IGNORED

Majesco white label SNES games

bowser

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had a ton of NOS Contra IIIs on Ebay for something like $25-40 not too long ago (2017-2018). I distinctly remember the price dropped before they sold out. A friend pointed out a dealer with WF Wrestlemania at a con last week for $35 for me recently, because they knew I'm looking for one, which I passed on because of condition. I've gotten garbage titles (Jungle Strike) for <$10 on Ebay because no one wants them, although maybe they're more popular these days. No offense to Jungle Strike fans, I meant garbage in the collectible sense.

IMO they're interesting to hunt for but the people trying to get $100+ for this crap are dreaming. But hey who knows, maybe they'll be super collectible one day.

Edited by DefaultGen

I know Majesco cut every corner they could but I swear if I bought a title back in the day, opened it up, and found a game that looked like that, I would have taken it back on principle.

I can't believe they were able to sell crap like this.  It should be a major tip off to how cheaply they were made and I'm surprised people didn't assume they were bootlegs.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:11 PM, RH said:

I know Majesco cut every corner they could but I swear if I bought a title back in the day, opened it up, and found a game that looked like that, I would have taken it back on principle.

I can't believe they were able to sell crap like this.  It should be a major tip off to how cheaply they were made and I'm surprised people didn't assume they were bootlegs.

They wernt selling crap like this... sorta.

So basically these labels were put on games that were considered dead stock. Essentially when they decided they weren't going to produce any more retail copies, they put these labels on the remaining carts, put them in baggies, and sold them in bulk to distributors.