with Bonus Disc) - (Battlefront)
  6. Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume One - (Battlefront)
  7. Star Wars: Clone Wars - Volume Two - (Battlefront II)
  8. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen Edition) - (Battlefront II)
  9. The Chronicles of Riddick (Widescreen Unrated Director's Cut) - (Chronicles of Riddick)
  10. Van Helsing (Widescreen Edition) - (Van Helsing)

Didn't know about these until the other day, and it's awesome to find a list for these.  Something else to obsess over.  At least this is an easy one to knock out, until more are found.  Thanks.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 6:59 AM, thePiratePimp said:

Speaking of HTF, I've made a video of a recent find for probably the rarest OGX title out there.

Yeah, yeah, I updated my list with your ultra rare, one of a kind game 😉 I can't keep up with every major variants like this, and you guys are posting even minor sticker nonsense I've never seen. Thanks for all your hard work!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking into Steel Battalion variants, based on the very quick look at things, the green controller seems to have came in a shipping box that says M45-00001. The blue controller seems to have came in a shipping box with a M45-00004 sticker on it

spacer.pngspacer.png

The green controller comes in a plain box, the blue controller almost always has 2 circular Xbox Live stickers on it, one on top, and one of the top center of the flap side.

spacer.pngspacer.png

There are (at least?) 4 matching serial numbers on Steel Battalion: On the outer shipping box, on the outside of the green box, on the top cardboard layer inside the green box, and on the bottom of the center segment of the controller. Of the few controllers I've seen, the blue serial numbers come after the green ones, which obviously makes sense.

I did find one blue controller in a box without XBL stickers but couldn't confirm the serial. It's possible it's incorrectly paired or it's evidence that only some blue controllers had XBL stickers. The rest of the data matches the pattern so far.

Serial Buttons XBL Stickers Shipping box no. Notes
SB100116090 Green No M45-00001 DefaultGen
SB100165937 Green No - DefaultGen
SB100457100 Blue - - DefaultGen
SB100408690 Blue Yes - ThePiratePimp
SB100045260 - No - Dan, sealed
- - No M45-00001 Not 100% sure if correctly paired
- Blue No - Not 100% sure if correctly paired, only blue I've seen without XBL stickers so far
SB100083255     M45-00001 Not 100% sure if correctly paired
- Blue Yes - Not 100% sure if correctly paired
SB100474107 Blue No - Not 100% sure if correctly paired
- Green No - Not 100% sure if correctly paired
SB100129090 Green No - Not 100% sure if correctly paired
SB100472400 Blue - -  
SB100144895 Green No - Not 100% sure if correctly paired
SB100002782 Green - - AshEvent
SB100037777 TBD TBD - Johnny
SB100058451 Green No - vgcollectaholic
SB100427752 Blue Yes - vgcollectaholic
SB100314649 - - M45-00001 (sticker) Sealed (from France)
SB100312987 - - M45-00001 (sticker) Sealed

-----

I'd like to find out if there was ever a green controller packed with XBL stickers. With this info anyway, you should be able to tell the variant without opening the box, even if it's sealed in the factory shipping box.My guess is the SB1000-1001 is green, 1004 is blue. There appears to be an SB1003, so there must be a cut-off somewhere.

Edit: Damn I found a picture of what looks like SB100312987, M45-00001 box, but with a sticker! Unfortunately it's sealed so I'm not sure of the color

spacer.png

And this SB100314649, also a factory sealed shipping box, this time from France. A frustrating mystery. Hmmm.

spacer.png

Neither the regular or Line of Contact PAL release of the game seems to have these SB serial numbers on the box. At least in the Line of Contact set (blue buttons), the serial number format is also entirely different, so I don't think it's a French thing:

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just poking at things a bit. This is messing me up. Should "Midway Arcade Treasures 1" count as a unique black label release? What do you Gamecube people do? This currently isn't on my list. I brought it up to someone as a joke, but now it's been bugging me because it really isn't that much different than Stadium Events / World Class Track Meet or Chavez II / Boxing Legends of the Ring or ESPN Whatever / 1Xtreme. It's a re-release with a technically different name. I love separating out box sets and collectors editions and variants into their own lists, but when a game has a unique name I like to count it. Hmmm.

It is hard to define a good set of rules that I like for every release on every console.

spacer.png

Also I hadn't considered this before, but I guess the contest-winner Psychonauts disc would be a variant. I've of course never seen this and imagine if it was found it was cashed in for the prize. That's some holy-grail level contest stuff right there though, like a Vectorman cartridge that's a $20,000 winner.

spacer.png

Edited by DefaultGen

On 7/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, DefaultGen said:

Just poking at things a bit. This is messing me up. Should "Midway Arcade Treasures 1" count as a unique black label release? What do you Gamecube people do? This currently isn't on my list. I brought it up to someone as a joke, but now it's been bugging me because it really isn't that much different than Stadium Events / World Class Track Meet or Chavez II / Boxing Legends of the Ring or ESPN Whatever / 1Xtreme. It's a re-release with a technically different name. I love separating out box sets and collectors editions and variants into their own lists, but when a game has a unique name I like to count it. Hmmm.

It is hard to define a good set of rules that I like for every release on every console.

spacer.png

If you count name changes as unique, then I think you would count it. Personally, since this is the same game just with new box art and name, I would say it's a variant.

Also, I feel your pain on defining a good set of rules for every release on every console. I think the Atari 2600 has broken me completely.

I consider it a variant too, love different art.

I was going through some of my Xbox stuff and found this copy of dead to rights that I got as a pre-order bonus with breakdown pretty sure from gamestop. I remember preordering specifically for the extra game but when it was all promoed' up I couldn't open it and stashed it away thinking it would be worth something one day.. honestly just think it's a cool part of my collection now haha

20200712_112815.thumb.jpg.24d85a06d60e37c13a118033b88e2e49.jpg

20200712_113011.thumb.jpg.c96f6ed69ecfb9a381c9fec9a66a8497.jpg

The back had a hangtab and drilled out barcode as well.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2020 at 8:52 AM, drxandy said:

I consider it a variant too, love different art.

I was going through some of my Xbox stuff and found this copy of dead to rights that I got as a pre-order bonus with breakdown pretty sure from gamestop. I remember preordering specifically for the extra game but when it was all promoed' up I couldn't open it and stashed it away thinking it would be worth something one day.. honestly just think it's a cool part of my collection now haha

The back had a hangtab and drilled out barcode as well.

I have this one as well, sticker on the front and burned upc on the back saw another one (maybe this one) listed on ebay not too long ago for a great low price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thePiratePimp said:

I have this one as well, sticker on the front and burned upc on the back saw another one (maybe this one) listed on ebay not too long ago for a great low price.

Naw wasn't me, I'm over halfway on the full set so it's the long haul now bahaha.

I noticed on my copy it seems like there was a printing error on the Xbox logo top left, missing the shadow? 

wondering if that's on your copy? and then further speculating they may have decided to throw these misprints out as promo items?

Edit: I found the sold eBay one and I am also seeing the same printing error!!

Edited by drxandy

14 hours ago, drxandy said:

Naw wasn't me, I'm over halfway on the full set so it's the long haul now bahaha.

I noticed on my copy it seems like there was a printing error on the Xbox logo top left, missing the shadow? 

wondering if that's on your copy? and then further speculating they may have decided to throw these misprints out as promo items?

Edit: I found the sold eBay one and I am also seeing the same printing error!!

I'm up to around 600 now, but I only buy games from people when I can get them bulk and cheap.

Mine matches yours, and when I compare it to other PH titles, all of the green seems darker than the other titles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Great list! I actually just joined the forum because of it. I recently started collecting for Xbox again and it’s a great guide. Luckily I’m only going for the CE/LE/SE games, black label games, and unique games such as the combo packs/Ph combo packs. Going for the variants and preorder bonus stuff would hurt my brain too much lol

Edit: Also, you list Silent Scope Complete in the bundles section, is there any version that actually comes bundled with the game? Ive only seem the gun bundle that says software not included on the box 

Edited by Ghkilla805
  • Like 1