IGNORED

What is THE game you wish had been translated?

Nintegageo

Anearth Fantasy Stories for the PC Engine.  There's been a few jp rpg's translated for the system but not this one for whatever reason, and since the u.s. side was very light on rpg's I've always wanted more.  The very last game Hudson published for the platform and you can absolutely tell as it looks gorgeous.  One cool thing about your character development in the game stems from your choice at the very beginning.  You're the orphaned baby in the snow in front of the church there and depending on who you choose to adopt you, determines the family you live with and ultimately what skill set you will have.

image.png.7eb2a60313b37451be1a2f5f18336294.png

The original PC Engine CD version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood since the cutscenes were in German and the subtitles were Japanese. I remember having to look up the translations when I played it so I could follow the story. Since it's on the game list for the TurboGrafx-16 mini, maybe it will happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

the cutscenes were in German and the subtitles were Japanese. I remember having to look up the translations when I played it so I could follow the story.

Only the intro is spoken in German, the rest of it is in Japanese.

Wasn't it translated for the PSP release? I recall it being so, but it's been a while, and I tend to return to the PCE one.

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

It was translated to English.  Unless you mean officially.  

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/280/

Official, of course! To be honest though, I never paid much attention to the Japanese exclusive market because I’ve always felt why want something you can’t ever have—JRPGs that will never be translated. But, I am a Squaresoft fan and this is the on title that has my most attention that we never got a translation of... yet. Live A Live is second.

Actually to answer just the opposite question I think it was kinda a blessing in disguise that Tales of Phantasia did NOT make it to the US.  Because I have no doubt it would've been heavily censored/watered down...you know like the later GBA version?

I think getting the PS2's Dragon Quest 5 over here would've been nice, as well as the SNES DQ's as well.  And maybe Snoopy's Concert (SNES); I was super impressed with how it looks just like the comics!

Edited by Estil

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

Only the intro is spoken in German, the rest of it is in Japanese.

Wasn't it translated for the PSP release? I recall it being so, but it's been a while, and I tend to return to the PCE one.

The PSP version was a remake although I think you could unlock the original version. 

• 2 weeks later...

If there is one game I could get the translation would be the Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI but with the Power Up Kit Expansion. Its one of my favorite strategy games and want more content but Koei will never make a English translation.

Also maybe a translation of RoTK IV on the 32x just to mess with the addon.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

The original PC Engine CD version of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood since the cutscenes were in German and the subtitles were Japanese. I remember having to look up the translations when I played it so I could follow the story. Since it's on the game list for the TurboGrafx-16 mini, maybe it will happen. 

x2

On 12/18/2019 at 4:14 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

The PSP version was a remake although I think you could unlock the original version. 

You can unlock the original game ,as I do own the PSP “Dracula X Chronicles..I do believe it is only a straight port through ,it’s been a while since I played it .You can also unlock the mini game “Peke “,by beating the “Boss Rush “mode 3 times . Originally it was accomplished by inserting the wrong system card into the PC Engine .. 

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR