IGNORED

What’s your favorite frozen pizza?

Foochie776

Spoiler

On 12/13/2019 at 8:53 PM, drxandy said:

Big fan of Jack's, thin crust does well frozen

I also like to add my own toppings to them, the half cheese half pepperoni is my go-to blank canvas, might add fresh jalapenos, onions, mushroom, p much whatever on hand

On 12/14/2019 at 1:13 AM, Jeevan said:

jack's pizza is a very cheap and quick pizza.  I especially like the mexican one.  My mother bought mexican pizza as a kid and its pretty decent.  Also digorno stuffed crust is a decent little pizza.  Both go well with 👑  !!!!   Helps to sober u up and not get a hangover 🙂

On 12/14/2019 at 3:14 AM, twiztor said:

Jack's is my go-to for a quick easy frozen pizza.

there's a newerish brand "Lotzza Motzza" that has a buffalo chicken that i really dig.

huge shout out to old school Tony's with the pepperonis that curled up when heated.  the grease that pooled inside was godly.  @Quest4Nes knows whats up

On 12/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, skinnygrinny said:

Everybody jocking jacks 🥜

I like the totinos ones.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, Jeevan said:

jacks is cheap @skinnygrinny and pretty ok on the taste too 🙂  I mean 2.50 for a nice little 'za is not too shabby really and it is a 12" pizza!!!!

On 12/14/2019 at 8:38 AM, skinnygrinny said:

Oh ya I like jacks too.

im swinging off those 🥜 like Tarzan! 

On 12/14/2019 at 4:43 PM, Boosted52405 said:

This is my kind of thread, I like the following...

Mega-Cheap: Totinos Party Pizza, just had some with my kid last night

Cheap: Jacks Canadian Bacon/Pepperoni

Semi-Cheap:  Digornios Hawaiian Pizza - bomb diggity

Mildly Pricey: Screamin Sicilian Meat One

Pricey:  Lottza Mottza Meat One

Great alternatives...Red Baron, Tombstone, Sam's Club ones @ Walmart.

Avoid...Roma & Walmart's knockoff Totinos

On 12/17/2019 at 8:20 AM, CodysGameRoom said:

Jacks, Red Baron, and Tombstone taste better than a lot of actual pizza places. I go for those.

Came here for Jack's love and was not disappointed 😄

On 12/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I don't know, but in high school I made a mean Pizza Hot Pocket

1e10c5e927786b9c30f8588d823fc667_w200.gif

On 12/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, CMR said:

Totino's, though I wish they were still round.

You ain't been looking hard enough friend. I see Totino's all the time lol
The store (chain) I work for does these 10 for $10 deals on things about once a month; Totino's Pizzas are pretty much always one of the items, and I always pick up a couple 👍

On 12/18/2019 at 10:54 AM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm partial to these bad boys, although my hard palate doesn't appreciate the third degree burns. Only problem is that I always want a third one.

Spoiler

Classics_Family Size_French_Bread_Pizza_Pepperoni_9pck_0.jpg

A solid choice! And I also agree; 2 is just never enough

Not a frozen pizza but Aldi's Ready 2 Bake Pizzas are a fair choice when you're looking for decent Pizza on a budget.

Also shout outs to Little Sleazer's Ceaser's Hot n Ready Pizzas...

@Foochie776 should just turn this into a Pizza Appreciation thread lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Just cooked a Screamin Sicilian. I’ve eaten 3 quarters of the pie. While I’m full, I could realistically eat the other two pieces. Do any of you reheat cooked frozen pizza a day later ? It’s not as good IMO. So I generally finish it off right away 😁

Usually, if there's leftover pizza (be it delivery, home made, or frozen) I'll eat it cold, straight out of the fridge.  To me, it's good in its own right that way and, 99% of the time, you'll just make it taste worse trying to heat it back up (via microwave or oven, although I've never had a toaster oven to try).  Unless it's really good pizza, cold fridge pizza is pretty much ruined if you have it out, uneaten, long enough for it to warm back up to room temperature.

• Like 1

Just now, darkchylde28 said:

Usually, if there's leftover pizza (be it delivery, home made, or frozen) I'll eat it cold, straight out of the fridge.  To me, it's good in its own right that way and, 99% of the time, you'll just make it taste worse trying to heat it back up (via microwave or oven, although I've never had a toaster oven to try).  Unless it's really good pizza, cold fridge pizza is pretty much ruined if you have it out, uneaten, long enough for it to warm back up to room temperature.

If you reheat it for 10 minutes in a 400 deg oven straight from the fridge (so it is still cold when it goes in) it will turn out fine.

Just now, arch_8ngel said:

If you reheat it for 10 minutes in a 400 deg oven straight from the fridge (so it is still cold when it goes in) it will turn out fine.

Never had that experience, personally.  It either dries out or ends up overcooking something (usually the cheese, often the sauce) such that it doesn't taste right anymore.  My wife will eat reheated pizza, but she also tends to have chronically have sinus infections and much less sensitivity to taste and smell.  To me, the stuff always tastes off, and distinctly worse than just eating it straight out of the fridge.

The trick to reheating pizza is to warm it up enough in an oven or microwave to get the cheese to start melting again, then pop the slice directly into a frying pan on the stove until it's fully heated. I've found that this method is the only one that gets the crust more or less back to where it should be.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, MachineCode said:

The trick to reheating pizza is to warm it up enough in an oven or microwave to get the cheese to start melting again, then pop the slice directly into a frying pan on the stove until it's fully heated. I've found that this method is the only one that gets the crust more or less back to where it should be.

Yeah, that works well, too.

Just barely re-melt the cheese in the oven, and finish the crust in a hot cast-iron pan with a bit of oil.

But if you oil the pan you're toasting on in the oven, 10 min at 400+ will do it, too.

Edited by arch_8ngel

1 minute ago, MachineCode said:

I've tried this trick too, and while it's closer, it's still not right.  Most often with that method, the crust ends up harder (albeit less dried out) than others.  Just ran across the below article which apparently goes on to explain why cold pizza tastes awesome (to some of us, it appears), and potentially why reheating it turns out badly more often than not (again, to some of us, apparently).

https://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/news/why-cold-leftover-pizza-always-tastes-so-damn-good-0158607/

I don't eat frozen pizza much any more, since the big chains usually have deals for $5-6 these days. That's better than frozen stuff.

As for reheating pizza, I always heat it for a couple minutes in a cast iron pan, and then a couple more under the broiler. That leads to both sides being cooked perfectly.

• Like 2