IGNORED

What is THE game you wish had been translated?

Nintegageo

On 12/18/2019 at 5:14 AM, Sumez said:

Yeah I was talking about the original version included in the game. They also included SOTN, and that one featured a completely new translation.

The new translation of SOTN is garbage ,to the point it is almost comical..I do like the fact you can finally play as Maria ,although she is not the Saturn counterpart of Maria ..

1 hour ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

You can unlock the original game ,as I do own the PSP “Dracula X Chronicles..I do believe it is only a straight port through ,it’s been a while since I played it .You can also unlock the mini game “Peke “,by beating the “Boss Rush “mode 3 times . Originally it was accomplished by inserting the wrong system card into the PC Engine .. 

I was wondering if it was a straight port or if they dubbed the cutscenes in English since I'm pretty sure I found English cutscenes on YouTube that I watched while I was playing. 

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was wondering if it was a straight port or if they dubbed the cutscenes in English since I'm pretty sure I found English cutscenes on YouTube that I watched while I was playing. 

Yes you are correct. I just fired up my PSP and game ,and yes the cutscenes have been dubbed in English in the original game ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR

14 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Yes you are correct. I just fired up my PSP and game ,and yes the cutscenes have been dubbed in English in the original game ..

Good to know. I had a feeling since the YouTube clips I watched while playing the original version seemed to have been dubbed over from some version. Since that was basically an unlockable bonus, I'd still like to see it get released in English on the TG-16 classic. It's probably my favorite game of the franchise.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Good to know. I had a feeling since the YouTube clips I watched while playing the original version seemed to have been dubbed over from some version. Since that was basically an unlockable bonus, I'd still like to see it get released in English on the TG-16 classic. It's probably my favorite game of the franchise.

Hold on ..I just remembered my PSP has been modified with patches ,so that might have rendered the game in question with English patches ..I am not sure if that applies to the game being played in all PSP units ..Let me do some checking ,and I will get back to you ..

2 minutes ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Hold on ..I just remembered my PSP has been modified with patches ,so that might have rendered the game in question with English patches ..I am not sure if that applies to the game being played in all PSP units ..Let me do some checking ,and I will get back to you ..

Maybe that's where the English videos came from. I know they were the same cutscenes from the PC Engine CD version, but the voices were in English. I don't remember if it had the subtitles or not.

17 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Maybe that's where the English videos came from. I know they were the same cutscenes from the PC Engine CD version, but the voices were in English. I don't remember if it had the subtitles or not.

I did some “lite “research and apparently the original Rondo of Blood has both the English ,as well as the Japanese dubbing ....Which means one can select what language they want used in the cutscenes..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR

Just wanted to add that several of these games mentioned have received excellent translation readily available via romhacking.net.

And when I say excellent, I mean - in many cases - really excellent. Like up to the standards of official releases. So go nuts, and enjoy your games instead of waiting for something that may never happen.