Jump to content
IGNORED

How some dude named Dom shipped my TurboDuo CIB


Gex
 Share

Recommended Posts

domarse

...anywoo, I remember years ago when I bought a Neo Geo AES and the guy shipped it in it's original box, from what I remember the box was pretty sturdy and came from NC but I rather it had been at least wrapped up or something.  Yet nothing beats getting NES games shipped inside a bisquick box (I still wish I kept those pics) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GPX said:

Don’t know what I’m impressed more:

- the stupidity/laziness of the seller?

or

- the box managed to survive and looking half decent!

Option 3 All of the above.

Unless there's still something special about it, demand a refund and return.  That guy needs to be punished.  Good luck that clown sells it for the value he got out of you again.  He'll learn really quick console boxes are NOT shipping boxes when that thing loses like what 1/2 the value?

 

I posted it in the Neo Geo thread, but I had the same issue, but mine was not intentional but a happy accident born of stupidity.  I thought I was getting a loose 8MAN MVS (+marquee maybe at best due to a crappy image.)  Moron sent the entire kit in its original kit box with just a single wrap of butcher paper around it, and by some miracle of non-USPS buffoonary it actually showed up entirely intact.  I would have been devastated if that was torn asunder or smashed even if it wasn't expected just because of the low quantity of such good should be cared for, just like that Duo box.  What a putz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, nrslam said:

I'm most impressed that none of the folk in the mail system made off with it.

Because most people in the Post Office are not collectors of Retro Gaming goodness and probably can give 2 shits about retro gaming treasures .They probably think that “old stuff “is garbage ,and worthless ..lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

Because most people in the Post Office are not collectors of Retro Gaming goodness and probably can give 2 shits about retro gaming treasures .They probably think that “old stuff “is garbage ,and worthless ..lol 

I still feel like most people don’t care about older gaming and or collecting it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Romiked2689 said:

I still feel like most people don’t care about older gaming and or collecting it. 

And we have a winner.  That really is the truth.  We have this group here, and there is a larger group way out there who care about such things, but even in that pool of caring, most are not collectors, they're looking to make a buck and don't get the reasons entirely why something has value.  Paper, cardboard?  Pfft, it must be what's inside, so what's better to ship it in than what it shipped in right?  Wrong!  The classic old line of assumption is the mother of all f'ups is about right in this case.  Or the other is that if you assume, u make an ass out of me. 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

And we have a winner.  That really is the truth.  We have this group here, and there is a larger group way out there who care about such things, but even in that pool of caring, most are not collectors, they're looking to make a buck and don't get the reasons entirely why something has value.  Paper, cardboard?  Pfft, it must be what's inside, so what's better to ship it in than what it shipped in right?  Wrong!  The classic old line of assumption is the mother of all f'ups is about right in this case.  Or the other is that if you assume, u make an ass out of me. 😛

^^This x2 ..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gloves said:

I don't see the issue, it's a box. You ship game consoles in boxes! I'm sure the console inside is fine!

I'd agree with this if there wasn't plastic chunks from the console bouncing around inside with the 20lb power brick, oh and zero packaging. It's funny because he advertised the Duo as more valuable because the box/console had matching serial ##'s, but then decides to ruin the box with extremely adhesive packing tape?

Soooooo like no matter how you look at this he fked up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That or *sniff* a few grams at a time.  Whatever the case, that really was inexcusable.  I will not go into the ground level of common sense, but how often when someone buys something online do major companies ship the item with the packing box you see at retail with stickers, or they jam it with paper, peanuts, or something in a bit bigger?  They know all well new items ship on pallets and size depending boxes inside larger boxes to take the hits.  Item boxes are really display boxes, they're meant to be eye appealing so they're not tough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...