IGNORED

Coin collecting

Nintendo Historian

Neat! My grandfather passed down a bunch of coins to me. He isn’t dead, he just wanted to make sure they came to me. Nothing historical though mostly a lot of Silver Eagles and other random stuff although there are some wheat pennies and some other stuff from the turn of the century. I’ll probably pass it down to my son when he is old enough. 

46 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Neat! My grandfather passed down a bunch of coins to me. He isn’t dead, he just wanted to make sure they came to me. Nothing historical though mostly a lot of Silver Eagles and other random stuff although there are some wheat pennies and some other stuff from the turn of the century. I’ll probably pass it down to my son when he is old enough. 

I have a bunch of Silver Eagles ,as well as bunch of other American coins ..

Wow! That is neat. I used to collect coins when I was a kid. Nothing serious. Just for fun and the history of it. I've always wanted a Morgan Silver Dollar. I never got one of those.

Speaking of old coins, I got a 1956 wheat penny in change the other day. Nothing too special but I always like seeing them in circulation. 

2 hours ago, Sign Collector Guy said:

Should have that certified/graded. 🙂 

Actually I was told by the deal I acquired it from (a very reputable dealer in numismatics )that serious collectors of Ancient coins do not have them graded .It is certified though ,meaning I have papers of authentication for it .

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR

31 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

This isn’t exactly a coin but when I was in Vegas last I decided to visit the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop (Pawn Stars) and they let me hold a Roman brothel token from one of their recent episodes. They also had an overall nice coin collection.

Asking price was $12K.

80038D67-6208-4488-86F4-684DB68BD5DF.jpeg

The coin I posted above is worth upwards of $20K in that condition,which is mint ..Examples of this coin often have a poor strike of the portrait of Christ ,mine has a perfect strike ..Which the coin itself in any condition is rare ,one with the condition mine is in is even rarer ..My particular specimen is one of the nicer ones known ,it is well documented..I have had it for a number of years ..

Edited by NES CONNOISSEUR