IGNORED

Funcoland Memories

MovieTom

ah funcoland....  first game i remember getting from there was starfox 64.  i had to decide weather i should get  it used or new.  i got it used cause i couldn't afford it new.  its where i got a lot of my first n64 games.   i also remember selling my genesis a few games to help get a GBA when it came out. (only time i sold my game to get a console)  but then gamestop bought them all out shortly after.

I don't remember going to Funcoland much as a kid. The mall had a Babbages on one end and an Electronics Boutique on the other along with a Toys R Us across the street so that's where any new games I got came from. My main memory of Funcoland was later on going there to buy loose NES games that they had in a dollar bin when you first walked in the door. Every game was $1 except SMB 3 was always $5.

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't remember going to Funcoland much as a kid. The mall had a Babbages on one end and an Electronics Boutique on the other along with a Toys R Us across the street so that's where any new games I got came from. My main memory of Funcoland was later on going there to buy loose NES games that they had in a dollar bin when you first walked in the door. Every game was $1 except SMB 3 was always $5.

My mall had the exact same setup.   Gurnee Mills in Gurnee, IL.

Mixed feelings. Great for buying, shit for trading. Like others, I wanted that new PSX (refurbished with a metal fan in my case). Well, Christmas 96, Danbury, CT, they gave me $2 for my NES console and really not much for a solid collection of games. I realized the error of my ways by around 01-02 and started collecting.