IGNORED

Game Boy Weekly Contest Round 2: Bubble Ghost

Red

Hello and welcome to the second round of the Game Boy Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Bubble Ghost.  You may me invulnerable, but your bubble isn't!  Guide the bubble through the castle to score points.  The faster you go, the more points you will earn.

Rules:

- Play until you beat the game or Game Over

-Highest score wins

-You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, December 15, 2019 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

https://www.videogamesage.com/topic/1468-game-boy-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-20192020/

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. 268,450 (0xDEAFC0DE)

2. 263,200 (arnpoly)

3. 241,130 (acromite53)

4. 205,630 (Splain)

5. 194,300 (koifish)

6. 93,780 (bertsampson)

7. 93,730 (ecmyers)

8. 79,640 (barrels)

9. 77,550 (Ausden)

Edited by Red
  • Like 1

• The topic was pinned
Editorials Team · Posted

I've never really sat down with this game, digging it so far. My second run-through was way better than my first, lol. There's a learning curve but it's not too steep. Every pixel matters!

Edit: actually some pixels don't matter.

Edited by Splain
  • Haha 1

yeah, the edges are weird in this game. I put in a few hours today and was alright, but then there are some maps that trip me up. It looks like there are a total of 36 rooms.

Anybody figured out what the max points for a room is? I think the timer starts at 7000, as I've gotten as many as 6540 on the first room, but I think that might be the max, unless some rooms give more than others. Assuming you can only get 6540 total, then by my math you should only be able to get a grand total of 235640 or so on a perfect (read:impossible) run, in which every room is as instant as the first room. I'm not confident of that however, especially since I just did the math in my head 🙂

Administrator · Posted
35 minutes ago, koifish said:

Well, you could sell it after the contest is over, nobody's forcing you to own it forever after all. 🙂

Eeeeehhhhh. I expect I'd be sitting on it for a good while if I tried to get the full price back. Odds are good that I'd lose like half what I spend. 

15 hours ago, koifish said:

yeah, the edges are weird in this game. I put in a few hours today and was alright, but then there are some maps that trip me up. It looks like there are a total of 36 rooms.

Anybody figured out what the max points for a room is? I think the timer starts at 7000, as I've gotten as many as 6540 on the first room, but I think that might be the max, unless some rooms give more than others. Assuming you can only get 6540 total, then by my math you should only be able to get a grand total of 235640 or so on a perfect (read:impossible) run, in which every room is as instant as the first room. I'm not confident of that however, especially since I just did the math in my head 🙂

While maybe impossible for us the highest score I found is actually 255350.

This is the second place time for all levels RTA. It beats the first place run in score since deaths cost time in RTA runs. 

[Old picture] 

Just completed my first run without continuing (with no lives to spare). I hate the moving prongs obstacles in hall 20 and 32. I've lost so many lives to them and I imagine I'll be losing a whole lot more. My score seems surprisingly high compared to the speedruns. I'm guessing that the points don't decrease that much with time, so the final scores will be pretty close. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE

[Old picture]

This is definitely going to be a close one, only 300 below @arnpoly. I started going for several more difficult paths and early cycles, but there are a couple I still don't go for. There's also a bit of room for execution improvement too. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE