IGNORED

Are Using Weapons/Items Cheating?

fcgamer

Castlevania and Mega Man both absolutely intends for you to use just your whip or buster for said bosses as a valid approach. Death is actually a really fun battle if you learn to fight it. It just isn't the only way to approach it.

They knew what they were doing. They wanted to give players an easier way through the game. Like I said earlier, these are games intended to be played over and over and over again, so they wanted to give people multiple approaches and ways to challenge themselves.

9 hours ago, peg said:

Yes, exactly, and I'm glad more and more people around here are actually waking up to this reality.  I was shit on all over NA for saying the same damn things for years

Yeah, in my experience it's a very unpopular "opinion" in some communities, and I'm glad to see other people here on the same page.
I think people are reacting like someone is telling them how to play (or not to play) a game, which is a bit of a misunderstanding. I'm really just trying to outline the difference between getting a game over, and not getting a game over. If it didn't make a difference, why would it be there? 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

That's my main problem in trying to get into Pokemon...in my RPG playing in general (DQ/FF mostly) I'm often a compulsive item hoarder.  Especially my first go around I only use the basic healing stuff that I know I can easily buy in stores and never use things like Megaelixir or such things like that because I figure like the 1-Ups in Zelda 2, there's only a very limited number and once used, it's gone for good.  I also try to keep at least one of each weapon/item/armor/shield/whatever.  So in Pokemon's case, I've so far (I'm only as far as the Lavender Town with four Gym Leaders/Badges defeated in Red/Blue) only used regular Pokeballs and not used any TMs because they too seem like one shot deals that can never be bought/found again so of course I don't want to use them.