IGNORED

Hogan’s Alley sticker seal

Link

I’m just back from the post office. I noticed that one of my CIB games had a sticker seal so I decided to sell it. I don’t usually sell games, btw. Usually, when I try to sell something (not a game), it sits forever at BIN. I recently did an auction for games and it went for way less than I wanted. So I decided to post a BIN, a little higher than other copies and see what happens. I used all the right key words in the title (black box, matte sticker seal, hangtab) but I didn’t expect it to sell in under five minutes! It’s Hogan’s Alley and the box is pretty beat up. Still, at $40 free ship, obviously I under-priced this. By how much? 

E024E5BB-6B79-4073-9CA6-A5C39BF65B4F.jpeg

4E476A97-6F36-4F2F-937A-33C98D7AAEAD.jpeg

608CF2CA-F2F7-4F7B-A7A1-E61C1FB58DE1.jpeg

F3F99A23-8B92-4373-9805-5DD45264270D.jpeg

C3EA0E96-5524-4576-9BE4-368C94A32F4D.jpeg

9C55DC6A-C941-46ED-9B34-FD7EA1ABAB58.jpeg

E26D3DB3-CCAE-4B42-9438-99FFECC09C45.jpeg

Edited by Link
plain text?

45 minutes ago, FooFghtrs33 said:

technically is the wrong manual for the game

Ha! I should look at my other copy and see what code that one has. I didn't even think of it.

24 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think this is the lowest value sticker seal game

That's what I figured.

Not a fortune, but $200 is a lot better than 40. Oh well. I hope Chris in NJ enjoys it! 🙂 Thanks, guys. 

29 minutes ago, Link said:

Ha! I should look at my other copy and see what code that one has. I didn't even think of it.

That's what I figured.

Not a fortune, but $200 is a lot better than 40. Oh well. I hope Chris in NJ enjoys it! 🙂 Thanks, guys. 

That's cjmarq aka 2brothersgames. Hell have it up anywhere from 299 to 499 as my guess.

39 minutes ago, jonebone said:

That's cjmarq aka 2brothersgames. Hell have it up anywhere from 299 to 499 as my guess.

REALLY. So he has a selling account and a separate buying account (no selling feedback) as “fatherof3gamers”? That’s interesting.

Edited by Link

3 hours ago, Link said:

That's what I figured.

Next time I revise my will, I got you covered brother. Just don't murder me to get it early.

IMG_20191217_233335.jpg

IMG_20191217_233342.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaC said:

Why not just be honest and say "Oops, I didn't know this was worth so much, can I have it back?".   I mean tis the season.

Thank you for the support. I could try that. But 1) I was dumb and made a mistake. I knew this, just by the fact that it got bought within five minutes of the listing going up. Less time for the transaction to happen than it took me to write the title and description. If I was going to renege, that would be the time to do it. But I didn’t, and don’t, feel like that’s the right thing to do. That is why, even knowing I made a mistake, I went to the post office immediately. 

And 2) He obviously does this to make money, and he bought it fair and square at the price I set. I expect he would laugh in my face. I would do the same if situation reversed, although I would just be happy to get a swingin’ deal on something I wanted to keep. I’m not mercenary or slick enough to play like that. 

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

I'm sorry 549 was the magic number...

Screenshot_20191220-215401_eBay.jpg

Wow. He hasn’t even left feedback. I have. That is my real sore point in this. I have only myself to blame for selling so low. But feedback? The least he could do is toss me a bone and reciprocate after getting such a nice score. Now that, yes, maybe I will contact him about that. Thank you for the heads up.

edit: I even wrote “thank you!” in red pen on the shipping label and packed it super nice with easy-peel-off tape holding the bubble wrap around the box inside the shipping box. (Scotch tape with the end folded over and “pull” written on the tape to make it obvious... I hate having to break out a knife to cut extra sticky tape to remove tight bubble wrap, risking damage). Come on, dude!

Edited by Link

9 hours ago, Link said:

As long as I have this thread going, I found one more sticker seal in my doubles.... a Canada one. Mattel copy of SMB2. Is there anything close to similar interest level there, or is this a USA only phenomenon?

Unfortunately, "sticker seal" is jut the standard way a lot of the Canadian games were shipped towards the end of the console cycle.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Wow, I feel dumb. I thought the link below was the same item at a lower price. It is in fact a second copy of Hogan's Alley. I'm leaving the link so the following posts are not overly confusing.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F402017233528

Edited by DoctorEncore

Looks like he has now removed the sticker. Why would he do that? That seems strange. 

He still hasn’t left feedback for me. Of course, I haven’t asked. I try to be patient and display respect. I was about to finally ask him to when I saw the updated pictures.

Come on guys I have no dog in this fight but basic black box 101 you would now those are two different boxes.  Matte stickers don’t say void underneath.  Also that’s a non code book and before it was a coded book the OOP sold.  Finally look at his listings... you guys are comparing two different listings.  The OOP’s is still up but lowered to $449.95.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

Come on guys I have no dog in this fight but basic black box 101 you would now those are two different boxes.  Matte stickers don’t say void underneath.  Also that’s a non code book and before it was a coded book the OOP sold.  Finally look at his listings... you guys are comparing two different listings.  The OOP’s is still up but lowered to $449.95.  

Wow, I'm an idiot. I didn't know that about the void marking under the sticker seal. Thanks for pointing that out. Previous post updated.

Sorry to everyone for misidentifying the game in the link and for using my jump to conclusions mat.

Edited by DoctorEncore