IGNORED

Possibly the Funniest Moment in Pro Wrestling History

Quaze

Ok I've spent way too much time watching and laughing at this clip over the past few days, and I just had to share it here in the hopes others will appreciate it as much as I do. I was raised on pro wrestling (WWF, WCW, NWA etc) and of the zillions of hours of wrestling footage I've watched, this 2 minutes has made me laugh more than any other 2 minutes. It is the kind of video where you don't just appreciate just how funny it is until you've watched it multiple times. In order to appreciate it fully, I ask that you watch it now with no further explanation and without continuing onto the paragraph below for maximum effect. Trust me the video is funny on first watch. Please watch now and come back to the rest of the post after watching the video once

The below to be read only after watching the above clip:

Ok, tell me that wasn't a fuckin' hilarious debut. A guy coming out in a sparkly-painted Stormtrooper helmet and big furry coat, basically looking like a randomized create-a-character from a video game, crashing through a wall and falling flat on his face, losing his helmet and botching the whole thing. Hilarious enough already, right? Now let's talk about some of the other not-so-obvious factors that made this moment hilarious:

- The moment the Shockmaster crashes through the wall, turn up the volume and listen to Psycho Sid and Davey Boy Smith in the background, both totally breaking character from the scripted moment. Sid says "I told you! Oh god!" As though he knew the crash-through-the-wall idea wasn't going to work, and he called it before he fell. Then Davey Boy Smith (the Shockmaster's teammate) starts laughing and repeatedly says "He fell flat on his arse! Flat on his fookin' arse!", totally breaking character and "kayfabe" for the moment. Too funny.

- Stevie Ray, one half of Harlem Heat, tries to stay in character and asks "Who is this muthafucka?" @ 1:23 in the background.

- Ole Anderson can be heard asking "did he fall? Ohh nooo, Oh no" over the mic meant to be used for the Shockmaster's voiceover.

- Apparently the moment The Shockmaster crashed through the wall and fell, the entire team out in the Audio/Video truck exploded in hysterical laughter at the situation, including Ole Anderson, who was supposed to do the scary-sounding voiceover for the Shockmaster over the PA system at that moment. He was laughing so hard he totally missed his cue to speak, and left the Shockmaster just standing there awkwardly making tough gestures for a few seconds after he got up from the fall. At 1:41 Ole's mic finally cuts in and he audibly laughs and says "c'mon" in the scary Dr. Claw voice, apparently pleading with the rest of the people in the A/V truck to shut the hell up and pull it together so he can cut his voiceover without laughing. The little laugh right when his mic comes in is probably the funniest part of the whole thing, but you'll likely miss it entirely on the first watch.

- Psycho Sid and Colonel Parker keeping in character, with Psycho Sid trying to save the segment by screaming and keeping kayfabe seriously deserves an Oscar, I have no idea how he did it. Same with the Colonel, he just kept saying things like "look at the size of this man!" and generally ignoring the hilarity that just played out.

- @ 0:56 Ric Flair dips out the back door and they leave a cardboard cutout in his place for the rest of the scene (this is especially visible at 1:12) 😆

Anyways just wanted to share the funny moment with you, chances are this will be much funnier if you're an old-school wrestling fan, but I'm sure you'll get a chuckle out of it even if you're not😁

Edited by Quaze
  • Haha 1

I love that it was such a disaster that they IMMEDIATELY changed his character into a bumbling buffoon.  Its really hard to find but if you can find his 'newer' entrance music, its basically popular guitar songs playing badly and out of tune.  Day Tripper Johnny B. Badd and I think Smoke on the Water.  All from the brilliant mind of Dusty Rhodes!  Dusty gave him this gimmick to help him out since Uncle Fred is Dustys brother in law.

Sid also had a shoot interview where he said he saw them building the wall and told them about the beam and they didn't listen.  Which is why when the Shockmaster falls its SID that says "I told ya... Oh god".

I should also note this was shown on LIVE TV!  I still want to know who says "Shockmaster, ALRIGHT!".  Sid was fired a couple of months later for nearly stabbing Arn Anderson to death.

Edited by guitarzombie

2 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Lots of Scott Steiner promos were priceless.

Image result for scott steiner gif fat

he belongs in the promo hall of fame for everything he's said after 99.  I saw him at wrestlecon and wanted to get his math promo shirt from him but they didn't have it in black.  He actually didn't look as big as I remembered and I said to myself 'Shit I think I could kick this dudes ass' haha.  For the record I would never because he's a beast. 

1 hour ago, Br81zad said:

Guys, watch the video again. @ 0:56 Rick Flair dips out the back door with the maid and they leave a cardboard cutout in his place for the rest of the scene  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahahaha, I totally forgot about that. Added to the OP list of hilarity😆

14 minutes ago, Bear85 said:

I’ll one up you a funny wrestling moment 

This one is hilarious, it's just not as deep as the Shockmaster's debut! ...But man, at 0:39 when Michael Cole says in a completely serious voice "That may be the greatest moment, in Royal Rumble history!" I almost spat out my coffee.

Edited by Quaze
  • Like 1

I have to admit, I've been getting a good chuckle out of the Shockmaster bit (which I was previously unaware of) all day.  However, I got a renewed bout after finding THIS!

Mattel-MattyCollector-SDCC-Exclusive-WWE-Elite-Figure-Shockmaster-7.thumb.jpg.a7b733613604565a145a746da7f0982d.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!  Apparently this was a SDCC 2016 exclusive, and they actually packaged him like that!  There are apparently a few other releases of the character, but they're packaged upright, like standard figures.  This is totally classic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1