IGNORED

What do y'all do to stay in shape?

Splain

On 12/18/2019 at 6:27 AM, jonebone said:

Probably closer to 1, just did the math.  I drink about 8 16.9 oz water bottles a day (continually refill it) which is 135.2 ounces and a gallon is 128.  It's really not that much once you're used to it, I've done it as long as I can remember at this point.

What I found was 4-5 liters is a pretty good average for me. I have a liter bottle that I carry around with me at work. I drink black(nothing added) coffee in the morning. 

I used to workout and bodybuild all the time to the point of 6% body fat and extreme training but last 2 years, real life took over with business and management and boy I lost it all. Boy, do I miss it. Trying slowly to get back to it. My dad is 63 and is in better shape than me with a six pack and all that, so I truly need to get back that motivation I once have. Right now only do cardio 40 minutes straight a few times a week to lean up my body in better shape. Able to burn around 500 calories this way. Then weights once again.

The main problem is, I LOVE sugar and it is so hard to stop it. I used to went nearly a year without any added sugar and that is the best thing you can ever do to lose bodyfat dramatically.

Edited by Skorp

Maybe 15 minutes of cardio plus pushups/ squats/ crunches/ etc while watching tv, etc. Plus I eat a lot better than I used to. Lots of fruit/ vegetables/ and lean protein now. I only drink water and coffee/ milk. I do enjoy some serious dessert, which is hard for me to want to cut back on. 

My job is pretty active, I move around 4-5 miles per day according to my step counter, so that helps. The added cardio and better diet have done wonders for my energy levels.