IGNORED

NA Refugee

khog

2 hours ago, khog said:

Damn dudes.  Been busy with life and a new kid and work, come back to nintendoage and it is fucked.  This site looks really nice, don't know who all put it together, but hope it keeps going.

Good to have you over here.  I'm curious--those of you that are just now showing up, long after everything was screwed, how did you find this place?  Did you search the travesty of what remains over at GoCollect?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RH said:

Good to have you over here.  I'm curious--those of you that are just now showing up, long after everything was screwed, how did you find this place?  Did you search the travesty of what remains over at GoCollect?

I went to nintendoage, or whatever the hell is left over there, and spent about half an hour looking for where everyone bailed to.  After reading through that disaster, I assumed everyone that has been around NA for 10+ years wouldn't have just disappeared and not found a new place.  I wasn't super active anymore, but I had been a member for 8ish years and would routinely visit and catch up on stuff, even if I would take month long stints without checking in.  I then googled "nintendoage new site" and found a post by @Teh_Lurv on this AtariAge post mentioning this joint and signed up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khog said:

I went to nintendoage, or whatever the hell is left over there, and spent about half an hour looking for where everyone bailed to.  After reading through that disaster, I assumed everyone that has been around NA for 10+ years wouldn't have just disappeared and not found a new place.  I wasn't super active anymore, but I had been a member for 8ish years and would routinely visit and catch up on stuff, even if I would take month long stints without checking in.  I then googled "nintendoage new site" and found a post by @Teh_Lurv on this AtariAge post mentioning this joint and signed up.

I see.  We actually had extensive discussions regarding setting up a new site but, I assume,  GoCollect locked those down and probably deleted them.  I never go over there any more. Just to sad. 😢

11 minutes ago, noiseredux said:

oh hey, I finally found my way over here. I'll have to see if I can re-find my Kristen-Bell-playing-DS avatar, though.

Was it from this photo?

kristen-bell-with-nintendo-at-moto-on-ma

Ah, I remember you now.  If you can't find it, it shouldn't be hard to remake it.

Yeah, I hate the large loss of familiar avatars.  It wasn't until being here for a while that I realized there were a lot of people I knew by their avatar and not their name.

Carte blanch comment to everyone--if you frequented NA but changed your Avatar here, I probably remember you but not by your name. Sorry.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Quaze said:

There we go, fixed it. Now we can focus on the message instead of just wondering why you put the letter S in parentheses all the time. You're welcome gang.

Don't you tell him how to greet(s) the forum!  He's been at it forever.  Can't stop now!

On 12/12/2019 at 2:56 PM, RH said:

Was it from this photo?

kristen-bell-with-nintendo-at-moto-on-ma

Ah, I remember you now.  If you can't find it, it shouldn't be hard to remake it.

Yeah, I hate the large loss of familiar avatars.  It wasn't until being here for a while that I realized there were a lot of people I knew by their avatar and not their name.

Carte blanch comment to everyone--if you frequented NA but changed your Avatar here, I probably remember you but not by your name. Sorry.

thanks, bud - that's the one. 😄